Guy's Fries/Ingredients

jejaxi

Does anyone know what's in the seasoning on the fries at Guy's Burger Joint? I've been scouring the internet for hours and can't come up with anything about ingredients or anything. Husband can't eat wheat, but we're hoping the fries will be just fine (a lot of places end up having flour in the seasoning blend).

Also, does Guy's have gluten-free buns available? 

I don’t remember them having the gluten free buns at guys , but it has been a few years since I have had it. I didn’t have any problems with the fries (dedicated fryer and when asked they said it was gluten free) but my problem w gluten is sensitivity not celiac. If he is celiac I would ask on the ship to speak to a chef to confirm

• Like 2

Just now, kwbrad said:

I don’t remember them having the gluten free buns at guys , but it has been a few years since I have had it. I didn’t have any problems with the fries (dedicated fryer and when asked they said it was gluten free) but my problem w gluten is sensitivity not celiac. If he is celiac I would ask on the ship to speak to a chef to confirm

That is a good suggestion. I was about to do the same. 

• Like 1

You can get a GF bun at Guy’s.  You only need to ask!  My experience was, that they go to the back kitchen, & the Chef will make you a single (although I’m sure could have more made if you need more that 1).  There was a 20 ish min wait for the bun, but YES, it’s possible.

I found that it was fine, but eventually I got tired of waiting while my DH was already eating, so now I order with NO bun (they can lettuce wrap if u like)….I’ve gotten used to eating my burgers with a fork & knife everywhere I go.

• Like 1

I've never heard of wheat in a cajun fry blend, but don't quote me on that.

The next closest to these would be Five Guy's. Here is their ingredient list: Potatoes, Refined Peanut Oil, Salt, Cajun Seasoning: Blend of Garlic, Salt, Onion, Paprika, Oregano, White Pepper, Red Pepper, Spice.

Fresh cut, peanut oil, cajun fries are too good.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your help, everyone! I'll pass the info onto him. We were planning on talking to the chef when we got on board to be sure, but it's great to hear some real-life experiences.