Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

14 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I understand that, but what does your app show? Does it show something different like mine does?

When I go to packages on the app for my cruise on March 17 I get a message to check the “Cruise Personalizer”. So I have screen shot from there just like I always keep pictures of the travel summary 

No details.  Just boilerplate in the App.

In the on-line cruise personalizer the above is displayed when I ‘try’ to upgrade to a package.  The result is that the system recognizes our plus package at the current price and contents by noting the exceptions of the ‘new’ items and the only upgrade available is to the premier package.

I truly think that there would have been an incredible uproar here on CC if the drink allowance had not changed to $15 per drink.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would not believe anything on the app as it updates constantly 

Second that.  We all know the App sucks, so I wouldn't trust anything there over official word and policy which is the limit is $15 period.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I understand that, but what does your app show? Does it show something different like mine does?

Why do you think the Princess App is the definitive source?  I know it ought to be and ought to be correct and in synch with Princess.com, but surely you know how many issues we have all had with this *&^&%$%% App since Day 1 (June 7, 2021 in case folks forget).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FYI.  I just checked DH and me in for our Azamara cruise in April.  It took all of 5 minutes, which included time spent searching for our passport details.

I logged straight in, entered details for both and had our boarding passes immediately.

Princess, take note, it can be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Why do you think the Princess App is the definitive source?  I know it ought to be and ought to be correct and in synch with Princess.com, but surely you know how many issues we have all had with this *&^&%$%% App since Day 1 (June 7, 2021 in case folks forget).

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking.  I shouldn’t expect it to be correct.  I’m super impressed that you can remember that date.  I can’t remember what time I ate lunch.  

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

21 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking.  I shouldn’t expect it to be correct.  I’m super impressed that you can remember that date.  I can’t remember what time I ate lunch.  

A day in Princess infamy.

• Haha 1

I just had an interesting chat with the Medallion Class Support Team on 1300551853, I called from Australia. Option 2 takes you to the right people. The team member's voice sounded like coming from inside a coke can and was difficult to understand at first but improved as the call continued. I was asking about continually being bounced between green and blue lanes in ocean ready. 

My Ocean Ready was indeed complete and I was informed it must be a "glitch" on their end. 

My request has been referred to a " higher level" but I was to rest assured all would be fixed !

We will see. Cheers, Buzz.

All I can say is.......be sure you get it in writing.  Perhaps the app will be fixed and debugged before you cruise.  We were unfortunately on the week they were transitioning.  In the packet I have it shows symbols for the old packages and the new and whichever pops up on their scanner will be the one they use for your pricing. We checked our account everyday to see if we were charged correctly.  The Ruby DID NOT have drink prices listed anywhere but they found an old card with old prices with a few drinks on it.  

We were green now showing as blue. When we try to get into app the Personal information & documents is no longer ticked. When we try to get into that to see what is missing we get the message "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service. Try again later" Have been trying for several days and it doesnt change. Have reloaded app and tried on multiple phones and the web version and all the same. If we try to get into the Wellness check section it just goes through to a white screen and sits there. The booking is for an enhanced cruise (whether that makes any difference or not). Tried the online chat and was given a phone number to call, but after waiting on hold several times  and not getting through to talk to anybody. Almost giving up the will to live. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Sparkypn said:

We were green now showing as blue. When we try to get into app the Personal information & documents is no longer ticked. When we try to get into that to see what is missing we get the message "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service. Try again later" Have been trying for several days and it doesnt change. Have reloaded app and tried on multiple phones and the web version and all the same. If we try to get into the Wellness check section it just goes through to a white screen and sits there. The booking is for an enhanced cruise (whether that makes any difference or not). Tried the online chat and was given a phone number to call, but after waiting on hold several times  and not getting through to talk to anybody. Almost giving up the will to live. Any suggestions?

It’s a glitch.  I had the same problem and it corrected itself after about 3 days.  Did you install the app update?  

On 3/7/2023 at 7:21 PM, memoak said:

Which ship have you seen personally making a $12 cap on plus drinks ?  This seems like an urban legend to me. If you as which vodkas fit in the plus package they have lists ?  Also  there had been a posting on boards showing wine lists that show what wines fit in which plan and there is no mention of dollar limits. Please give us your proof of this with ship, bar etc so I can contact the ship

It will show up on your account only.  They won't tell you when you order!

1 hour ago, blyle said:

It will show up on your account only.  They won't tell you when you order!

I ordered this long ago and I look in my cruise personalizer it states that if I want the items marked “New” which are desserts fitness classes and juice bar I need to upgrade but the package shows $15 for drinks

5 hours ago, memoak said:

I ordered this long ago and I look in my cruise personalizer it states that if I want the items marked “New” which are desserts fitness classes and juice bar I need to upgrade but the package shows $15 for drinks

Mine too ( May 2023 Alaska cruise)

9 hours ago, memoak said:

3 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Mine too ( May 2023 Alaska cruise)

That is what PCL HQ has said will be the case.

• Like 1