Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I hope someone can be of help.  I have not been able to access the cruise personalizer on the medallion app (or through the website's  web version of the app.) since I completed the check in.  I just get an error message and no one at the Princess help line has been of help.  There is no QR code or travel summary showing up on my app, so I'm worried about being able to board.  We leave in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathjr said:

I hope someone can be of help.  I have not been able to access the Cruise Personalizer on the medallion app (or through the website's  web version of the app.) since I completed the check in.  I just get an error message and no one at the Princess help line has been of help.  There is no QR code or travel summary showing up on my app, so I'm worried about being able to board.  We leave in a couple of weeks. 

This ought to have been posted in the master sticky at the top of page 1.  I have suggested CC do so.

As mentioned above, it is difficult to both assess your issue and provide ideas without more information as to steps you were taking and the error message.

Obviously, you have been in the App before since you mentioned completing the check-in steps.

The Boarding Pass screen with QR appears about 11 days from departure now.  It will have your name, the ship, the date, and your lane color for check-in. 

You can stop worrying about being able to board.  Login to Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com.  Your booking will be there.  Go into it and download the Travel Summary PDF to your phone or print it out.  All you really need is your passport, but the TS will give you details about what cabin you have and perks that were included in your booking. 

As for accessing the App on phone or web version, have you tried using NAME, BIRTHDATE, BOOKING NUMBER option?  What do you need the App for right now?  Did you make dining reservations using DMW?

ETA:  Just read your post again and you say you are not getting into Cruise Personalizer.  This is bad news - that should work all the time.  Are you using Login ID (email address I presume) and Pswd?  Or the other method I mentioned?  Try using spouse/partner login and see if that works.  I am wondering if your BD got compromised somehow.  Did you book self online, or use a Princess CVP, or an outside TA?

PS - Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

We tried both ways, using the booking number option as well. When we first downloaded the app we were able to complete the check in, arrange dining, etc.  A couple of months ago, the app stopped letting us into the cruise personalizer.  We also get the error message when using our computer with the web version of the app.

Thanks to all of you for your help and reassurance

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kathjr said:

This request cannot be served at this time. Reference Id:18.daf8da17.1697914559.27271261

For immediate assistance:

North America: 1-800-774-6237

United Kingdom: 0344 338 8663

Australia: 1300 551 853

New Zealand: 0800 780 717

Hong Kong: (852) 2952-8088

Singapore: 65 69226788

That is unusual. 

You could write AskOceaMedallion@carnival.com and include the error message above and explain history.  I believe A360ad7@carnival.com goes to the same place.

Another option is to call into Princess and listen to phone options and select the one for help getting Ocean Ready.  Tell them the history and the error message.  Get them to check the BD field.  If you booked with an Agent, call them and they can pull up the booking in POLAR.  Get them to check BD and Name spelling. 

I suspect a data corruption issue.  Did you ever re-fare since your last good access?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kathjr said:

We tried both ways, using the booking number option as well. When we first downloaded the app we were able to complete the check in, arrange dining, etc.  A couple of months ago, the app stopped letting us into the cruise personalizer.  We also get the error message when using our computer with the web version of the app.

Thanks to all of you for your help and reassurance

Are you BOTH blocked from login?  The App doesn't access the Cruise Personalizer.   That one is at Princess.com.  Can either of you login to Princess.com with Userid/Pswd or Name/BD/Booking Nbr?

You should each have unique logins and might work as long as one record is still good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kathjr said:

We can both log in fine but cannot access the cruise personalizer from Princess.com either

Okay, so you are logged into Princess.com.  What happens when you click on "Booked Guests" near the top of home page and then click on "Access Cruise Personalizer"?  I get to the page, but of course it tells me I have no bookings associated with my account (true).  Below that is the direct login to a single booking using Name, BD, Booking Number. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay, so you are logged into Princess.com.  What happens when you click on "Booked Guests" near the top of home page and then click on "Access Cruise Personalizer"?  I get to the page, but of course it tells me I have no bookings associated with my account (true).  Below that is the direct login to a single booking using Name, BD, Booking Number. 

I get the error message

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

This ought to have been posted in the master sticky at the top of page 1.  I have suggested CC do so.

As mentioned above, it is difficult to both assess your issue and provide ideas without more information as to steps you were taking and the error message.

Obviously, you have been in the App before since you mentioned completing the check-in steps.

The Boarding Pass screen with QR appears about 11 days from departure now.  It will have your name, the ship, the date, and your lane color for check-in. 

You can stop worrying about being able to board.  Login to Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com.  Your booking will be there.  Go into it and download the Travel Summary PDF to your phone or print it out.  All you really need is your passport, but the TS will give you details about what cabin you have and perks that were included in your booking. 

As for accessing the App on phone or web version, have you tried using NAME, BIRTHDATE, BOOKING NUMBER option?  What do you need the App for right now?  Did you make dining reservations using DMW?

ETA:  Just read your post again and you say you are not getting into Cruise Personalizer.  This is bad news - that should work all the time.  Are you using Login ID (email address I presume) and Pswd?  Or the other method I mentioned?  Try using spouse/partner login and see if that works.  I am wondering if your BD got compromised somehow.  Did you book self online, or use a Princess CVP, or an outside TA?

PS - Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Not everyone is computer or cell savvy. 

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The App doesn't access the Cruise Personalizer.   That one is at Princess.com.  

Just for your info and not trying to derail the thread, but you can access the Personaliser from the App. I found it by error really, but in the App if you select Payment Methods and  Packages, you then get a link to click which says Visit Cruise Personalizer. That opens up the Personalizer just as it does when you access via the Web. Just FYI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Just for your info and not trying to derail the thread, but you can access the Personaliser from the App. I found it by error really, but in the App if you select Payment Methods and  Packages, you then get a link to click which says Visit Cruise Personalizer. That opens up the Personalizer just as it does when you access via the Web. Just FYI.

Yes, it does link to the Princess.com website - I recall that now.  But don't you have to login again?  It's just a quicker navigation, no?  Not a derail at all, BTW - always best to clarify/correct information.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, it does link to the Princess.com website - I recall that now.  But don't you have to login again?  It's just a quicker navigation, no?  Not a derail at all, BTW - always best to clarify/correct information.

Just checked - you don't have to log in again and it takes you straight to the Personalizer first page with the usual tabs (Check in, Excursions etc). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:31 PM, Kathjr said:

I hope someone can be of help.  I have not been able to access the cruise personalizer on the medallion app (or through the website's  web version of the app.) since I completed the check in.  I just get an error message and no one at the Princess help line has been of help.  There is no QR code or travel summary showing up on my app, so I'm worried about being able to board.  We leave in a couple of weeks. 

I had that happen, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it began working again.   Hope that helps.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 5:42 PM, Steelers36 said:

Try clearing browser cache.  Try another browser.  Do you use Chrome...it should be good?  Try another PC if you have one.

Very weird for you.  Sorry.  

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

• Like 1

Hi, we live in UK and have just booked Sky Princess for March 2024 sailing from Southampton.

I’ve completed all the information needed for myself and my husband on the Medallion app. I tried to complete my medallion order but when it gets to home address for shipment it says only USA and Mexico. It’s says for Southampton I have to collect at port.

Is this because it’s too early to request pre cruise shipment or does Princess never ship medallions to home addresses in the UK ?

Thanks for any help or advice. Sarah