Shore Excursions Booklet

Lynda S

Does anyone know if you can still print out an entire shore excursion booklet for your cruise?  I like to arm-chair travel in print and select from there.

I did it for our last Azamara cruise in  2019 but I do not see how to do it now.

I haven’t been able to download a PDF for the best part of 12 months in Australia. I’ve tried on various computers and ipads with no success. I have sent a number of emails to Azamara about this but nothing has been done.

If you change to the US site (click in the flag at bottom of page) you can, of course, successfully download the excursion booklet but it shows the price in USD. I have done this and then hand written the AUD price alongside each excursion.

As a separate issue on excursions, Azamara Australia has confirmed that if I wish to pre-book an excursion, the AUD price shown for the excursion is what I’ll be charged. The problem here is that the exchange rate shown is USD0.60 per Australian dollar; whereas the current commercial rate is 0.77. This is a blatant rip off which they should correct. I assume UK, Canadian, NZ and other nationality guests are similarly ripped off if their exchange rate appreciates against the greenback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lynda S said:

Thank you Jazzbeau, this worked perfect!  I just could not find the spot where to get that brochure!

I made a bookmark because I kept losing it.  Were you able to switch it to Canada dollars?

Well, I just went back to see if I could convert to CDN to answer your question Jazzbeau.  Yes, you can and the conversion rate is amazing 13%!!!  I may have to rethink this!  I wonder if it's a mistake?  We are used to paying over 30% but the CDN $ has been increasing lately so it's now well below 30% but not 13%.

13 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Well, I just went back to see if I could convert to CDN to answer your question Jazzbeau.  Yes, you can and the conversion rate is amazing 13%!!!  I may have to rethink this!  I wonder if it's a mistake?  We are used to paying over 30% but the CDN $ has been increasing lately so it's now well below 30% but not 13%.

I’m seeing 17% this morning 

I did get it to convert to CDN dollars successfully but I didn't realize it was only at 13 or even 17% - that's a great deal all around!  

I only usually look at the prices to compare to what I see out there for private tours.  I did book one though on our last Azamara trip (it was a really cool tour through the various departments on the ship on a sea day) and if I recall right, even though I booked it in CDN, they converted it to USD and then applied it to our on-board acct.  I booked prior to sailing which I thought was a really cool thing to be able to book a shore excursion in advance and have it taken off of our on-board credit. 

'I'll look that up though to see if it was converted when I booked it.

• 2 years later...
On 6/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is the link:

https://www.azamara.com/ebrochure/

It seems to allow you to change the currency [drop down menu] but when I tried selecting AUS it still came up priced in USD.  But at least you get to see all the descriptions.

I'm trying to find this feature on the new Azamara website. I fear it is not available now that Azamara separated from RCCL.

Any suggestions for getting an e-brochure for my sailing?

Thank you.

Diana

29 minutes ago, Cruizer Diana said:

I'm trying to find this feature on the new Azamara website. I fear it is not available now that Azamara separated from RCCL.

Any suggestions for getting an e-brochure for my sailing?

Thank you.

Diana

If your cruise is in 2023, this pdf has live links to the brochure for every cruise [but for 2024 and 2025 nothing has been published yet AFAIK]:

Shore%20Excursions%202023_Flyer.pdf?utm_

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If your cruise is in 2023, this pdf has live links to the brochure for every cruise [but for 2024 and 2025 nothing has been published yet AFAIK]:

Jazzbeau,

Thank you very much!! This is what I was looking for. Please post the 2024 & 2025 brochures when available. We are booked for the Auckland-Sydney leg of the 2024 World Cruise and it would be nice to be able to see the excursion options offline.

Diana

Same question regarding pre/post cruise journeys and city stays. Is there a booklet showing descriptions and cost? For example, I can see both listed on an Italy Intensive for 8/22, but cannot click on them or see a description.

It’s so frustrating in the past I could start more detailed planning 6-9 months out. Our Japan intensive next Spring will be a “one and done” so I want to get the plans right for us. 
Before the website debacle you could even see all the planned excursions for our trip. Now it’s work around of work around and I’m not even sure if what’s shown as excursions is remotely correct 

And heaven forbid I should actually try and book anything! 

