Using FCC to pay for cruise

Has anyone had problems getting their FCC’s applied to pay for an upcoming cruise? We have been trying for months to have two of our multiple FCCs applied to our Aug 21 Adventure sailing and everything seems to be stuck somewhere in Royal Limbo. The cruise fare was less than the value of our FCCs so we are expecting an adjusted FCC to be returned. My TA says they are working with Royal to get it fixed and not to worry. I’ve called Royal directly several times trying to get updates but b/c we have a TA they could provide limited (and often conflicting) information. The TA won’t process our payment for the taxes/fees b/c they say Royal wants to apply the FCCs first. Our booking still shows on my dashboard, including our shareholder OBC (which was applied about a day after I requested it) and I checked in weeks ago so I know Royal hasn’t cancelled us for nonpayment. But I would really like to pay the darn taxes and get my adjusted FCC back so I know we are positively good to go. It’s especially frustrating b/c we have 4 other cruises coming up soon, plus a few more due for payment in the coming months that we will also be paying w/ FCCs.

I've (no TA involved) had no trouble applying an FCC to both an existing and a newly booked cruise.

I was also able to have an FCC from an under 12 transferred. I too have an excess from one of my FCC and will apply that before the December cut-off I was given.

Keep on this...no reason why your TA should be having trouble...best of luck.

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

I will be getting a Royal FCC in Aug 2021. What would be  the last sailing date

The one I got for my Oct 2021 RCI cancelled cruise (which I've already applied) was redeem by April 30, 2022 and sail by Sept 30, 2022. Not sure if your's will have different dates.

Mine is a Jan 2022 RCI cancelled cruise, Voyager from Singapore.

No lift & shift option & since I paid with a FCC, I can only get another FCC, no refund.

The new FCC will take another 30 days to get issued

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

Mine is a Jan 2022 RCI cancelled cruise, Voyager from Singapore.

No lift & shift option & since I paid with a FCC, I can only get another FCC, no refund.

The new FCC will take another 30 days to get issued

I didn't have to wait for mine to be issued. When Canada closed I got the offer.

We had 4 separate FCC's applied to a booking for August.  Our TA had no problem doing it all for us.  I'm sure it was more work than I'm making it out to be (for her) but there was no delay and no problem (from our perspective) getting them all applied.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure why we're having so much difficulty w/ this. The only thing I can think of is after we originally booked, there was a price drop and so they had to revise the FCC we are due back. It still doesn't make sense and I don't know if I should blame Royal or our travel agent - they are each pointing the finger at each other. I was hoping it wasn't just me having this issue.

6 hours ago, jdg623 said:

My TA says they are working with Royal to get it fixed and not to worry. I’ve called Royal directly several times ...

You had a choice to self manage or a TA not both . Sit back relax, was the car or go to the pub .You TA told you not to worry they are working on it .😇 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

You had a choice to self manage or a TA not both . Sit back relax, was the car or go to the pub .You TA told you not to worry they are working on it .😇 

Good advice - we're trying ☺️

My son and DIL live in Sydney. They took a road trip up to the Gold Coast for their anniversary in May and stopped at the Big Banana 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Good advice - we're trying ☺️

My son and DIL live in Sydney. They took a road trip up to the Gold Coast for their anniversary in May and stopped at the Big Banana 😁

Yes I saw them out the front taking photos 🤣.3minuts away.  I was speaking to a Royal rep about Ovation and a Quantum re booking with FFC ,no problem will get back to me ... Hour later ourusualbeach had already posted the Australian and NZ update on the cancellation news .The board makes decisions and forgets to tell there reps 🤷‍♂️

I am having similar problems as well. Booked a August cruise thru Royal.  I have been trying to get an FCC applied since April.  My final pay date has been adjusted 4 times.  Still working with Resolutions but no luck so far.  

• Thanks 1

Don't the FCCs have to be used to book a cruise with a sail date BEFORE September 30 2022 ?

IF YOU NOTICE, ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS KEPT THE PRICES OF CRUISES  BEFORE 30 SEPTEMBER 2022 MUCH HIGHER

I had a issue last Dec.

Hit final payment for a cruise in March.  We knew it would be cancelled, but decided to pay for it, since it was just a bit over the FCC I had.  Gave the credit card info to charge the difference.  This was early Dec.

Imagine my surprise in Jan, when I check my credit card statement that RCI NEVER applied the FCC, but charged me the entire cruise fare.

I got it refunded, but I had to carry some over, so it ended up costing me over $100 in interest (12 night cruise in a GS).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:01 PM, carrascoja said:

I am having similar problems as well. Booked a August cruise thru Royal.  I have been trying to get an FCC applied since April. 

Maybe it's an August thing.  I applied my March 2020 Harmony FCC to a cruise in August 2020, no problem.  Now, I'm trying to get that FCC applied to November cruises and cannot get it done.  Trying online gets me an email saying it's invalid.  Calling, they tell me it has to go through airline's TA, after keeping me on phone for over an hour.  When TA calls, they say it has to be through me.  I'm coming up on final and I am so frustrated.