CPAP on Majestic Princess

Bruin Steve

Now that my October cruise has been confirmed, time to get back to normal threads.

Even though my last pre-pandemic cruise was on a sister ship--Royal Princess--it has been so long now that I cannot remember some minor details...

One of them is what to do regarding my CPAP.  On Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, we've contacted a particular office at HQ and they've arranged for a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord to be waiting in the cabin (on most of their ships, the only plugs are across the cabin from the nightstand and they don't want you bringing your own extension cord).

But I cannot remember now what we've done on Princess.  Also, is there an electrical outlet near the nightstand in a Majestic Princess balcony cabin?

Thanks.

Go into the cruise personalizer , go into manage my booking, click on check in - 

for you there should be link on the page for Dietary Requests.  Click on that and there is a choice for water for CPAP.  It will generate an email and you will receive a confirmation in a few days of the request.  Once on board, just remind the cabin steward.  They always provide a whole gallon, which has lasted my husband for the whole cruise - we always have left over.  even on a 15 day cruise. 

Have not been on the majestic yet - but with most ships, we did not need a extension cord.  But did need store the machine daily so not to be in the way of the cabin steward 

Good luck

Edited by Denmal
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Denmal said:

Go into the cruise personalizer , go into manage my booking, click on check in - 

for you there should be link on the page for Dietary Requests.  Click on that and there is a choice for water for CPAP.  It will generate an email and you will receive a confirmation in a few days of the request.

Thanks...found it...

Having to use a CPAP machine myself I did not want to have an extension cord going across the cabin floor. I bought an adapter and used the 220 volt plug that's on the wall under the bed, this was on the Royal Princess.  I checked the transformer for the CPAP machine to make sure it could be used with the higher single phase voltage and used this outlet to power the transformer for the duration of the cruise. This kept the floor free of any tripping hazard.  I have added a photo of the outlet under the bed.

Hope this helps!

Be Safe and 

Happy Trails 🥃

IMG_20200210_065822352.thumb.jpg.3396e134397548f21d16232c9389767f.jpg

Edited by BigWaveDave87
  • Like 1

I actually already own one of those adapters that goes from a euro plug to a euro outlet and adds a US outlet...

I had always dealt with situations where they'd bring me that awful thick orange extension cord...and run it from the outlet at the desk across the cabin, along the wall, in front of the glass door to the balcony and to the nightstand for the CPAP...Some of the cabin stewards tried to use duct tape to keep it taped down, but the things always twisted up in odd places causing a tripping hazard.

Then, one cruise, i think it was on Celebrity Millennium,  went searching behind the bed for plugs...and found a euro plug where they had the nightstand lamp plugged in.  I happened to have a Euro/US adapter with me...used that, but went without a lamp the rest of the cruise.  So, when  got home, I bought one of those adapters.

For my upcoming B2Bs on Celebrity Apex, we have a Sky Suite...and, guess what?  Those suites have a US socket on the wall above the nightstand on one side of the bed...so, easy!

But, I must be getting old...I can't remember what I did on the Royal Princess...and THAT was my most recent cruise!!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

Having to use a CPAP machine myself I did not want to have an extension cord going across the cabin floor. I bought an adapter and used the 220 volt plug that's on the wall under the bed, this was on the Royal Princess. 

That is great to know.  I am traveling with a friend who also uses a CPAP, and I really didn't want two extension cords running across the cabin.  I know my machine will work with the 220v plug and adapter from traveling in India and Europe. 

Edited by dreams_of_travel

Here's our set up for a CPAP...using the plug behind the bed. It is a 3 way plug inserted into a wall adapter. Sometimes this plug is hard to find under the bed and we have had the cabin attendant help us

Todays CPAPs can run on european or american current

princess electrical.JPG

Edited by Clampram
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

Having to use a CPAP machine myself I did not want to have an extension cord going across the cabin floor. I bought an adapter and used the 220 volt plug that's on the wall under the bed, this was on the Royal Princess.  I checked the transformer for the CPAP machine to make sure it could be used with the higher single phase voltage and used this outlet to power the transformer for the duration of the cruise. This kept the floor free of any tripping hazard.  I have added a photo of the outlet under the bed.

Hope this helps!

Be Safe and 

Happy Trails 🥃

IMG_20200210_065822352.thumb.jpg.3396e134397548f21d16232c9389767f.jpg

I presume the Sky Princess would be similar. 

On 6/19/2021 at 4:54 AM, Clampram said:

Here's our set up for a CPAP...using the plug behind the bed. It is a 3 way plug inserted into a wall adapter. Sometimes this plug is hard to find under the bed and we have had the cabin attendant help us

Todays CPAPs can run on european or american current

princess electrical.JPG

Do you remember where you found this particular plug? Most I've found are larger and have surge protectors. Thanks!