Mahogany Bay - Unvaccinated

NewYawkYankees

Waiting (praying!) on the exemption approval for my 8/14 Vista cruise, but I have a question regarding Mahogany Bay: can the unvaccinated get off the ship and walk to that main beach or do you need to be part of a Bubble Tour?  I know you need Bubble Tours for Belize and Cozumel, but I really couldn't find anything about Mahogany Bay...    

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Bubble tour.  It is not their private island.

Yes, they have bubble tours to beach resorts. However, Carnival owns and operates the port. I'm not 100% positive but, I believe the beach OP is asking about is inside Carnival's port area.

3 minutes ago, mondello said:

Yes, they have bubble tours to beach resorts. However, Carnival owns and operates the port. I'm not 100% positive but, I believe the beach OP is asking about is inside Carnival's port area.

Doesn't matter, they still have to do a bubble tour. This has been discussed at length on other posts by those that have cruised already. 

Bubble tours are designed to keep them away from others on land and keep the unvaccinated contained and prevent them from going off on their own.  Only the private island (which Mahogany Bay is not) can do this, everywhere else it is bubble tour only.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Bubble tour.  It is not their private island.

39 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Doesn't matter, they still have to do a bubble tour. This has been discussed at length on other posts by those that have cruised already. 

Bubble tours are designed to keep them away from others on land and keep the unvaccinated contained and prevent them from going off on their own.  Only the private island (which Mahogany Bay is not) can do this, everywhere else it is bubble tour only.

Mahogany Bay is only allowing 1 ship per day.Thus MBCC's beaches will be as if they are on a private island.  Roatan begins allowing international flights back to the island on August 17th and those vaccinated do not have to get a PCR test or quarantine.  I would assume that Carnival ships would still have bubble tours to other places on the island but no real reason to do so at MBCC.

Appears like the Vista is there every Tuesday.  With the MG arriving on Wednesdays every other week.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Mahogany Bay is only allowing 1 ship per day.Thus MBCC's beaches will be as if they are on a private island.  Roatan begins allowing international flights back to the island on August 17th and those vaccinated do not have to get a PCR test or quarantine.  I would assume that Carnival ships would still have bubble tours to other places on the island but no real reason to do so at MBCC.

Appears like the Vista is there every Tuesday.  With the MG arriving on Wednesdays every other week.

Is this current or future info, are you saying they now ARE allowing unvaccinated guests off into the beach and shopping area?  In the last week or two I saw someone posting that they could not get off in MBCC's (even in the beach area) because they had an unvaccinated with them.  That is what the OP was asking about.

Edited by wemjam

1 hour ago, NewYawkYankees said:

Waiting (praying!) on the exemption approval for my 8/14 Vista cruise, but I have a question regarding Mahogany Bay: can the unvaccinated get off the ship and walk to that main beach or do you need to be part of a Bubble Tour?  I know you need Bubble Tours for Belize and Cozumel, but I really couldn't find anything about Mahogany Bay...    

Thanks in advance!

Every port is bubble. The shore excursions all seem to be a day at the beach only, but MB has some lovely beaches.

42 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Is this current or future info, are you saying they now ARE allowing unvaccinated guests off into the beach and shopping area?  In the last week or two I saw someone posting that they could not get off in MBCC's (even in the beach area) because they had an unvaccinated with them.  That is what the OP was asking about.

Not saying they are or are not allowing unvaccinated persons off the ship at any port.  Just opining on other information: that there's only 1 ship in port, MBCC is exclusive to ship passengers--not a public beach, and Roatan appears to be removing some of their restrictions on visitors.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not saying they are or are not allowing unvaccinated persons off the ship at any port.  Just opining on other information: that there's only 1 ship in port, MBCC is exclusive to ship passengers--not a public beach, and Roatan appears to be removing some of their restrictions on visitors.

OK, was a bit confused, because everything I have seen says you don't get off unless you do bubble tour and that includes Mahogany Bay - only exception is their private island

On Vista now, only bubble tours for unvaccinated at all 3 stops (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan). There was a couple complaining at guest services because I guess they didn’t read the guidelines. Carnival employee was very clear… must do bubble or stay on ship. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NewYawkYankees said:

Thanks in advance!

I think you will be able to find out about this when you will get on board. I doubt anyone will be able to tell you for sure. In any case, its better if you get vaccinated before the cruise. Please, take care of your health, its the most important thing right now.

Thanks all for the info!  I was hoping that MB would be considered a "private island", but then I saw a bubble tour for it.

