Medallion

hansi

I have downloaded the app on my tablet but it's a bit heavy to carry round the ship so I tried to install it on my Android phone but it says it can't install it, yet my wife who has an identical phone with the same Android version downloaded it successfully. Can anyone help please?

Although this doesn't appear to be the OP's situation, if there is an older version of the MC app on the device, it's been advised here to un-install the old version, restart the device (power off and back on) and try the install. That's all I got except what's been mentioned: make sure your phone is current on updates; also, the app back end seems to be getting constant updates so just try it again in a day or two. 🙁

• Like 1

If on Android you may also want to try this: Go to Settings and select Apps. Locate the MC app.  Select the app then select Storage. From there you can click on Clear Cache to clear the cached info for the app. That "may" help clear up some issues.

20 hours ago, hansi said:

Can anyone help please?

• United States (toll free): 1-844-525-0942
  • United Kingdom: 0344 3388 663
  • Australia (toll free): 13 24 88
  • New Zealand (toll free): 0800 780 717
  • Australia and New Zealand guests (calling internationally): +61 2 8362 4400
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 2:24 AM, hansi said:

Thanks. Managed to install it now.

Great news!  We need more folks reporting success after following some of the CC posts here.

• Like 2

I have latest version of app installed yesterday.  Can only sign in with my Booking #.  When I do this my wife's data does not show up.  If I log out and then in with her creds. when I select "documents" I get a "compass currently unavailable" notice.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 hours ago, louden said:

I have latest version of app installed yesterday.  Can only sign in with my Booking #.  When I do this my wife's data does not show up.  If I log out and then in with her creds. when I select "documents" I get a "compass currently unavailable" notice.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you actually tried using the Sign Up option?  When you start the app there is Log In, Sign Up, and Quick Access (with booking number).  If you are unable to sign in with your Princess credentials and haven't used the Sign Up option try that. I "cleverly" missed that option over and over when trying to get access for my wife.

1 hour ago, louden said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried this and I get "email already taken".

1. Call Princess to clear it out. That's the best option.

2. If that doesn't work, if you are using a gmail account, try this:

• Use a task-specific email address by adding "+princess" or whatever after your email name and before the "@gmail.com" For instance yourexisitngaddress+princess@gmail.com. It looks different, but only goes to your regular gmail account inbox. 
  • Try sending an email to yourself at yourexisitngaddress+princess@gmail.com to test. Another good thing about this is that you will know if any spam is coming from Princess.
  • You can create an almost infinite number of these email addresses, but hard to manage all of them after a while.
Edited by CruiseMrB