A silly question for females

penlady

Well, maybe not so silly perhaps others have wondered about this also. When, wearing a pair of open shoes in the evening when you are all dressed up when wearing open toe shoes have you ever worn stockings with them or do you wear bare feet I know some women in America that would be horrified if they saw stockings on legs that had open neck shoes. What are your thoughts on this please...

Does anyone where stockings anymore? I stopped years ago - I wear a long skirt or trousers with sandals. I also wear dance sandals so I'd never wear stockings with them anyways (they wouldn't have a enough grip) 

• Like 4

No not Yuck. Lovely sheer  tan tights with a big toe hole so that holds the tight’s foot in place and shows all bare toes and also nicely “tanned” legs. if I am wearing something black then of course sheer black tights for a knee length dress and closed shoes. If I am wearing a long dress  it would usually just be open sandals with bare legs and feet.Penlady - as long as you are happy and comfortable   😍😍

15 hours ago, daisybel said:

No not Yuck. Lovely sheer  tan tights with a big toe hole so that holds the tight’s foot in place and shows all bare toes and also nicely “tanned” legs. if I am wearing something black then of course sheer black tights for a knee length dress and closed shoes. If I am wearing a long dress  it would usually just be open sandals with bare legs and feet.Penlady - as long as you are happy and comfortable   😍😍

Thank you and you are absolutely right now that after I read you post. I guess as long as I feel comfortable it really does not matter what anyone else would think. Never looked at it from that point of view before. I wear stockings every day unless I am home.

The lockdown, sitting all day instead of doing aerobics, led to my getting a lot of spider veins.  So I will be wearing pantihose (tights) any time I wear a knee-length skirt.

I've never felt comfortable in strappy sandals, so my shoes are either closed-toe, or peep toe, both with open sides.  I wear sheer skintone ones for dressier evenings, or tan fishnet ones (like dancers wear).

Either type is comfortable, as long as the size is correct.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't inflict my awful toes and nails to anyone ... after chemo and also its an age thing my nails don't grow straight and I feel so self conscious so I now wear tights or if trousers I wear the knee high pop socks... sad isn't it ? but at least I have toes !!!

• Like 1