Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

17 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Ugh!  I even logged out of the app and then came back in and it still does not recognize my name.  One step forward, two backwards.

6 minutes ago, Tinkerbell said:

That’s exactly how I feel I can’t find anywhere to correct it with my name!

Stay calm, this is a minor glitch. Since the important content is still there you are OK!

On 9/26/2022 at 4:42 AM, PacnGoNow said:

I’d retry again this week.  This weekend the website and App were really glitchy. Weekends are a little strange. Sign out and back in the App. 
You’ve got plenty of time, ask APP team to look at it.  Anyone else on your roll call having this issue?

I sent an email to the Ocean Medallion folks and got this back: 

image.png.abd201d34832a0f912b9b4273872403e.png

I'm not sure if it's an issue because this is the first sailing out of Galveston (it's also concerning that I can't even find us listed on Port of Galveston cruise schedule) or if it is yet another glitch, but it really is just one frustration after another with this app.

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Mine just updated.  However, when I open it up, it says "Good evening.  First Name Only."  It does not mention my name.  Does your update mention your first name?

Mine is more formal 😄. It now reads "Good evening, Title & Last Name!".

It is also now called Princess instead of MedallionClass.  The good news is I could finally choose an arrival group. Weird news is that both of my booked cruises are there but have the same countdown clock.

Edited by donswife

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I sent an email to the Ocean Medallion folks and got this back: 

image.png.abd201d34832a0f912b9b4273872403e.png

I'm not sure if it's an issue because this is the first sailing out of Galveston (it's also concerning that I can't even find us listed on Port of Galveston cruise schedule) or if it is yet another glitch, but it really is just one frustration after another with this app.

This was in reference to ordering the OM?  Has anyone else on your roll call tried? Would be good to know if it’s just yours. 

I would call on Monday, the Medallion App team and ask them to check it.

IDK how up to date the Port keeps the cruise schedule page online, as these were from 2021-22.  They may not

update them very often.  However, with a little research, you can make a parking reservation at the port for the Ruby Princess.  That’s updated. Lol

I did check several cruise schedule sources and it is listed as Dec 18 Ruby

out of Galveston.  So, you’re okay there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, donswife said:

Mine is more formal 😄. It now reads "Good evening, Title & Last Name!".

It is also now called Princess instead of MedallionClass.  The good news is I could finally choose an arrival group. Weird news is that both of my booked cruises are there but have the same countdown clock.

I guess the greeting is tied into a clock because it now says "Good morning" instead of "Good evening."  Now, if it could just get the name right I would be happy.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

This was in reference to ordering the OM?  Has anyone else on your roll call tried? Would be good to know if it’s just yours. 

I would call on Monday, the Medallion App team and ask them to check it.

IDK how up to date the Port keeps the cruise schedule page online, as these were from 2021-22.  They may not

update them very often.  However, with a little research, you can make a parking reservation at the port for the Ruby Princess.  That’s updated. Lol

I did check several cruise schedule sources and it is listed as Dec 18 Ruby

out of Galveston.  So, you’re okay there.

The rest of my rollcall are from the US, which doesn't seem to be an issue as you can enter n address to have the medallion shipped. You can't do that if you are in Canada, so have to mark it as pick up at port, but that option isn't available. I wonder if I can just put in the address for Port of Galveston? Someone suggested having it shipped to our hotel, but that makes me a little nervous. I still have time, but I like to get these things done and off my plate!

23 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The rest of my rollcall are from the US, which doesn't seem to be an issue as you can enter n address to have the medallion shipped. You can't do that if you are in Canada, so have to mark it as pick up at port, but that option isn't available. I wonder if I can just put in the address for Port of Galveston? Someone suggested having it shipped to our hotel, but that makes me a little nervous. I still have time, but I like to get these things done and off my plate!

I understand.  It should let you pick the pickup at port option.

Where are you entering your address?  I would hate to have you change it on the App. in the personal information. That might create a whole lot of trouble.

I would call PCL first thing on Monday. 0600 PT. See if a PCL rep can select pick up at port for you.  If not transfer to the Medallion App team to have them do it, instead of an email. 

Sometimes they don’t get back to you on an email request for weeks.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Did your appl. update on its own or do you go in and make the changes. In the past I would check for updates and do it. Afraid to now based on some of the problems listed here. Next cruise in November has us in green lane so don't want to touch anything. We are still showing as Blue instead of our Elite status. I gave up on that one a long time ago. As long as when I ordered Medallion, it shows as elite

on the order and Princess has it correct, am forgetting about it. Of course can't order internet in advance with the discount.Right now our cruises all have the plus package anyway.

