Changed to Summit for July 10 is fine, change of Sky Suite not so much. Check your cabins!

laurajc

We just were able to see the changes to our reservation posted on the Celebrity site.  We are in the same category, but not the same room.  We chose our Sky Suite specifically for location and bathroom layout.  We are moved from 6146 to 6130.  6130 is right by the elevators with an obstructed view.  I am currently on hold with Celebrity after being told someone else had booked our suite on this sailing before us?  Makes no sense!  If you haven't called to confirm your cabin, my advice is do not wait!

Just now, amcb said:

I'm glad they put you back in your original cabin! I'm worried about the same thing with the change since we booked 6132 which has the larger balcony.

🙂 amcb

I would call and confirm!   Good luck!

1 minute ago, laurajc said:

I would call and confirm!   Good luck!

We don't sail until the 24th so the new reservation hasn't even been uploaded yet. My awesome cruise agent is aware of my concerns and is all over it. 🙂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, laurajc said:

After a 40 minute phone call, we are back in 6146.  I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

You are extremely fortunate.  And, to be perfectly honest, you're the first case I've seen that actually got their original cabin back after being switched.  While a switch back may occasionally happen, as it did in this case, Celebrity usually tells their passengers that they're basically SOL.  Nice to see you got what you booked!

• Like 2

Ugghhh!  I am waiting to be assigned a cabin (8/14/2021 sailing) and I'm worried as not all FVs are created equal!!!  I hadn't planned on upgrading from my Sweet 16... but when a large balcony FV on deck 8 came available I did, and now I'm worried I'll be assigned the small balcony FV.  It's been reported by several people on another site that they simply called X and finalized the switch while on the phone... my TA called and was told no.  So here I wait... hoping for the best!  I'm glad everything worked out for you, enjoy your cruise 

Our 7/17 cruise has been moved over to Summit. We kept our same cabin. We had booked an excursion and chef’s table on Millennium and that isn’t showing up. I’m not sure if I need to rebook. I don’t want to be double booked.

1 hour ago, sn2792 said:

Our 7/17 cruise has been moved over to Summit. We kept our same cabin. We had booked an excursion and chef’s table on Millennium and that isn’t showing up. I’m not sure if I need to rebook. I don’t want to be double booked.

We were in the same position. I received an email yesterday that all our prebookings had been cancelled and we needed to rebook.  My onboard credit came online today and I was able to rebook.  This is for the 24th sailing.

🙂 amcb

Edited by amcb

1 minute ago, abbydancer said:

Those of you who have been rebooked.  Did you get an email or see it on your account?  We're on 7/31 in a sky suite I really want to keep.

I just kept logging on. At one point yesterday it switched from showing a cancelled cruise to a current booking.  We also were in a sky suite we really wanted to keep.

🙂 amcb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our booking never showed as cancelled.  It definitely got wonky - couldn't access links, etc.  I just kept checking.  When it made the switch of ships and ports earlier this week we had a new cabin as well.  Still a Sky Suite, just not the same category/location.

3 minutes ago, laurajc said:

Our booking never showed as cancelled.  It definitely got wonky - couldn't access links, etc.  I just kept checking.  When it made the switch of ships and ports earlier this week we had a new cabin as well.  Still a Sky Suite, just not the same category/location.

I'm sorry to hear that! Have you tried to call and see if you can get your original cabin back?

1 minute ago, laurajc said:

We called that day and Celebrity corrected the error.  Thanks for your thoughts!

Well that makes me feel much better! I felt so fortunate that our process seemed to have gone so smoothly, I was seriously bummed to hear that maybe others weren't as lucky.

🙂 amcb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

Those of you who have been rebooked.  Did you get an email or see it on your account?  We're on 7/31 in a sky suite I really want to keep.

I haven’t gotten anything in email yet. I logged into my account and the change was there today. We are in a sky suite and were assigned the same cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1