We've been to MB before, and that place get's packed, even with one ship.  Maybe the bubble tour will get us closer to the water!    

3 hours ago, NewYawkYankees said:

Thanks all for the info!  I was hoping that MB would be considered a "private island", but then I saw a bubble tour for it.

We've been to MB before, and that place get's packed, even with one ship.  Maybe the bubble tour will get us closer to the water!    

Yeah, I saw a beach day at a resort listed that I think included lunch but, it was about $75pp. Not questioning the value, just that it is a lot more than the free beach right there by the ship.

4 hours ago, amypintx said:

On Vista now, only bubble tours for unvaccinated at all 3 stops (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan). There was a couple complaining at guest services because I guess they didn’t read the guidelines. Carnival employee was very clear… must do bubble or stay on ship. 

That's been known for more than a month. They would have gotten the EMails. They could have opted out and cancelled with all their money back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sailingships said:

That's been known for more than a month. They would have gotten the EMails. They could have opted out and cancelled with all their money back.

I know. I felt so bad for the Carnival employee. I was behind them in line and wanted to say “the restrictions were well documented” to the guy. He kept saying “so we spent all the f-ing money and can’t even get off the ship???”.  Then he thought they were saying that the little girl had to go on the bubble excursion by herself while they went somewhere else. 🤦‍♀️ The whole thing was ridiculous and he clearly thought that they would give in if he kept arguing and making a scene. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, czechcruzr said:

Im still confused, if i'm a non vaccinated passenger and want to get off at Mahogany Bay and grab a beer and got to diamond international (not leaving the port area) that is not possible?

Correct. Mahogany Bay is a port in Roatan. Not a private island. Leaving the ship requires a bubble excursion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NewYawkYankees said:

While I agree you could think MB as being a private island and thus unvaccinated not restricted from leaving the ship, I can see now that because, unlike a private island where you have no where else to go, there's nothing keeping you from leaving MBCC once off the ship.  But I also agree that these restrictions on unvaccinated children are way over cautious. But that's the CDC's fault.  They don't track (or release) data that could show whether or not children give COVID to adults or catch it from adults outside of their immediate families; the degree to which children are hospitalized due to COVID, etc. Or if masks are really that effective for children.  All these things could be true but us common folk have no way of learning and discerning any of this information and making appropriate decisions.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the info.  Reality is, my wife and daughter are unvaccinated and we're waiting for the exemption.  As someone stated, I'm definitely not holding my breath.  Now that NY may require state employees (wife) to get jabbed, she may fold and get it soon.  Unfortunately, we're well within the window of her not getting the second shot.  If we receive the exemption, at least she'll have some protection from COVID with the one shot, but would still have to adhere to the unvaccinated ruleset. 

Can I (vaxxed) get off the ship without family?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here before, but I hope people would say "95% cruising with a vaccination card" as opposed to "95% vaccinated".  A couple of months ago, you can get those bad boys from eBay for $50.  Don't shoot me, but it's the crooked world we live in...

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

While I agree you could think MB as being a private island and thus unvaccinated not restricted from leaving the ship, I can see now that because, unlike a private island where you have no where else to go, there's nothing keeping you from leaving MBCC once off the ship.  But I also agree that these restrictions on unvaccinated children are way over cautious. But that's the CDC's fault.  They don't track (or release) data that could show whether or not children give COVID to adults or catch it from adults outside of their immediate families; the degree to which children are hospitalized due to COVID, etc. Or if masks are really that effective for children.  All these things could be true but us common folk have no way of learning and discerning any of this information and making appropriate decisions.

They probably could release data that people would promptly misinterpret, and when the data changed, release new data, and be accused of flip flopping when all they are doing is following the science. There are few absolutes and still more is unknown than known.

The Delta variant is much different from the original virus to the point where it is almost starting over, and we aren't done with variants. People want answers that don't currently exist.

2 minutes ago, NewYawkYankees said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here before, but I hope people would say "95% cruising with a vaccination card" as opposed to "95% vaccinated".  A couple of months ago, you can get those bad boys from eBay for $50.  Don't shoot me, but it's the crooked world we live in...

Of course there are dishonest people in the world. Carnival is scanning all the cards, along with passports or other ID. If using a fraudulent card, you could be put off of the ship, banned from cruising, etc. Not to mention sued by other passengers.

It's looking more like everyone is going to be tested and masks required in the near future. Including the liars. That should be enough to keep non-conformists away.

• Like 1