Actually a good deal for Apex thermal spa passes?

tallnthensome

We are booked on the Apex for a week in April 2022. I had $300 on board credit to use from the 4 perk promo when I booked back in January 2020. Looking at my booking I was surprised to see couples passes for the thermal spa for $199 for the week. Is it me or is that actually a good deal because a few months back I could have sworn that $199 was per person for the week? Singles $119.

Screenshot_20210619-150455_Chrome.jpg

Edited by tallnthensome

17 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Is that not a good price though? I thought they were around $199 per person for the week not that long ago? Am I wrong? 

I don't recall prices for 7-day passes, but if I'm not wrong, a Single 1-day pass on our December 2019 Edge cruise was around 50-70$, where as it's now 39$ on this cruise. May be an non-advertised promotion for a limited time. I did see that Celebrity has an offer for our cruise, "buy 3 excursions, get 25% off the cheapest", so they may run other non-advertised promotions as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Is that not a good price though? I thought they were around $199 per person for the week not that long ago? Am I wrong? 

I checked a month or two ago, and the couples pass for a week was $399.  Then a few days ago it dropped to $199 and I decided it was time to use some OBC on it!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

I checked a month or two ago, and the couples pass for a week was $399.  Then a few days ago it dropped to $199 and I decided it was time to use some OBC on it!

Right! That’s what I had and also decided to pull the trigger with some OBC! 

16 minutes ago, Treacher1 said:

When I read this on their website - it said 199 each - which did not make sense to me - as a solo was 119 - 199 for BOTH as a couple would be a good deal.

Right! It was a bit confusing in regard to the wording so I printed out the screen shot above in case they give me grief later and say it was an error some how. 

I have a Sept sailing on The Edge and a seven day spa pass is $219/1 person, $399/2 people, so yes $199 for two people is an excellent price for a spa pass. That's always annoyed me about the Spa on The Edge, the weekly pass is so damn expensive!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I have a Sept sailing on The Edge and a seven day spa pass is $219/1 person, $399/2 people, so yes $199 for two people is an excellent price for a spa pass. That's always annoyed me about the Spa on The Edge, the weekly pass is so damn expensive!

It's weird. Their identical ships only the Apex is newer obviously. Has to be some promo price or something like others have mentioned. 

I see this promotion for my Apex sailing. When I try to purchase it, I can only select one guest and it only shows Fort Lauderdale(first day) times. Has anyone actually bought this ? If so, did you just select one of your party? TIA

6 minutes ago, NBliving said:

I see this promotion for my Apex sailing. When I try to purchase it, I can only select one guest and it only shows Fort Lauderdale(first day) times. Has anyone actually bought this ? If so, did you just select one of your party? TIA

Yes, I did and the same thing.....selected one guest .....Me and just picked the earliest time on embarkation day. 

21 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, I did and the same thing.....selected one guest .....Me and just picked the earliest time on embarkation day. 

OK, so that's why you have the screenshot to show them in case they argue with the couple pricing.  Makes sense to me 🙂

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

I think the Cruise Planner software for the Spa area is geared towards scheduling individual treatments, which is why it's odd for purchasing a spa pass, especially a whole cruise spa pass.  

OK it seems the $199 IS for 2 people - a couple.  However,  scheduling for a 15 minute period does NOT make sense - especially on embarkation day when the spa is usually not open - usually tours on embarkation day.  OR must you pick a time and is that your time each day for the entire cruise?  I think we should just call customer service and ask - however, when I do that I usually get a different answer if I call 2 times.  Sometimes they just are not clear.  Is there a concierge number we can call if we are in a suite?? We might get clarification then.  And before we get an answer, the price could change.  My wife has had 2 back surgeries and the stone thermal chairs always make her back feel better - one of the highlights for her when we cruise - if anyone gets clarification I am sure you will share.  I will try to call tomorrow.  Thank you for anyone helping with this.

Not sure why they have a check in time or why they have the 15 minute note. What can you do in 15 minutes? Every spa pass on every line I’ve ever had you come and go as you please whenever. I would never book if I had to check in the same time every day at the spa with the ever changing personal  schedule on board. 

I just bought the 1-day Single pass for my wife for 39$ + 18% gratuity. I too had to choose a 15-minute slot, but I just chose an interval that would actually suit her, ie. a late-morning slot. I suppose the slot won't really mean anything when onboard, or at the most it would mean the earliest possible admission to the Thermal Suite.

I think you should book it now. Passes are limited and so are  special price that come and go,  The one day pass is a good deal as well.  Perhaps they have available slots / passes due to limited overall reduced ship capacity??

We enjoyed the beautiful spa area on EDGE..we were in AQ so it was  part of our pricing.  We did not use it to the fullest extent..too busy with other activities on board. 

Seems there is a disconnect between the website and the offer.  Perhaps you can locate an 800 number  or e mail address for the Spa management directly. It is jot Canyon Ranch,

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Not sure why they have a check in time or why they have the 15 minute note. What can you do in 15 minutes? Every spa pass on every line I’ve ever had you come and go as you please whenever. I would never book if I had to check in the same time every day at the spa with the ever changing personal  schedule on board. 

If you read my previous post I don't think the check-in times are meant for spa passes,they are meant for individual treatments. You buy a pass,go to the spa desk,get a sticker on your card,and your good to go for the whole cruise. I wouldn't worry about those reservation slots/times.

Oh,at least on the Edge,to access the Thermal suite you'll need a special key card to open the doors to the thermal suite. You get that at the spa desk- they'll ask for your regular room card. The only problem is where do you put this card? At least the 2 times I was on the Edge they didn't put it on one of those stretchy silicone bracelets, which would be easier than carry around a key card that is easy to leave in the steam room or sauna. 

Edited by kwokpot

I called earlier today to verify.  The customer service rep told me the price is billed to ONE person only but covers TWO people - thus the COUPLES PASS.  I questioned about the check in time - she said select anytime for embarkation day.  I said does that mean we must come that same time every day?  She said no - just select a time and you can come anytime you wish during the 7 day cruise.  I also told her it did not make sense for a time on embarkation day as usually the spa is having tours the entire afternoon to entice people to sign up for things.  I guess I will take her at her word and hope we CAN go anytime during the 7 days.  If that is true - that is a good price for a couple for the entire voyage.  Perhaps someone else would like to call to verify if you get the same answer.  Thank you all - and smooth sailing:)_

1 hour ago, Treacher1 said:

I guess I will take her at her word and hope we CAN go anytime during the 7 days.  If that is true - that is a good price for a couple for the entire voyage

Stop stressing about this. The Cruise Planner has ALWAYS listed Spa passes this way and it's NEVER a timed entry. You're worried over NOTHING.

• 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, Saltwaterinmyveins said:

Just spoke to Celebrity.  This $199/couple seems incorrect - even they can't book it!  I've tried for a 7 day cruise in Feb. 2022, and one in April 2022.  Nothing available

You do realize these posts are seven months old?