First test cruise...

CruiserBruce

19 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

CC has on the news section that CDC has approved a first test cruise for RCI out of Florida. Some said a test cruise would never happen...

Maybe you should post this in the Debbie Downers thread!  🤣

• Like 2

What I don't understand about this is that the CDC had said if everyone is vaccinated,  the cruise lines didn't need to do the "test" cruises.  Has something changed?  What does this mean for HAL?  Will they now need to do these test cruises?

9 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

What I don't understand about this is that the CDC had said if everyone is vaccinated,  the cruise lines didn't need to do the "test" cruises.  Has something changed?  What does this mean for HAL?  Will they now need to do these test cruises?

There are two paths, one with vaccinated passengers (95%) and one that requires test cruises.  Lines can choose either one or both.  I suspect RCI wants a ship or two that doesn’t require vaccinated passengers.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, KirkNC said:

There are two paths, one with vaccinated passengers (95%) and one that requires test cruises.  Lines can choose either one or both.  I suspect RCI wants a ship or two that doesn’t require vaccinated passengers.

The news story I read said everyone needed to be vaccinated but I looked at other stories and saw no mention of that.  For "suspect" stories, I usually hunt around for more than one as these days, the media doesn't always get the facts correct. 🙄  I didn't this time...my bad!

It will be very interesting to follow this and see how it goes.  I'm more than happy to see how it goes for all the "guinea pigs" that want to sail before I do!

MSC has been sailing in Europe for months without a vaccination requirement.  They safety protocols have been successful, with thousands of passengers sailing prior to vaccine availability.  I would not be surprised if MSC proposes in their response to the CSO a program similar to their EU protocols.  I am not certain but I think the MSC Virtuosa, sailing around the UK, does have a vaccinated crew and passengers.

Dennis