Cancellation email - to me or my TA?

When I log in to the Royal site, it says our cruise has been cancelled but I have  not received an email notification- will the email come to me or to my TA?

I’m trying to find out if Lift & Shift will be an option again.  I thought there used to be a link on Royal’s site where you could do your own Lift & Shift if it was available to you but I can’t find that link any more.

19 minutes ago, OneParticularHarbour 71 said:

will the email come to me or to my TA?

It might be neither. Someone will post the L&S link, if there's one, but contact your TA if you want to do it sooner. 

It should go to your TA...     They seem to be slow sending out the emails for the cancellations announced yesterday, I haven't received them for my clients impacted.    

According to the announcement, they are offering Lift and Shift for those cancellations:

LIFT & SHIFT

• Our Lift & Shift option is perfect for your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select a qualifying cruise in 2022 on the same itinerary, sailing length, embarkation port, stateroom category and departing within +/- 2-weeks of the original cruise date. Then, give us a call and we’ll take care of the rest!

We had 2 cancelled that we booked ourselves. We got the email on June 4, and called on June 5 to do a Lift & Shift. We thought it would take a while to get through because they had just made the announcements, but our call was picked up within a few minutes and the representative was very helpful. We got both weeks of our B2B moved and were able to get the same cabin for both weeks.

It was great to not have to add more FCCs to the list.

12 hours ago, OneParticularHarbour 71 said:

When I log in to the Royal site, it says our cruise has been cancelled but I have  not received an email notification- will the email come to me or to my TA?

I’m trying to find out if Lift & Shift will be an option again.  I thought there used to be a link on Royal’s site where you could do your own Lift & Shift if it was available to you but I can’t find that link any more.

I had an upcoming October cruise show canceled when I logged into Royals website yesterday ,   This one I had booked with a TA.  

I received the letter from the travel agency yesterday afternoon - this was for a ship swap, and gave 2 options (automatically be moved to ship was the default option, request refund was 2nd option.

Edited by BSocial

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I had 2 cancelled, on thru a TA and one booked myself and have not received a cancellation notice for either one yet

We received the email from RCL Friday afternoon. We found out about the cancellations on CC before the email hit, so by the time we received the email, we had already requested refunds on both cruises.

It will go to both of you, if your email address is lites in the booking.  Many times TAs don’t provide this information.  You can always call in and ask to have the information added (one of the few things you can do to your booking if booked through a TA). 

Also if your TA doesn’t make sure their personal email is in the booking, they may not get the email either.  The default email will be the main email associated with the agency phone number.  

I'd wait until either your cruise line or TA get the notice.  During non-pandemic times, I got a better offer through rather than if I'd tried to make the change myself.  The last time, they kept silent, then contacted us on a holiday weekend w/ a 2-week deadline.  In our case, the holiday was a four-day weekend.