Well the good news is

Peckishpixie

6 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

Yes there is. Upper right hand corner. Click on the three lines, click on the envelope, click on compose new. 

Have you actually tried this and had success?  It is a now-disabled feature held over from years ago as I understand it.

ETA - Try sending me a message as a test.

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

IDK if you are a discount TA (offering cash discounts off the fare), but I would not want to abuse my TA's who give very generous cash discounts and I think there is an expectation of not a lot of hand-holding.

It seems my TA spends hours on the phone just as we do. I thought, hoped she would have more immediate access.

4 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Right now they are still sending emails with your boarding time. If you are traveling soon you will get an email. I think I remember you saying though that you aren't traveling before September, and they do get the ap fixed by then they don't know I'd they will be sending an email.

WIth the app the passenger can pick his/her boarding time. If Princess is sending out an E-mail with your boarding time, Princess is picking the time, not the passenger.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

WIth the app the passenger can pick his/her boarding time. If Princess is sending out an E-mail with your boarding time, Princess is picking the time, not the passenger.

You are right!!!    How can we get the boarding time we want, if the app isn’t working????  How will we know when the app is working.  Please don’t tell me we have to check every day.  Who’s going to pay us for all the work we are having to do with all this. I thought we were almost done with all of the Medallion crap.  Now it sounds like it hasn’t even started yet. I am really fired up now.  We should be getting a free cruise out of this for all this computer work, hold times, & stress.  Instead they took away  3 perks as a loyalty Thank You. We are also made to carry on our own preferred diet soft drinks , instead of checking them in.  Next do they want us to carry up all our own  food & toilet paper for 15 days .  Maybe donate some Tide laundry detergent, so they can afford to do the Elites laundry , if we even still have that perk. Guess we will go buy one of the small grocery carts to help get the 2 -12 packs up to our cabin along with our carry ons.  I could go on & on, but I’m done with it.

9 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

I'm so sorry. I still don't have an answer for you. Right now they are still sending emails with your boarding time. If you are traveling soon you will get an email. I think I remember you saying though that you aren't traveling before September, and they do get the ap fixed by then they don't know I'd they will be sending an email. I can look at your specific boarding time on your account (or your TA can) of you want to message me. I am happy to help

No problem, we don't at the moment have a cruise planned, and my question was more out of curiosity. We actually have a small land trip planned for later this month dipping our feet back into travelling.

We generally have done major trips on anniversaries ending in 0 or 5, and next year is #45, so I hope by next summer things in the travel world are much easier to navigate.

Edited by ontheweb

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There is an expectation built in when getting significant discount that the service level required is lower.  I believe I have read that and it makes sense to me.  I handle all of our travel arrangements and only use the discount TA for the discount.  Otherwise, I would book direct with Princess.

So, I try to keep requests related to things they must handle and deal with flights or Princess questions on my own.  Maybe I am being overly thoughtful, but I want to continue to get the same great discount and not be informed it has to be reduced due to all of the servicing time I require. 

Call me crazy, but my loyalty to a TA was such that after she had made three price reductions for us - which means reducing her income, I sent her an Amazon gift card.

Whether a TA gives a large discount, a small discount, or none at all, they still have a duty to provide service to their customers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you actually tried this and had success?  It is a now-disabled feature held over from years ago as I understand it.

ETA - Try sending me a message as a test.

Weird! I still have messages in my in box but you are right. It's been disabled. How sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peckishpixie said:

Weird! I still have messages in my in box but you are right. It's been disabled. How sad. 

I guess just another "upgrade for your own good" like taking away perks for your own good.😒

13 hours ago, Tedferg said:

It seems my TA spends hours on the phone just as we do. I thought, hoped she would have more immediate access.

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not the first time reading this about TA phoning in.

Unfortunately there are numerous tasks that TA's need to do on the part of their clients that CANNOT be done via automation.  Additionally not all TA's are comfortable with the various cruise line agent systems, or know how to fully use them.  Just like consumers we as TA's all have different comfort levels and skill/knowledge sets when it comes to technology.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:23 PM, Tedferg said:

My TA is on Eastern time and said she has to wait until 11:00 to talk to Princess ! Website Contact numbers show PT !