Post Cruise Survery

On the post cruise survey it always asks:

Were you asked by any crew member(s) to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey?

If yes, it asks:

If you were asked to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey, please identify the crew member(s) that asked you:

I have always assumed the crew is suppose to encourage us to fill out the survey, but never know how to answer this question.  Is it looked down upon by the company if they ask us to provide positive ratings? 

I feel like the crew tells us to reply positive only if we were happy with the service. 

24 minutes ago, BOAZ5 said:

Were you asked by any crew member(s) to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey?

Is it looked down upon by the company if they ask us to provide positive ratings? 

I don't have any intel specific to RCI, but yes, as a general rule it's definitely frowned upon to solicit positive feedback. As you mentioned, they definitely can (and do) encourage passengers to provide feedback, but asking for it to be positive is a big no-no. Like you, I've never had anyone cross that line, although they occasionally get pretty close to it. 😉 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BOAZ5 said:

I always answer the question honestly.  I should have stated that I never know how to interpret this question.    I just find that question intriguing. 

The reason for my “truthful” comment is because some people ask if they should lie because they don’t want to get the employee in trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOAZ5 said:

If yes, it asks:

If you were asked to provide positive ratings/reviews on this survey, please identify the crew member(s) that asked you:

I have always assumed the crew is suppose to encourage us to fill out the survey, but never know how to answer this question.  Is it looked down upon by the company if they ask us to provide positive ratings? 

I feel like the crew tells us to reply positive only if we were happy with the service. 

I always get solicited for positive review. 

I always answer that no one asked me to provide them a positive review to ensure crew members are not penalized for soliciting. 

• Like 2

I have always answered no except several years ago regarding a Radiance Alaska sailing.  Our MDR waiter hounded us every day to give a score of ten.  He insisted that we and the others around us call him "Ten" during the cruise so we wouldn't forget. It was so ridiculous and I included it on my survey.

3 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I have always answered no except several years ago regarding a Radiance Alaska sailing.  Our MDR waiter hounded us every day to give a score of ten.  He insisted that we and the others around us call him "Ten" during the cruise so we wouldn't forget. It was so ridiculous and I included it on my survey.

Wow!!!  That is beyond ridiculous!!  I would have put that on my survey too!!!

Thankfully I have never had to witness something like that!!  

I don't like the way the survey is set up. In the past, survey's have not allowed for any comments if I've scored them above a certain level.  I've wanted to comment on things even at the higher score.

Anyone have a different experience with them?