Celebrity Vaccination Verifiction

AbbyCruiser45

Celebrity told me directly (pre-cruise support) yesterday the EDGE will sail AT LEAST 95% vaccinated on my 7/31 cruise.  Even their HEALTHY AT SEA PROTOCOLS says so on their web site says so.

so, where did this story originate from?

• Like 1

Is it known what according Celebrity’s policy is considered a vaccinated passenger?

I know that the U.S recognizes only Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson&Johnson vaccines.

So, I have no doubt that a person who has received either the single dose Johnson & Johnson or the double dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines will be considered fully vaccinated.

What I am wondering is: 

Are you considered a vaccinated passenger by Celebrity if:

1. You have received two doses of Astra-Zeneca vaccine ( which is approved in Canada)?

2. You have received one dose of Astra-Zeneca and one dose of either Pfizer or Moderna? ( the use of this mix is also approved in Canada)

3. You have received one dose of either approved vaccine and also had Covid! ( Public health in our province, consider these people fully immunized)

4. You have received only one dose of either Pfizer, Moderna or Astra-Zeneca vaccine?

I find this issue complex and I am wondering if it had been discussed before.

Thank-you in advance for your feedback! 

21 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

Is it known what according Celebrity’s policy is considered a vaccinated passenger?

I know that the U.S recognizes only Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson&Johnson vaccines.

So, I have no doubt that a person who has received either the single dose Johnson & Johnson or the double dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines will be considered fully vaccinated.

What I am wondering is: 

1. You have received two doses of Astra-Zeneca vaccine ( which is approved in Canada)?

2. You have received one dose of Astra-Zeneca and one dose of either Pfizer or Moderna? ( the use of this mix is also approved in Canada)

3. You have received one dose of either approved vaccine and also had Covid! ( Public health in our province, consider these people fully immunized)

4. You have received only one dose of either Pfizer, Moderna or Astra-Zeneca vaccine?

It's right there in the FAQ on Celebrity site:

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Celebrity told me directly (pre-cruise support) yesterday the EDGE will sail AT LEAST 95% vaccinated on my 7/31 cruise.  Even their HEALTHY AT SEA PROTOCOLS says so on their web site says so.

so, where did this story originate from?

It gets picked up on the wire and copied from one news agency to another. My guess is USA Today was the initial culprit. After that it was just repeated over and over again. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, johare said:

It's right there in the FAQ on Celebrity site:

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.

Thank-you very much for your response and suggestion regarding visited countries, Very interesting info. Cheers!  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

Is the CDC card sufficient at check in or do you something from your doctor?

Confirmed from Celebrity, you just show your card or vaccination paperwork provided at time of 2nd shot.

22 hours ago, rucrazy said:

fingers crossed 🤞  you are correct... I thought  I read where they would not be asking for proof in FL..

We sail out of Tampa in December and bring more than enough documentation just in case they do ask.. which we hope they will

That is not what the law states, it says it can not be required, not that they can't be checked.  If you choose not to show, you are then put in the unvaccinated pool of 5% passenger capacity and subject to the protocols for that group.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

Celebrity customer service seems incompetent.  They just called my son in law (the emergency contact number) looking for me or my DW.  They are probably inquiring about our vaccinations for our 03 July sailing but they call the emergency contact number.  They have our cell numbers.  I called the number they left and there is an hour's wait time.  This seems crazy.

Good Sailing

Tom

Same happened to us. They called my mom. (Emergency #)

17 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Same happened to us. They called my mom. (Emergency #)

One time on NCL, we were late getting back to the ship.  (actually we were sitting on the pier less than 100 feet away, but had mis-remembered boarding time).  Instead of calling either us (a buddy and myself) on our cellphones, they called the emerency contacts instead.  We were in Key West...so still plenty of cell service.  Thought it was odd that they didn't start with the primary phone numbers first before going to emergency contacts.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, kearney said:

I wonder.... it seems to me..that if you plan on staying unvaccinated... and you want to sail... you should probably contact the company and let them know ... early..that you are not vaccinated. The idea is to see if you can be part of the 5% early enough..not to end up being cancelled later.

I don't think they are pre-approving the 5%. And if they are trying to discourage unvaccinated people there's no reason to. I assume that if you are unvaccinated and would like to re-schedule they would permit you to. It's a much better incentive to say "we are going to hold 5% for non vaccine card showers, but who knows if you will be in it; but if you would like to cancel there will be no penalty".

