Covid Testing Question

zodiac1

A Covid test is now required within 72 hours of our Saturday, October 2, Panama Canal cruise departing out of Seattle.  We plan to fly into Seattle on Wednesday, September 29.  Can we get the Covid test any time on Wednesday or must it be gotten after 5:00 PM which is the cruise departure time?  This test requirement is freaking me out!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zodiac1 said:

A Covid test is now required within 72 hours of our Saturday, October 2, Panama Canal cruise departing out of Seattle.  We plan to fly into Seattle on Wednesday, September 29.  Can we get the Covid test any time on Wednesday or must it be gotten after 5:00 PM which is the cruise departure time?  This test requirement is freaking me out!

Ha! Our cruise is the 14th of August and we fly to Seattle next Tuesday... you have lots of time to figure it out!

The email I got today said 72 hours before embarkation, so for us it will be to get tested after 1:40 PM on Wednesday for the Saturday departure (that is our assigned embarkation time).

7 minutes ago, zodiac1 said:

I'm not the official word on this, but since they say "72 hours" I'd guess that it would have to be after 5:00 on Wednesday to count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I'm not the official word on this, but since they say "72 hours" I'd guess that it would have to be after 5:00 on Wednesday to count.

I thought it was based on boarding time?

I'm guessing they will clarify the policy in the upcoming days.  It just came out today so I think we all have to be patient and see what HAL says regarding whether it's a strict 72 hours, whether it's from boarding time or sailing time, etc.  Plus we can have people on the 8/14 cruise report back to us about what happened when they did embarkation regarding showing their covid test results.  I'm on the 8/21 sailing and am happy to report any info I find out regarding this policy when I'm on my cruise.

9 hours ago, roxybear135 said:

I'm guessing they will clarify the policy in the upcoming days.  It just came out today so I think we all have to be patient and see what HAL says regarding whether it's a strict 72 hours, whether it's from boarding time or sailing time, etc.  Plus we can have people on the 8/14 cruise report back to us about what happened when they did embarkation regarding showing their covid test results.  I'm on the 8/21 sailing and am happy to report any info I find out regarding this policy when I'm on my cruise.

We will be on 8/14 and will keep you posted. I scheduled mine on Wednesday at 7pm for me and Thursday for my husband, so we will see. I was a bit worry about Wednesday but it was still within 72 hours from our embarkation time.

Edited by Missheo
  • Like 1

The communique from HAL says 72 hours prior to EMBARKATION, not sailing time. . .  No matter what anyone "says," I'd require the policy/confirmation of what was said in WRITING.

Edited by 12cruise2
add words

2 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

The communique from HAL says 72 hours prior to EMBARKATION, not sailing time. . .

See this statement from Carnival’s Brand Ambassador, John Heald: https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=6134723113236865&id=144285012280735

I am assuming HAL’s policy in line, but as always, double check. I really hope HAL publishes a document so there are standard answers. This would save them inevitable phone calls and spare their passengers some serious stress.

All the Best!

Missheo, I am on the same cruise as you - August 14th.  There are 3 different tests.  Which one did you schedule - rapid diagnostic diagnostic lab (pcr) or rapid antigen?  Not all are accepted for travel, and return results vary considerably.

If anyone else has the answer, I would appreciate it.  We don't have much time to get this right.

Thanks.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.  Praying the testing requirement is lifted before our Oct. 2 cruise but will use the time to make arrangements to get tested.  I'm determined to take this cruise!