Where is Arthur?

gtaylor

6 hours ago, Youngcruiser1994 said:

I think we need a little more information on "Arthur" in order to track him down. I'm sure every ship has at least 1 or 2, if not more, Arthurs.

When someone is asking about MSC Arthur, there is just one.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

This post I think?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2791833-fall-2021-restart-masks-required-even-for-vaccinated/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-61526074

Yes, that must be it. I thought it had a bit more information than that, but thanks.

gary

13 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I posted earlier, but it seems to have been deleted.  I may have violated a rule by referring to another social media site.  THE ONE AND ONLY ARTHUR is on the Divina, just finishing up his quarantine.  He stated he will likely be assigned to an MDR vice the Yacht Club. 😂

Dennis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

That stinks.

He was assigned to the MDR on Meraviglia when we sailed her in YC during Thanksgiving 2019.  We went to find him on the first night just to say hello, and then my wife complained to the YC Maitre d' that Arthur should really be in YC where the guests know him and want to see him.  Voila!  The next day he was assigned to YC for at least the remainder of that cruise. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Arthur was promoted a couple of years ago.   His rank doesn’t exist in YC which is why he works in MDRs now. 

Yeah…. I guess most folks failed to see that Arthur in his recent photos is uniformed as a manager.  I wanted to say officer, but that would really be misleading.  I know I will try and see him on the Divina in September.  

On 8/13/2021 at 5:05 PM, Beamafar said:

Arthur was promoted a couple of years ago.   His rank doesn’t exist in YC which is why he works in MDRs now. 

Continue to learn.  Pleased to know that he had a promotion, but what might the "ranks of such in his area of work" might be?  

I use the term ‘Capitane’ for his position - don’t know where I first came across it, but it was back when we started cruising with MSC.  He’s basically a station supervisor, a rank between senior waiter and asst m’D.  This role doesn’t exist in YC.

They also ‘manage’ the SRs. 

14 hours ago, Beamafar said:

He’s basically a station supervisor, a rank between senior waiter and asst m’D

Assuming your description is correct, such a position seems not to be a "promotion" to me.  If he was not an Assistant Maitre d', if not a co-Maitre d' with Luis, what was his position?  

How can one go from the position that he held in the YC Restaurant to be "something between a Senior Waiter and an Assistant Maitre d' in the MDR"?  

For me, that does not pass the "smell test" of properly treating a good employee.  

Our understanding was that Arthur was promoted to Maitre d'  of the main dining room.

We caught him rushing through the buffet one day and congratulated him as he paused to chat with us for just a few minutes as he continued on.

gary

14 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Our understanding was that Arthur was promoted to Maitre d'  of the main dining room.

This is good to know and would be a promotion for Arthur.  If he expects the Stewards under his supervision to emulate his service model of the Energizer Bunny, many will want to get some new batteries, I expect.  

On 8/13/2021 at 5:05 PM, Beamafar said:

Interesting.

He was a co maitreD in YC Merv Jan Feb 2020

He is an original

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting.

He was a co maitreD in YC Merv Jan Feb 2020

He is an original

I’d only spoken to him prior to that so he’s obviously been promoted further since then.  The interesting thing is that he came from Celebrity.  We met him originally when he first came to MSC and before he went Stateside.