Floating Bar Coco Cay

cei3

I hear there is such at Coco Cay. It must be close to the beach? Do you swim or just walk up to it? They can't be equipped for scanning cards out there. Do they just write down your cabin #? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, cei3 said:

It must be close to the beach?

No, it's in the Oasis lagoon - like many other swim up bars. They have a regular point of sale terminal.

Edited by Biker19

There is a floating bar on Coco Cay down in Breezy Bay (Number 21 in the photo).  We were on Adventure last week and swam out to the bar.  You can walk out most of the way but there is a drop before the bar where you have to swim a few feet.  They take the Seapass cards there. There are not frozen drinks out there.  It was really nice!

image.jpg

Edited by Laurie12820
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cei3 said:

I hear there is such at Coco Cay. It must be close to the beach? Do you swim or just walk up to it? They can't be equipped for scanning cards out there. Do they just write down your cabin #? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

If the system isn't up at any of the bars on the island they will write down your info on a pad to punch in when they get back aboard

3 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

There's also a floating bar at South Beach, so it looks like you have several options to choose from! 🙂

I believe South Beach is currently closed off for guests so that crew (who can't get off in other ports) can utilize it.

11 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

There's also a floating bar at South Beach, so it looks like you have several options to choose from! 🙂

South Beach is closed to guests right now. It’s for crew only.  They moved that floating bar from South Beach to Chill Island.

• Thanks 1

You do need to swim a little bit but not that far.  You walk most of the way and then the last few yards you have to swim in order to get up the stairs to it.  the stairs are the kind that are on a boat, they are aluminum.  There are a few chairs at the bar and benches built into the rail.  They do write down your stateroom number for your drinks.  Bring cash to tip as they don't print out receipts.  No blender drinks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Yet they are still selling South Beach cabanas and beach beds in the Cruise Planner... strange.

I’m wondering if after a certain date South Beach will no longer be Crew only.  I heard talk that crew might be granted shore leave soon.

7 minutes ago, Laurie12820 said:

I’m wondering if after a certain date South Beach will no longer be Crew only.  I heard talk that crew might be granted shore leave soon.

That could be….. I should have mentioned that the cruise I am seeing the South Beach listings is in October 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laurie12820 said:

Cococay is the only place crew can get off the ship. Otherwise they need to stay in their COVID bubble. 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:19 PM, Laurie12820 said:

There is a floating bar on Coco Cay down in Breezy Bay (Number 21 in the photo).  We were on Adventure last week and swam out to the bar.  You can walk out most of the way but there is a drop before the bar where you have to swim a few feet.  They take the Seapass cards there. There are not frozen drinks out there.  It was really nice!

image.jpg

Is this 21 open for public or only for the people who bought club access?