Regal Princess Obstructed view cabins deck 8 which are the best for position being quiet? less obstructed?

glittergal1

Hi All looking at booking the Regal Princess the cost between Obstructed and un obstructed is quite wide so we are looking at the obstructed as a preference cost wise

These are deck 8 so who has had experience of a good cabin to book please? Im not so bothered about obstruction however a position where the cabin is quiet is a must

some on the  deck plan look a good choice but deck plans are often a bit off in positioning so any input from past cruisers is more beneficial especially any cabins to totally avoid 

I haven't stayed in one of these cabins, but I'll put my two cents worth in anyhow since there aren't any answers yet. If I were looking for quiet in one of these, I'd book E319, E323 or E325. Those have cabins above and the art gallery below.

We were in Cabin E228 on the Royal a few years ago and I assume it's a similar layout to the Regal.  We were just forward of the lifeboats and had a clear view down to the water as well as outward and forward.

We stayed in E407 on Royal (which is same deck plan) and loved it.  Extra big balcony and quiet. 

Do not book room above Crooners.  We did that once and never again.  We could sing along in our cabin with the piano player until 11 PM.

We often book these obstructed balconies on deck 8 and love them. Sometimes the deluxe obstructed are nearly the same price, so I’ll book it to get the love seat. If you look at the deck plan, you can tell where the lifeboats are. On the Regal they are below you, so you can see everything except straight down. (On the Sky they are level with the railing-big surprise) If you chose carefully, you can book one that doesn’t have a lifeboat.

We consider these the best value cabins on the ship.

• Like 1

I second the "do not book a cabin above Crooners."  It was as if the pianist was inside our cabin. We have stayed at Emerald deck obstructed even-numbered balconies (regular and deluxe), above the mid-ship stores and a further aft, over Deck 7 hallways.  Very pleased.

And of course, no adjoining cabins unless your family or friends are right next door.  The doors do not provide much noise insulation.

Thanks for all your input we have now decided to take the risk in booking a Guarantee Deluxe as the price difference was only £50 , if we unfortunately do end up in a noisy position we will just need to take advantage of the included drinks package 🙂 we are not going until 2023 but excited already , this will be our first with Princess as our 2022 was cancelled due to re deployment of our ship 

Hello!  We were in E 405 on Regal...  the side that is not above Crooners....  

It does have the deeper balcony, with that welcomed space.

I was just looking at a similar cabin that is on the other side (Port) above Crooners, and will have to skip that one, even though I had wanted to be on the Port side on this sailing.  Don't want to here that!

Okay, If you aren't above Crooners, then these cabins are good!

It does seem like you are sitting RiGHT above those decks below.  Which was okay... That did not bother me, except that I did NOT like the light from this rails below that came thru our balcony door window.   

Edited by Wishing on a star

Most time on Regal we have taken mid ship deck 8 by the lifts.  Really a great spot.  The one thing that I found with deck eight, for us we would book a balcony cabin that had cabins across the hall.  This was because of some noise that was in the interior walls. It was not much noise, but at time you could hear it in you cabin, if you cabin had no cabin across the hall.  

Also I was in 319 a few times and that was great for us.