QM2 Inside Cabin with 3rd & 4th Berths

Desert Cruisers

Some  cabins have a sofa bed which is great for a third person. Others a bed which will come from the ceiling over the sofa.  So the king size bed is not affected and there is still plenty of room.  These are great cabins but sell out quickly especially on the longer trips.

1 hour ago, Elephant1151 said:

Some  cabins have a sofa bed which is great for a third person. Others a bed which will come from the ceiling over the sofa.  So the king size bed is not affected and there is still plenty of room.  These are great cabins but sell out quickly especially on the longer trips.

On Qm2? Inside?

On 5/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, babs135 said:

Down from the ceiling.

I should have added that if it's a balcony cabin you're thinking of booking the third bed is a sofa bed, not sure if they do a balcony cabin for 4.  Check the deck plans.  The sofa bed is returned to a sofa during the day but for the life of me I can't remember if they push the pull downs back into the ceiling.  Someone here will remember.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know in the balcony cabins with the “Single sofa bed” if the bed folds out longways into the cabin or if it goes essentially horizontal, limiting how much of the cabin floor space it takes up? Have been on ships before with that sort of sofa bed. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, oceansandseas said:

The single sofa bed pulls out and it goes right in front of the balcony door.  Extremely hard to get out on the balcony with the sofa pulled out as a bed. This was on Queen Victoria.

Same on the QM2.  The balcony is only truly accessible during the day.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:19 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Where do they put the ladder for accessing the top bunk?    Is there room at the foot of the bed?

The ladder was hooked onto the side of the top bunk. If I remember correctly there is no room at the foot of the bed.