Week before or week after Thanksgiving?

We are looking to cruise again in November 2022.  Because our son was in school we always cruised Thanksgiving week.  He will now be in college so we want to get away from the Thanksgiving crowds and have a more quiet, with less kids, vacation and just DH and myself.  Would love to hear feedback on which week might be better, especially if you have also done a Thanksgiving week cruise.

Also, can any couples, who have been on the Encore, recommend it?  Not interested in the race track, laser tag or anything else geared toward kids.  How is the deck space if you just want to lounge in the sun?

Thanks!

We booked the week after for this November. Never been on the Encore but from what I understand deck space and pool are small. Still looking forward to it simply because they most likely will be decorated for Xmas and I assume it will be beautiful. Christmas is my fav holiday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

We are looking to cruise again in November 2022.  Because our son was in school we always cruised Thanksgiving week.  He will now be in college so we want to get away from the Thanksgiving crowds and have a more quiet, with less kids, vacation and just DH and myself.  Would love to hear feedback on which week might be better, especially if you have also done a Thanksgiving week cruise.

Also, can any couples, who have been on the Encore, recommend it?  Not interested in the race track, laser tag or anything else geared toward kids.  How is the deck space if you just want to lounge in the sun?

Thanks!

I would vote for the week after because all of the Christmas decorations will be up. Very festive. 

You can skim through my live post from the encore. Some pictures that may answer some questions. Also some Christmas decorations. 

• Like 1

My last cruise to date happened to the the week after Thanksgiving on the Encore in 2019... I would definitely recommend the ship, and if you're looking for deck space with peace and quiet, go for the Vibe passes. They're easier to get on the Encore due to the increased size of the Vibe area...

• Like 1

I have done both and prefer the week after. Hardly anyone seems to take their kids out of school that first week in December. Sailing out of NY myself, it's always extra chilly at first, but totally worth it. Generally the ships we have sailed on have not ecen been full with adults, although we also go for longer cruises. Enjoy your planning! 

The first week of December is usually one of if not the cheapest week of the year to cruise.  I would not choose the week right after Thanksgiving because then you would be flying in either on Black Friday or the Saturday afterwards and air could be tough since that Sunday is the busiest day of the year at airports.  So, I would cruise out on December 3/4 instead of November 26/27