Final conclusion about the Maiden Voyage on Apex

Germancruiser

Scrapcreator- that would be great- I have to check the itineraries first- and if I can leave work. LOL.

That might well be the case- a ship has to break in first. On the other hand Apex did two Transatlantic´s one west- one east- without passengers- so I suppose they fired on the machines already. LOL.

18 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

@Germancruiser - thank you for your review. I see you were wondering about the 1A/1B staterooms. Hopefully these photos will help. They are smaller than normal balconies (on Solstice class etc) but the rest of the stateroom is the same as  the other staterooms on Edge. We did a week in Aqua and then a week in one of these and loved both!

Wendy

Thanks for the photos Wendy👍

Phil 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

Come join us on the Beyond next June.

Hopefully, we'll be on it a week after you...

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Scrapcreator- that would be great- I have to check the itineraries first- and if I can leave work. LOL.

Ours includes Malta, which is a bucket list for us 😁

• Like 1

I would so love to visist Isreal- esp. the Yad Vashem- so I keep my eyes open for a cruise going there next year. I am not sure if Isreal is still on the schedule.

@dani- when would be the best time of the year to visit Isreal? I would prefer a bit more moderate temperatures than in July. LOL.

Edited by Germancruiser

50 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

I would so love to visit Israel- esp. the Yad Vashem- so I keep my eyes open for a cruise going there next year. I am not sure if Israel is still on the schedule.

@dani- when would be the best time of the year to visit Israel? I would prefer a bit more moderate temperatures than in July. LOL.

Yes, Israel is still on the schedule of Apex in September 2022. The PROBLEM is that the dates fall on the Jewish Holidays, namely the Jewish New Year, so you couldn't visit Yad Vashem.

Anyhow, I wouldn't recommend arriving during this period, since most of the places are closed and everybody, and I mean everybody is on the road.

The best time to visit Israel is either May (sadly, I never found cruises which visit during this month), or September-October.... when you could "fall" on the above holidays.

Should you wish to try Royal, they have a cruise next year on the brand new Odyssey, which visits Israel AFTER the holidays (October 23 - 25). Sukkot ends October 17. It should be perfect weather wise.

Pls. don't hesitate to tag me should you have additional questions, kind regards, Dani

• Like 2

Thank you so much dani, your insights are very appreciated. I will consider going back to RCI for a change. I loved RCI when I started cruising. 

In the meantime I wait and see with what itineraries cruise lines come up in the aftermath of the Pandemic. 

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Thank you so much dani, your insights are very appreciated. I will consider going back to RCI for a change. I loved RCI when I started cruising. 

In the meantime I wait and see with what itineraries cruise lines come up in the aftermath of the Pandemic. 

The September 25 Apex cruise is still scheduled for Israel and it's after the High Holy Days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

The September 25 Apex cruise is still scheduled for Israel and it's after the High Holy Days.

True.

Though by cancelling the July and August sailings to Israel, I'm not overly optimistic about September...

... and the OP was talking about next year.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 5:24 PM, wendyam76 said:

@Germancruiser - thank you for your review. I see you were wondering about the 1A/1B staterooms. Hopefully these photos will help. They are smaller than normal balconies (on Solstice class etc) but the rest of the stateroom is the same as  the other staterooms on Edge. We did a week in Aqua and then a week in one of these and loved both!

Wendy

8645E49E-288D-421E-BAC8-D599FD6F2F43.jpeg

7D4A40F5-0CE2-4885-BE7E-E4BA3A094BA2.jpeg

D4D4963C-38EC-46E8-92E2-B224FCAD275F.jpeg

I don't think I've ever seen a cabin like that before - is the top half of the "porthole" permanently open/glassless?

• Like 1

Those porthole cabins are very similar to those sheltered balcony cabins in the hull of Queen Mary 2- only that the open window is not in the shape of a porthole.

Those on the QM2 come in very handy when doing Transatlantic.