4 hours ago, uktog said:

It’s so frustrating in the past I could start more detailed planning 6-9 months out. Our Japan intensive next Spring will be a “one and done” so I want to get the plans right for us. 
Before the website debacle you could even see all the planned excursions for our trip. Now it’s work around of work around and I’m not even sure if what’s shown as excursions is remotely correct 

And heaven forbid I should actually try and book anything! 

Although I booked through a travel agent, I have managed to book excursions myself both on the website and by phone.

I used the website to book an excursion for our November cruise and the amount outstanding was correct once our outstanding OBC had been applied. I was able to pay it online.

For our Feb 24 cruise  I rang Azamara in the UK - the Weybridge number. I got through straight away and was able to book the excursions I wanted. The agent wasn’t able to apply my OBC to them at that time, but assured me the excursions were booked and will sit on my booking until the OBC can be applied.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

16 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Although I booked through a travel agent, I have managed to book excursions myself both on the website and by phone.

I used the website to book an excursion for our November cruise and the amount outstanding was correct once our outstanding OBC had been applied. I was able to pay it online.

For our Feb 24 cruise  I rang Azamara in the UK - the Weybridge number. I got through straight away and was able to book the excursions I wanted. The agent wasn’t able to apply my OBC to them at that time, but assured me the excursions were booked and will sit on my booking until the OBC can be applied.

Yes but the point is, its very hard to find a brochure if indeed you can find an accurate one and many of us haven't got the option to call during the day to make bookings in the off chance the OBC will be applied - and when you are in a situation where the OBC only covers part you are faced having to pay the whole amount and hope it can be adjusted later on.   The Japan information is incomplete so you cannot make a sensible plan based on what is there.

Lets just say - it works for you, it most certainly does not work for myself and others and leave it at that.  Until Azamara gets back to at least the functionality we enjoyed before the IT migration, many will be unhappy and some will move away

• Like 2

You don’t have to pay the full amount, you can just leave it on your account until the OBC can be applied to it - that’s what the agent told me, and my excursions for next February are sitting there on my account. I will wait until after my November cruise before sorting out how to apply my OBC to them. I presume it will either be through the method explained previously (and in the email I got today) of looking for the OBC option in the list of excursions, or by ringing up.

21 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You don’t have to pay the full amount, you can just leave it on your account until the OBC can be applied to it - that’s what the agent told me, and my excursions for next February are sitting there on my account. I will wait until after my November cruise before sorting out how to apply my OBC to them. I presume it will either be through the method explained previously (and in the email I got today) of looking for the OBC option in the list of excursions, or by ringing up.

Sorry different agents different messages yet another problem! 
And I’m not wasting any more time ringing up - never used to have to, they’re not open until 10 so does not suit my work patterns and the response times and rates are inconsistent. 

And don’t start me on response times to emails after ringing up and being told to put it in writing! 

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 10:01 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

"Host Jazzbeau," thank you for posting.  The link works fine for me and the hotlinks within work as well.  I've just booked Az's 2024 9-day Croatia Intensive.  If you can point me to the 2024 equivalent listing of excursions, I would very much appreciate it!!

1 minute ago, mdeegooden said:

"Host Jazzbeau," thank you for posting.  The link works fine for me and the hotlinks within work as well.  I've just booked Az's 2024 9-day Croatia Intensive.  If you can point me to the 2024 equivalent listing of excursions, I would very much appreciate it!!

Haven't seen a link for 2024.  [I'm not the original poster of the 2023 link, and I don't know how it was discovered...]

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Haven't seen a link for 2024.  [I'm not the original poster of the 2023 link, and I don't know how it was discovered...]

I received an update email in June with the link attached to it , from Carol Cabezas no less !  Its been a bit quiet since.  

Edited by combine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdeegooden said:

"Combine," was the link only for the 2023 sailings or did she include those for 2024 as well?

The link was for 2023 only. A cruise I am looking at next March does have details of excursions and prices if you have the time to fill in the details for a booking enquiry. It’s better than it was. 

• Thanks 1