Alaska check in

We have a Sept 3 Alaska cruise and an Oct 4 Freedom cruise. The app does not say anything about checking in for the Alaska/Sept cruise... but the Oct 4 cruise says “Check In opens July 6”. The Oct cruise also has 6 icons/tabs at the bottom of page, and Sept cruise only has 3.  Odd to be able to check in for Oct before being able to check in for Sept. Anyone on Sept 3 Alaska Ovation able to check in?

4 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Aug 20 Alaska check in available yet either, I think they are waiting to make sure nothing develops and to announce protocols first, which could be changing rapidly.

We were able to check in about June 22 for our Alaska August 9th, Serenade cruise.

August 13 Ovation also not available for check in yet --- checking often since we are coming directly from the airport after an early same day flight and will likely get there around 10  -- want to at least get the first boarding time!

42 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

According to the Royal web site they will send an e-mail when check in is available.

Thank you. One would hope.... I have not received an email so far on our Oct 4 cruise, that the app says is available for checkin starting tomorrow. Will be interesting to see when/if we get one. 

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

According to the Royal web site they will send an e-mail when check in is available.

They may eventually email you but we never received one for our Aug 30 sailing on Serenade.  I  found out because I saw that Tree_skier was able to register.  I would not rely on anything IT related with Royal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have now checked in for a September cruise that isn't paid in full and that I requested a refund for when my original ship was redeployed and they moved me to another ship.  I chose the refund option they offered.  That refund request is acknowledged by customer service yet the cruise still appears as if it's a confirmed cruise.

It's Royal IT.  As the song goes...  A little messed but we're all alright.  

• Haha 2

Still have not received an email to check in for Oct 4 cruise, but I just checked in via the app.   I was able to complete the travel info part of checkin (passport, credit card info, photo)... but it tells me to check back to complete info for the arrival time.  Baby steps... 😉

On 7/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, discru said:

We have a Sept 3 Alaska cruise and an Oct 4 Freedom cruise. The app does not say anything about checking in for the Alaska/Sept cruise... but the Oct 4 cruise says “Check In opens July 6”. The Oct cruise also has 6 icons/tabs at the bottom of page, and Sept cruise only has 3.  Odd to be able to check in for Oct before being able to check in for Sept. Anyone on Sept 3 Alaska Ovation able to check in?

We are on Serenade, September 6th and checked in, via the Royal App, a week ago. 😁

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 2:47 PM, discru said:

Thank you. One would hope.... I have not received an email so far on our Oct 4 cruise, that the app says is available for checkin starting tomorrow. Will be interesting to see when/if we get one. 

Got an email, AFTER checking in, thanking me for checking in. 😂😂

• Haha 1

It appears that all of the Seattle sailings of Serenade are open for check-in but none of the Ovation ones are open yet.  I believe it may be a a combination of not having clearance from CDC yet and/or Royal IT just has not opened the it up yet.   Ovation does not start sailing for about 4 weeks after the Serenade and I expect they will open all the Ovation sailings at the same time.

Ovation just added 4 more sailings at the end of the season.   

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

It appears that all of the Seattle sailings of Serenade are open for check-in but none of the Ovation ones are open yet.  I believe it may be a a combination of not having clearance from CDC yet and/or Royal IT just has not opened the it up yet.   Ovation does not start sailing for about 4 weeks after the Serenade and I expect they will open all the Ovation sailings at the same time.

Ovation just added 4 more sailings at the end of the season.   

We are contemplating using some of our FCC for one of the late season Ovation sailings to Alaska. Glad they opened up. Gives us more options to use our FCC.