I'm beginning to think the CDC may very well lose the lawsuit that Florida initiated

ontheweb

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

You obviously don't live/have never lived in a large urban area and didn't have your job, stores for shopping, etc. right outside your front door.   Not everyone has a personal car.  Not everyone can ride a bike or use a scooter.  Not everyone can walk long distances.

You are still talking about INCONVENIENCES and COST. These are all choices. You can live in the largest and most densely populated place on the planet. It may take you 8 more hours to get where you are going, but that is a choice.

I do get your point, understand it, and agree with it. The cruise lines should have had the same exact restrictions of all mass transit systems. That is exactly what the judge is saying. Cruises are no different than planes, trains, hotels, restaurants, etc. They are all the same.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

So you are telling me that exposure to covid is time based alone? Your logic is 100% flawed and this is the stupidity of an uneducated US.

Wow, I won't stoop to your level and call names, but what the other poster states is correct.  It is not about the amount of time you are in a restaurant or hotel.  It is about the amount of time you are exposed to the same people, which leads to the odds of contracting a disease becoming greater.  Basic statistics and epidemiology, but since you're educated, you know this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You are still talking about INCONVENIENCES and COST. These are all choices. You can live in the largest and most densely populated place on the planet. It may take you 8 more hours to get where you are going, but that is a choice.

You're right it is my choice, employer be damned, if I want to arrive 8 hours late to work they should just accept it😜

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

So you are telling me that exposure to covid is time based alone? Your logic is 100% flawed and this is the stupidity of an uneducated US. 

Your logic is flawed and as an educated Australian I find your name calling is insulting to everyone who has read the science.

The increased exposure to people in the same area for days on end especially if some of them are infected always increases risk of disease transmission. That is why I have even prior to Covid found it frustrating that people coughing and sneezing and talking about visiting the medical centre would sit around the local coffee area comparing symptoms and treatment. 

I must admit I would beat a hasty retreat but unfortunately would sometimes still get sick. 

23 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Your logic is flawed and as an educated Australian I find your name calling is insulting to everyone who has read the science.

The increased exposure to people in the same area for days on end especially if some of them are infected always increases risk of disease transmission.

Agree 100%. 

Amazing the "claims" some people like to make. 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

You're right it is my choice, employer be damned, if I want to arrive 8 hours late to work they should just accept it😜

Yep, the company requires me to report to my ship from Maine to Texas, so I guess I should start out 7.5 days in advance to ride my bike there, or 27 days of walking.  It's my choice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Yep, the company requires me to report to my ship from Maine to Texas, so I guess I should start out 7.5 days in advance to ride my bike there, or 27 days of walking.  It's my choice.

Why are you bothering with that person?

Total waste of your time. 

So you do you like in the MLB East division, The Sox or the Rays? 😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

1. Yes, you can leave a restaurant on land when ever you see fit. The same EXACT thing can be done on a cruise ship. There are doors to it, you sit down, you eat, you get up, and you leave. 
  2. Yes, you can leave your hotel room, the same exact way you can leave your cabin. You walk out the door and you are in a wide open area of the hotel. You walk out the exit doors of the hotel and you are in open air. The same exact thing happens going out to the pool deck or the outside walkway on a cruise ship.
  3. There is no need to leave a cruise ship. It is a floating city. It is no different than your own city, but on a smaller scale.
  4. Airplane, train, bus, or any other form of transportation does not give you immunity to covid. If you believe that you are an idiot. Covid is not a time based disease that you can only contract if you are in an area for more than 2 hours. You can contract covid in under 2 minutes regardless of where you air. 

It get ridiculous to try to even debate with uneducated people. That Bill Murry quote rings true even more. And to prove your own point against you, I would give you these criteria to see how true you are to your ridiculous argument. Under these conditions, would you fly in a plane for 5 hours. 

• You have a 100% chance at death if you contract covid
  • Every seat on that plan that is so safe is filled with passengers that all have the covid virus.
  • No one is to wear a mask and you are sitting in the middle seat.

Are you going to get on that plane that is so safe if you had those conditions? The answer is no. The reason is you know that covid is transmitted on planes. I would be far more safe on a cruise ship with 9,000 people onboard with a 95% vaccination rate than any random airplane I get on.

There is no reason to debate with someone who write about the stupid uneducated US.

BTW, why did the Celebrity ship do contact tracing after 2 passengers tested positive?