What are the “house” wines?

Twitchly

Has anyone ever ascertained the names of any of the house reds and whites on offer? Will they tell you more than just the varietal? I’m fond of some Sauvignon Blancs, for example, but not others, and I rarely want a Chardonnay. It would be nice to know what’s actually on offer.

It can change during your cruise and can depend on your cruise. 

That is why we get the SS package...you can have the wine you want IF it on the list by the glass!!! 

• Like 1

They can be different for each sailing itinerary and the change every 2-3 days.  One red and one white.  However someone did say if you don't like the new days offering, they will serve the previous days wine if they have it leftover.  If i don't like the wine of the day, I order from the premium wine menu and pay the $6 per glass.

13 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Has anyone ever ascertained the names of any of the house reds and whites on offer? Will they tell you more than just the varietal? I’m fond of some Sauvignon Blancs, for example, but not others, and I rarely want a Chardonnay. It would be nice to know what’s actually on offer.

Our preference leans more in the opposite direction and we had the SSBP, so didn't try many of the house wines.

However, I do recall a number of them were Sauvignon Blancs, with some coming from New Zealand's Marlborough area. Unfortunately, I can't recall specific wineries. The waiters, especially the senior waiters can answer many questions on the wines and if above their knowledge, they will call the wine waiter or Sommellier.

Every time we tried a new wine, the waiters or wine stewards were most helpful and most definitely very knowledgeable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Our preference leans more in the opposite direction and we had the SSBP, so didn't try many of the house wines.

However, I do recall a number of them were Sauvignon Blancs, with some coming from New Zealand's Marlborough area. Unfortunately, I can't recall specific wineries. The waiters, especially the senior waiters can answer many questions on the wines and if above their knowledge, they will call the wine waiter or Sommellier.

Every time we tried a new wine, the waiters or wine stewards were most helpful and most definitely very knowledgeable.

That’s hopeful, as we usually love SB’s from New Zealand. Kind of surprising, since they run around $15/bottle and up around here, which is more than the upgrade wines I saw listed. 

33 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

That’s hopeful, as we usually love SB’s from New Zealand. Kind of surprising, since they run around $15/bottle and up around here, which is more than the upgrade wines I saw listed. 

Kind of makes one wonder what you would get for the $50 upgrade in Chef's Table.

42 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

My guess is the included wine is in the 7-10 dollar range. I find the cruise wine is marked up 125-150%. 

• Thanks 1

I was very pleased with the  quality of the included wines.  I prefer Oceania, whereby, under the terms of their included package I can choose any wine that is sold by the glass, but the Viking wines were far superior to some of the daily offerings  provided by Azamara.  My disappointment  was that these daily wines were the same ones that were paired with the dishes at the Chef's Table restaurant.  I was hoping for some different wines, (without paying extra).