40 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Did your appl. update on its own or do you go in and make the changes. In the past I would check for updates and do it. Afraid to now based on some of the problems listed here. Next cruise in November has us in green lane so don't want to touch anything. We are still showing as Blue instead of our Elite status. I gave up on that one a long time ago. As long as when I ordered Medallion, it shows as elite

on the order and Princess has it correct, am forgetting about it. Of course can't order internet in advance with the discount.Right now our cruises all have the plus package anyway.

Sign out and back in the App, you may see the new version.  It was updated yesterday on a Saturday.  It says Princess now and addresses you by first name.

Here’s what it says was included in the App.

What's
New
Version History
Version 4.5
1d ago
We've improved the look and feel
of the Princess MedallionClass!
Included in this update you'll find
simplified app navigation, a quick
and easy sign up process, and
improvements to Dine My Way
along.

unquote

My iphone automatically updates and if it didn’t, I would update it, to keep up with whatever changes they may implement.

It should also work more smoothly?  Hopefully.

I noticed the left side bar is now on the bottom.  And the load circle goes faster in a circle.  😮

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I guess the greeting is tied into a clock because it now says "Good morning" instead of "Good evening."  Now, if it could just get the name right I would be happy.

Sign out of the website and the App. Then, sign back in the App.  

I also signed out then in and it didn't update. So then I updated the appl. and the new version opened up.Gone is the blurry ship.

All my information is in there. The greeting with Good morning, doesn't have my name.

Still has me as blue card not Elite but as I said previous, gave up on this as long as Princess has it correct and my Medallions were ordered correctly.

1 minute ago, Italy52 said:

No, I have the new version.

Okay. That’s good. You’re just trying to get the the first name correct?

Is everything else correct on the website?

How about your personal information on the Princess App?  Your name is correct on that?

2 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I also signed out then in and it didn't update. So then I updated the appl. and the new version opened up.Gone is the blurry ship.

All my information is in there. The greeting with Good morning, doesn't have my name.

Still has me as blue card not Elite but as I said previous, gave up on this as long as Princess has it correct and my Medallions were ordered correctly.

Okay at least you have the correct version now, called Princess.

As long as your personal information is correct and on the website, then I’d be happy.  

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Okay. That’s good. You’re just trying to get the the first name correct?

Is everything else correct on the website?

How about your personal information on the Princess App?  Your name is correct on that?

Everything is fine just can't get it to recognize my first name.

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Everything is fine just can't get it to recognize my first name.

Then I wouldn’t worry about it.  Strange isn’t it?  They fix one thing, then another issue pops up.

So, what comes up?

Just Hello? Good evening?  

It is the middle of the day now, I get good evening! 😆  But, they do know my name.

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Then I wouldn’t worry about it.  Strange isn’t it?  They fix one thing, then another issue pops up.

So, what comes up?

Just Hello? Good evening?  

It is the middle of the day now, I get good evening! 😆  But, they do know my name.

Here is what I got last night when I first posted:  "Good evening.  First Name Only." This morning, I got  "Good morning" still without any name.  Had high hopes with this update as the speed and items were all accounted for --- I am so done with this thing.  My Royal Caribbean app has given me no problems -- just my Princess app.

4 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Here is what I got last night when I first posted:  "Good evening.  First Name Only." This morning, I got  "Good morning" still without any name.  Had high hopes with this update as the speed and items were all accounted for --- I am so done with this thing.  My Royal Caribbean app has given me no problems -- just my Princess app.

I encountered this problem after the new release, and I was puzzled because my wife's account addressed her by name.

Here's what fixed it for me:

I discovered that in her personal information, she had a name in the "preferred name" field,  and for me the field was blank.  As soon as I entered a preferred name, it corrected and now addresses me by name.

If you don't have the preferred name field populated, you could try that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cruisindad said:

I encountered this problem after the new release, and I was puzzled because my wife's account addressed her by name.

I discovered that in her personal information, she had a name in the "preferred name" field,  and for me the field was blank.  As soon as I entered a preferred name, it corrected and now addresses me by name.

Thanks a million! Went into my personal information and indeed my "preferred name" field was blank.  I entered my name but it still wouldn't let me save it until I provided the email address for my emergency contact (all the other information was there, just not email address).  So now, my app is personalized.

1 hour ago, Cruisindad said:

I tried that and it worked.  I will say it is quite fussy about how info is entered.