Angled Balconies on Escape?

Robkat

I just did a search and couldn't find any specific info, so thought I'd ask the experts!

We've rebooked ( yet) another cancelled cruise, and our agent couldn't get the cabin we had originally booked.  He put us into an angled balcony cabin.  (Cabin 12854 is the exact cabin we're asking about.)

i have a very foggy memory of someone (either a NCL rep or someone here on CC)  saying "something" about there being a slight problem with the angled balconies.  Or, they may have said something like "if you're going to book an angled balcony, be aware of XXX".

Sorry that I'm sounding so vague, but it's a distant memory and before we commit to the angled balcony, I want to make sure we're not forgetting something important!

if anyone has any info, we would appreciate very much hearing it.

Thanks in advance!

To me that looks like a great room! The angled balcony means you get a little more balcony space. Not a huge amount but with a small balcony every little bit counts. 😉 It looks like the balcony angle faces toward the back of the ship, so the wind shouldn't be an issue either. I haven't seen the actual room, but it looks like one I would try to book. Here's a link to a comment by someone that liked the room: 

6 minutes ago, SSFun said:

To me that looks like a great room! The angled balcony means you get a little more balcony space. Not a huge amount but with a small balcony every little bit counts. 😉 It looks like the balcony angle faces toward the back of the ship, so the wind shouldn't be an issue either. I haven't seen the actual room, but it looks like one I would try to book. Here's a link to a comment by someone that liked the room: 

SSF:  Thanks for posting this link!  

I can't for the life of me remember what I'd heard that made me think there could be a problem, but it seems (and the link confirms it) that we should be good! 👍  TU again... appreciate it.

TNTS:  Thanks also for your comments.

• Like 1

I always book angled balconies on the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus class ships. They are 1/2 again as big as a normal balcony and you can have your room steward bring you a lounge chair on the first day. The one you got is a really good one. It's angled toward the back of the ship, so not as much wind and it's near the aft elevators so it's a quick ride to up to the buffet or down to the MDRs.

JL:  Thanks for the comments.  I know that you're an NCL fan, so it's nice to hear the opinion ... makes us feel good about the cabin selection.

We see that you're on the July 25 X Equinox ... that's our first cruise back: a 12-nighter in November on that ship.  So, hope you'll do a review after you've been on.  Less than a month away for you!!!!

2 minutes ago, Robkat said:

JL:  Thanks for the comments.  I know that you're an NCL fan, so it's nice to hear the opinion ... makes us feel good about the cabin selection.

We see that you're on the July 25 X Equinox ... that's our first cruise back: a 12-nighter in November on that ship.  So, hope you'll do a review after you've been on.  Less than a month away for you!!!!

Will definitely review as it will be my first Celebrity cruise and my first solo cruise. Will want to report back on all the differences!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Will definitely review as it will be my first Celebrity cruise and my first solo cruise. Will want to report back on all the differences!

Hope you enjoy it ... we think Celebrity is terrific!  

We'll look forward to reading all about it!

MNYC & WB:  Thanks for posting these photos!  They are terrific!  

With all the helpful and good reports here, we're not sure why we originally thought that there was some problem or issue with these balconies, but we've certainly been schooled on the topic!  

And now, we're looking forward to our angled balcony!

Thanks all for the great comments and photos ... they've been very helpful and are appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I was just assigned Cabin 9300 on the Escape and was concerned when I saw it was an angled balcony.  Does the larger balcony mean a smaller cabin?

No, it is the same size room with a larger balcony. Congratulations!