No more free internet for platinum & elite

11 minutes ago, logan25 said:
38 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Thanks for the price update.  We don't need performance as we don't stream.  The rebate brings it down to $7.50/day once onboard.  I guess our glass is half full.

You should have the option to add internet package through app prior to sailing, at the discounted rate.  That is true for our cruise yet to sail in September

Or you can book the 1st day at the discounted rate using OBC

3 hours ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

We are Elite, Can I buy the $7.50 per day  for me and one for my wife?

You can, but if you do that you may as well buy the 4 device option. If you are generally always together then you can buy the single device and tether

• Like 1

I likely will stop using Internet on board (like in days of old before Internet) and just use my phone plan offers while ashore. I have Internet on our upcoming cruise because we bought Princess Plus upgrade. Future cruises will be sans shipboard Internet. Sigh…

2 hours ago, 7SeasLover said:

I likely will stop using Internet on board (like in days of old before Internet) and just use my phone plan offers while ashore. I have Internet on our upcoming cruise because we bought Princess Plus upgrade. Future cruises will be sans shipboard Internet. Sigh…

I'll bet there are a lot of folks who will be doing likewise.

On 2/9/2023 at 4:52 PM, antsp said:

You can, but if you do that you may as well buy the 4 device option. If you are generally always together then you can buy the single device and tether

Not after the price increase. Now with 50% discount the 4 device is $20 per day, compared with $15 for 2 single plans

5 hours ago, ldtr said:

Not after the price increase. Now with 50% discount the 4 device is $20 per day, compared with $15 for 2 single plans

Internet on Princess is slower than molasses. I doubt that it will get better after the price increase. We’ve been on two cruises since thanksgiving and it was so slow it it was practically useless. 
I observed the bar tenders asking for the room number and writing it down along with the type of drink I ordered almost every time. I asked twice why they were writing it down instead of using the medallion. The answer both times was that the WFi was TOO slow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torquato said:

Internet on Princess is slower than molasses.

That isn't my experience. I've been on two Princess cruises since the end of October 2022 and the Internet was quite fast. I didn't experience any lag in streaming live events, my benchmark for speed.

18 hours ago, Torquato said:

Internet on Princess is slower than molasses. I doubt that it will get better after the price increase. We’ve been on two cruises since thanksgiving and it was so slow it it was practically useless. 
I observed the bar tenders asking for the room number and writing it down along with the type of drink I ordered almost every time. I asked twice why they were writing it down instead of using the medallion. The answer both times was that the WFi was TOO slow.

Almost all the bar tenders  wright down the room numbers unless it's not a busy time. Using the medallion to make each individual purchase takes time for them to log in each order and much faster to keep track on paper tickets enter all the purchases during a slow period.

It doesn't involve using the internet for purchases but yes the internet is slow on almost all the princess ships as they're sailing at almost filled capacity lately. 

14 hours ago, scottca075 said:

That isn't my experience. I've been on two Princess cruises since the end of October 2022 and the Internet was quite fast. I didn't experience any lag in streaming live events, my benchmark for speed.

We've sailed in March 2022 and it was at best decent with a 2/3 capacity. Going forward to Dec 2022  and the same ship was filled. The speed was lousy unless you were in the internet at 4 AM. Even Zoom calls were disconnecting in the afternoon on a sea day

Unless they get Starlink installed, I wouldn't expect any improvement going forward. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, 7SeasLover said:

Does anyone have their Princess Medallions yet? Three of us fly out on March 5th and that's just 2 weeks away - still no medallions!

I would ask in your Roll Call, this topic is quite different.

I will say we got our Medallions right at about the 10 business day (two week) mark.

But whether or not you get it pre-cruise, having the Medallion didn't sped up or slow down our checking in, especially with the Elite/Suite line.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:36 AM, MissP22 said:

Almost all the bar tenders  wright down the room numbers unless it's not a busy time. Using the medallion to make each individual purchase takes time for them to log in each order and much faster to keep track on paper tickets enter all the purchases during a slow period.

It doesn't involve using the internet for purchases but yes the internet is slow on almost all the princess ships as they're sailing at almost filled capacity lately. 

We've sailed in March 2022 and it was at best decent with a 2/3 capacity. Going forward to Dec 2022  and the same ship was filled. The speed was lousy unless you were in the internet at 4 AM. Even Zoom calls were disconnecting in the afternoon on a sea day

Unless they get Starlink installed, I wouldn't expect any improvement going forward. 

Had poor performance on the Ruby going to Alaska, had reasonable performance on the Crown to Hawaii and good performance on the Discovery to Mexico.  Poor around 50kps, fair being 500kps to 1 mps, and good was around 5mps

On 2/14/2023 at 8:59 AM, damiross said:

It really sucks that when I hit Platinum the rules change! 

Then imagine getting to platinum as quick as possible to get the free minutes of Internet and now after 43 cruises (so over 8 times the cruises to get to platinum and almost 3 times the cruises to get to Elite) and now free internet package is gone and internet prices are increasing. This is where I feel they needed an Elite Plus level maybe at 50 cruises/500 days to leave a few existing perks for loyalty and create something for the rest to keep working towards. Rewards programs work because there is always a goal to strive for but someone at Princess doesn’t get that so the program maxes at after just 15/150 since elimination of the Captains Circle OBC increases up to 52 cruises.

• Like 2