Sailing from Galveston end of August

OK

I know this is a stupid question... But what is everyone's feelings about the Port of Galveston being open by August.

I found a great deal for 7 nights. But right now RC already has my money from two other cruises that I have moved to 2022. And don't want to give them anymore of my money, until I'm sure they are really sailing.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. But how bright is it really?

5 minutes ago, johnlcruise said:

OK

I know this is a stupid question... But what is everyone's feelings about the Port of Galveston being open by August.

I found a great deal for 7 nights. But right now RC already has my money from two other cruises that I have moved to 2022. And don't want to give them anymore of my money, until I'm sure they are really sailing.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. But how bright is it really?

No one can tell you for sure. Carnival plans to sail from Galveston on July 3rd. The port is ready. The CDC and/or HHS are the issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Million dollar question. One that many many people want to know. Fingers crossed. 

Only the cdc knows. 

Everyone forgets that the secretary of HHS could end the CSO with the stroke of a pen.

"This Order is effective upon signature and shall remain in effect until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services' declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) November 1, 2021."

My coin landed on heads - that ships will sail from Galveston in August in some form based on the way things are progressing.

Just my own assumption and it could easily land on tails instead. 

46 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Do you really think so? I don’t think they have a clue about anyth8ng and are simply making it up as they go at this point. 

I dont think they have a date no, I think they like the publicity and control. Unless they give it up, I think we are stuck with no cruises.

I think the cdc is like that naughty child who starts getting off on negative attention. 

PS governor Abbott just banned mask requirements in public schools. Surprised but glad.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont think they have a date no, I think they like the publicity and control. Unless they give it up, I think we are stuck with no cruises.

I think the cdc is like that naughty child who starts getting off on negative attention. 

Absolutely agree about the publicity and control,  have you ever seen a bunch of politicians who didn't love publicity and control?  and we really like the naughty child comparison!

• Thanks 1