Is MSC capacity controlled ?

EDLOS

Each region has different rules.  Since in the US MSC has chosen to sail with non-vaccinated passengers they are following the rules of the CDC Conditional Sail Order.  There is no set specific capacity limit, the wording only states that venues such as dining rooms, bars, theaters etc... have to allow for adequate social distancing.  Since each ship is unique in this regard it results in allowing differing percentages of the ship's capacity.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html

10 hours ago, thepla said:

They were actually only selling balconies with free balcony promo. Is anyone booked in inside or Oceanview?

Inside! Hoping for a free upgrade. Booked before the promo.

Edited by step78

I’ve just been on the MSC Virtuosa around the British Isles 17 July- 24 July. They were “allowed” 50% capacity by the British Government but sailed at around 25% capacity.

I asked two different staff members who confirmed 1,500 pax on board.

Due to all the uncertainty and rule changes I’m not sure they decided to sail at 25% or just couldn’t sell the additional cabins once the rules changed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thepla said:

They were actually only selling balconies with free balcony promo. Is anyone booked in inside or Oceanview?

I am booked Inside Cabin on TA from Barcelona on Nov.2nd to Miami.

Last week I saw a Balcony Cabin for 4 days preceding the above Seashore  Cruise for $600 US and grabbed it, The price for an Inside Cabin was over $900 US for same 4 days meaning the Insides were at close to capacity as you could also take the TA from Genoa to Miami.

This begs the question of capacity  (non issue?)and its effect of landing on USA soil in Miami without taking a "TEST" cruise  ??????

It's unfortunate so many things are in flux regarding US policy, I think the key will be keeping your schedule flexible.  I hope MSC has a backup plan for the Seashore Transatlantic in case the CSO gets extended.  Perhaps ending in Nassau is an option if a test cruises are still required.  There are several cruise lines with earlier planned TAs that might show how it will go.

3 hours ago, Até said:

in case the CSO gets extended.....

My question is somewhat related.   Does the CSO limit the percentage of unvaccinated vs. vaccinated people on MSC?  Also, is the MSC crew fully vaccinated on their ships?  We are sailing Seashore in December.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:09 AM, MarkusToe said:

They told us entire ship is 50% , but YC is fully booked, 260 pax in YC

What sailing are you referring to? From whom did this data come from?

Does not make sense that they would pack the YC for distancing purposes and leave the rest of the ship at 50%.

• Like 1

Seaview out of Kiel, I'm on the ship actually.

YC is full, all tables occupied, same setup like 2019. No seat blocking at YC, not inside nor outside, within entire ship, yes

The numbers come from YC director, I don't think he will lie.....

Remaining ship 50%, no inside staterooms

Edited by MarkusToe

52 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Seaview out of Kiel, I'm on the ship actually.

YC is full, all tables occupied, same setup like 2019. No seat blocking at YC, not inside nor outside, within entire ship, yes

The numbers come from YC director, I don't think he will lie.....

Remaining ship 50%, no inside staterooms

Even free balcony upgrae would have limited anyone from an OCeanview, which costs more than balcony.