I was told by Celebrity that those who do not bring proof of vaccinations, will need to have a COVID test 3 days prior to boarding, a Covid test during the cruise & another a few days before leaving the ship.  They will be giving wristbands to identity vas & non fax passengers.  People who haven’t shown proof will need to where masks in common areas unless eating or drinking. 

3 hours ago, colliece said:

That is not what the law states, it says it can not be required, not that they can't be checked.  If you choose not to show, you are then put in the unvaccinated pool of 5% passenger capacity and subject to the protocols for that group.

The precise text from Senate Bill (SB) 2006 which was signed into law is as follows:

381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation—
A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.

Seems to me that the final sentence could give cruise lines some "wiggle room" to institute the sort of conditions (e.g. masks, separate seating, etc) that are deemed necessary to preserve the health and well-being of passengers...and the cruise line.  Others may read that differently...

Celebrity puts this right on their WEB site.  They make their requirements crystal clear…including how they view anyone trying to use a fake/counterfeit/forged COVID Vaccine proof.

Vaccines

We will sail with a vaccinated crew and at least 95% fully vaccinated guests. All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.  As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. All UK guests sailing on Celebrity Silhouette 18 years and older must be fully vaccinated.

NOTICE: Proof of vaccination will be recorded and may be reviewed for signs of fraud. Unauthorized use of an official government agency seal such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seal is a federal crime, and will be reported to the relevant government authorities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluewake said:

The precise text from Senate Bill (SB) 2006 which was signed into law is as follows:

381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation—
A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state. This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting screening protocols consistent with authoritative or controlling government-issued guidance to protect public health.

Seems to me that the final sentence could give cruise lines some "wiggle room" to institute the sort of conditions (e.g. masks, separate seating, etc) that are deemed necessary to preserve the health and well-being of passengers...and the cruise line.  Others may read that differently...

Another consideration is that the cruise lines are not requiring it in order to provide service. Showing proof is voluntary to avoid more stringent protocols. As far as being denied because of the 95/5 percent rule, it is based on space available. I think that is required by CDC.

Just seen it on our news in Canada that Celebrity will be allowing non vaccinated individuals as per the Governors statement however those unvaccinated will have to wear masks and any covid tests required they will have to pay and also will have designated areas that they can and cannot go to.

Also for shore excursions will be denied if the island requires full vaccinations.

15 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

What I am wondering is: 

When sailing from the US the cruise lines appear to be accepting those vaccines approved by either the FDA or WHO.  

If it has been approved by WHO then the answer would be yes. So one is clearly yes.  

3 and 4 I would expect to be No.  4 because it does not meet the requirements of fully vaccinated under any of the approved labels for those vaccines.  As far as 3, while the province might consider it fully vaccinated I cannot find any place where the WHO or FDA accepts that definition of fully vaccinated.  The product labels do not include that option.  Also as far as the cruise line goes how would that be documented.

Number 2 is also iffy.  You would really need to contact the cruise lines medical department to find out that answer.  Again while some areas might accept it and there is some studies that indicates that it works, I have not found anything from either the WHO or FDA that considers it to be an approved approach.

• Haha 1

My husband and I are looking forward to cruising again but we certainly do not want to cruise with unvaccinated passengers. We got off a Celebrity cruise just a week before the images of that Princess cruise with passengers confined to their staterooms for weeks hit the airwaves. (While still aboard, were hearing snippets of conversations about a respiratory going around and noticed a big uptick in sanitation.) What a nightmare!

Cruise ships are a microcosm of society and this shows how our personal actions can profoundly impact those around us. We are very happy to be reading here that most fellow cruises share that opinion. It makes us feel much better about the prospect of cruising again. If fact, it’s starting to look like cruising may actually be safer than just general travel as there will be some control over the people we encounter.  Makes me feel confident about actually booking a cruise! I think I’ll get right on that……

3 hours ago, nocl said:

Number 2 is also iffy.  You would really need to contact the cruise lines medical department to find out that answer.  Again while some areas might accept it and there is some studies that indicates that it works, I have not found anything from either the WHO or FDA that considers it to be an approved approach

Thank-you very much for your reply which is very instructive. I really appreciate it since I am in that situation. 

So if the requirement is the same prior to final payment on our next cruise, I would definitely want to make sure I would not be facing any unpleasant surprises during the cruise. How would you suggest to proceed to contact Celebrity’s Medical Department?