Drink Vouchers for Diamond, etc.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:12 PM, Ashland said:

I always get my favorite "Lemon Drop" but have to go elsewhere to get a Mojito :classic_tongue:

I'll have to remember to try both of those. Not a big drinker and never tried either. Which would a non drinker like better do you think?

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'll have to remember to try both of those. Not a big drinker and never tried either. Which would a non drinker like better do you think?

Lemon drop tastes like a lemon drop candy so sweet.  Mojito has a mint in it and isn't sweet.  I love lemon drops.  But, two very different drinks.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BND said:

Lemon drop tastes like a lemon drop candy so sweet.  Mojito has a mint in it and isn't sweet.  I love lemon drops.  But, two very different drinks.  

My Limoncello is about the same as a lemon drop Martini 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 8:43 AM, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Just be careful ordering diamond drinks at the main restaurant dining table as in the past I have been charged and had to go to reception desk to have them taken off. To be fair the rules did use to say that you couldn’t use the diamond drinks vouchers in the main restaurants but some ships ignored this.

The 50% off a glass of wine or beer voucher ( pre loaded to your card) can only be used once and therefore I usually  use it against a nice wine. Likewise the 20% off voucher. Make sure you tell the waiter that you want to use the 50% off voucher or the 20% off voucher. Equally if you want to use one of your diamond allowance drinks you will need to tell the waiter.

Good advice 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2021 at 4:12 PM, Ashland said:

I always get my favorite "Lemon Drop" but have to go elsewhere to get a Mojito :classic_tongue:

Whoa, my kinda drinker...those are my faves as well.  Next time ask the tender to rim your Lemon Drop with orange section and twist before sugaring.  Had that on Liberty one cruise and it is now my standard, best you will ever taste!  Amazing what a little orange oil will do.  Course the Classic Mojito is the first drink I have after boarding...always...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My Limoncello is about the same as a lemon drop Martini 

Too sweet for me, I have a set of Limoncello glasses...so cute, we went through the home made limoncello phase, but I prefer the Drop!!!!!  MMM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Too sweet for me, I have a set of Limoncello glasses...so cute, we went through the home made limoncello phase, but I prefer the Drop!!!!!  MMM

Totally depends on how you blend it. 😉

I control the sweetness😇

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I tried query on CoCoCay bars but didn't find anything on this thread...so do they work on the island too?   We'll be at the Beach Club

If you purchase UDP it works on coco cay  .. idk about free drink vouchers. When key got pulled they stopped routing to coco cay from Galveston so I dont have any going there. Sure wished I did . Yes lol oasis out of miami will go there in 2023. But nothing currently out of Galveston. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:02 AM, davekathy said:

With Celebrity's new AI (Always Included) you get unlimited drinks anytime at most bars. So much for the CC HH. 

Though I'm still to cruise Celebrity it is a line we are looking at (and had a Norway cruise booked last year). I've got to the age where I don't really drink during the day so I'm more than happy with just the two hour HH .

My interline travel agent quotes fares without the AI. 

On 4/26/2021 at 2:43 AM, yogimax said:

You state "many C&A members are thrilled."  How scientific is that?  You criticize, then do the very same thing you accuse others of.

Personally,  as fairly new diamond members, just four or five cruises as diamond, we really enjoy the added benefit of the lounge.

Especially the ships where its in the old Viking Crown Lounge.  Independants had a nice outside area where we enjoyed the limited breakfast set up. Jewel was nice too. Even Rhapsody was lovely, mainly because the staff were so welcoming.  We've met some interesting people and enjoyed the snacks.  

Having said this we only stay an hour or so before second dining. And occasionally pop in during the day  for a cool quiet indoor space where hubby can do his sketching 

Four vouchers will be fine for us, if we want another drink on top,  will just pay as we go

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

More than happy with the 5 drink vouchers as I do not drink alcoholic beverages during the day and rarely drank that much under the old system. I did enjoy the predinner knosh but can survive without that if it does permanently go away, just hope access to the coffee machine continues.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I tried query on CoCoCay bars but didn't find anything on this thread...so do they work on the island too?   We'll be at the Beach Club

The drink vouchers worked on CoCoCay when I was on the June 19 sailing. Apparently they didn’t work consistently on the first sailing. 

• Thanks 2

Drink vouchers was discussed in great length months ago. Some were totally against it and it others were for it. We knew it was coming.  It is a cut back for us. Now you will have to use a coupon for water. 

Those that don't drink,  NP. Those that drink much, their choice. Those that complain, sorry. LOL

CHEERS!

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Though I'm still to cruise Celebrity it is a line we are looking at (and had a Norway cruise booked last year). I've got to the age where I don't really drink during the day so I'm more than happy with just the two hour HH .

My interline travel agent quotes fares without the AI. 

What age is that? I obviously have reached it yet and want to be prepared so I can skip that year. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What age is that? I obviously have reached it yet and want to be prepared so I can skip that year. 🤣

🤣 it's not so much as I don't want to drink, an exotic cocktail on a Caribbean island sounds devine.  Its more it doesn't like me so much, I just fall asleep and then wake up with a headache 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Drink vouchers was discussed in great length months ago. Some were totally against it and it others were for it. We knew it was coming.  It is a cut back for us. Now you will have to use a coupon for water. 

Those that don't drink,  NP. Those that drink much, their choice. Those that complain, sorry. LOL

CHEERS!

Just curious, why do you feel it's a cutback?

Do you not find value in the expanded hours and expanded selection?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

🤣 it's not so much as I don't want to drink, an exotic cocktail on a Caribbean island sounds devine.  Its more it doesn't like me so much, I just fall asleep and then wake up with a headache 

Just having a little fun with your comment. The secret is don't stop drinking and don't fall asleep. But I agree sometimes too much fun, too much alcohol and too much Caribbean sun can sneak up on you.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just having a little fun with your comment. The secret is don't stop drinking and don't fall asleep. But I agree sometimes too much fun, too much alcohol and too much Caribbean sun can sneak up on you.  

Yup...  😄 

image.jpeg.28e5da8018d184d894944a73c3964b94.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just curious, why do you feel it's a cutback?

Do you not find value in the expanded hours and expanded selection?

I suggested vouchers and all day drinks months ago and got flamed. I was for it then and now, too. 

Would you use a coupon for a water or a $13 drink? That's what I think is a cutback. 

Celebrity used 3 coupons instead of Lounge HH whenever there were too many Elite and above. You could only use coupons for that day and only during HH.

RCI will not let you use a previous days coupon, use it that day or loose it. Why not allow number of coupons x days? It is computerized, so no problem on tracking. Maybe one day I want 6 drinks instead of 5. But will stay within my limit. A drink can be soda, water and/or booze.

Hope this clarifies my thinking.

HAPPY CRUISING!

16 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I suggested vouchers and all day drinks months ago and got flamed. I was for it then and now, too. 

Would you use a coupon for a water or a $13 drink? That's what I think is a cutback. 

Celebrity used 3 coupons instead of Lounge HH whenever there were too many Elite and above. You could only use coupons for that day and only during HH.

RCI will not let you use a previous days coupon, use it that day or loose it. Why not allow number of coupons x days? It is computerized, so no problem on tracking. Maybe one day I want 6 drinks instead of 5. But will stay within my limit. A drink can be soda, water and/or booze.

Hope this clarifies my thinking.

HAPPY CRUISING!

Clear as mud. Seems like you just want more.

Even my midwest based education taught me to utilize my vouchers to optimize their value.

And Celebrity is not part of the equation, they've gone AI anyway

• Like 2