Seacation Cruise Menus

Waju

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Rack of Lamb would be my choice, but P&O don't seem to offer it anymore, and the last time it was just 2 tiny chops.

The last time I had lamb on P&O was on Oriana and I thought they had forgotten to put it on my plate and found one small slice hiding under a potato. When I asked the waiter if I could have some more he said he would have to ask the Head Waiter to authorise it.

23 hours ago, ann141 said:

Not my birthday or age!! I am often curious as to how people choose their CC names

I joined CC before it was widely used in the UK and we were going on a Celebrity cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego. Most of the pax were American so I thought the name would stand out. There was a big roll call for this cruise and I began to regret the name after the CC Meet & Mingle on board and loads of those we met would shout across the ship "Hey, there's the Britboys" 😂. Sadly of course, there's only one 'boy' left since Tony died in 2012 but I've never got around to re-registering with a new name.

I'm not on a staycation cruise but some of the things I wish they'd bring back are Oriental Ginger Ice Cream, Sweet Fennel Ice Cream and regular Soufflé for dessert. You'd never guess I have a sweet tooth...😂

P.S. - and Priory Crumble biscuits in the cabin!

• Like 2

For the uninitiated, Bananas Foster are baked bananas soaked in rum with spices and served with ice cream. Delicious. Making my mouth water just thinking about it!

and Barnham is indeed a very popular ‘change here for……’ station. Small village but great rail connections. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BarnhamDave said:

For the uninitiated, Bananas Foster are baked bananas soaked in rum with spices and served with ice cream. Delicious. Making my mouth water just thinking about it!

and Barnham is indeed a very popular ‘change here for……’ station. Small village but great rail connections. 

When I was a kid my folks had a holiday caravan. One of the bingo calls was ' 5&9 the Brighton line, change at Barnham for Bognor '.

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My favourite dinner is Sole Veronique and OH always looks forward to ordering lamb shank.

Don't judge me, but the frozen lamb shanks from Aldi are great ! They are cooked sous vide, so you just boil in the bag for 50 minutes. And less than £5 for two.

Sorry for the non cruise content! 

• Host Sharon changed the title to Seacation Cruise Menus