Live from Steerage. Onboard Mardi Gras now. Ask us anything.

KmomChicago

Hello, I have a lengthy pre-cruise thread separate here on CC and it took me a day and a half to get it together onboard the ship. We’re down on deck 5 in a Premium Interior which is small but efficient and cool.

It’s Monday morning. We’ve all been on the ship since Saturday and we’re docked in Cozumel now. I’ll get photos on here per our own travels or requests. Had steakhouse dinner first night, Sea Day brunch yesterday, Big Chicken this morning. 

Masks are being worn but not to the point of confrontation with crew. I’m glad we came, as the masks are not enough of an issue to cancel. It’s way too hot outdoors for them but they aren’t expected out there.

AABE285A-13DA-40C6-A907-8C9AE8C21021.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If possible, could you verify that there are some new additions to the lunch options at Cucina del Capitano?  Had briefly seen on a YouTube video mozzarella sticks, two soups and something else added.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If possible, could you verify that there are some new additions to the lunch options at Cucina del Capitano?  Had briefly seen on a YouTube video mozzarella sticks, two soups and something else added.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

Thanks for posting! We board Saturday! Yes curious about the other restaurants too! ChiBang specifically.

Sure thing. Those are both closed on port days which is today, tomorrow and Wednesday. We then have two more sea days and I’d like to do lunch at Cucina and Chibang those days. I’m up late for this cruise oddly but should be on an earlier schedule by then. I will get as much info as I can.

• Thanks 1

Is there transportation from the ship  to  terminal in Cozumel?.  It could be a difficult walk for some and it looks like MG is  dicked at far end

Edited by GOIN2C
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sailingships said:

If you drove please tell us about the parking and getting from there to the terminal. I dont think anyone has as yet.

We drove down from my dad’s home in Volusia  county which means we came down 95. There’s a big new garage at terminal 3. They are fairly wide spaces but you don’t get to select your space. It’s Disney World style with a worker directing you to the next space in the line. We had to prepay $130 to get in the gate.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stellarose said:

is guy's smokehouse still complimentary for lunch /dinner?  we are in a spa interior. would love to see the interior room.

ParoDeeJay are in an interior spa room right now. Check their utube video blog for deets.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GOIN2C said:

Is there transportation from the ship  to  terminal in Cozumel?.  It could be a difficult walk for some and it looks like MG is  dicked at far end

There are little pedicabs running peeps back and forth, for a fee I assume but I’ll check when we venture out. But first, trivia!!

• Thanks 1

Having read your pre-cruise thread and have the same itinerary at end of November,enjoying your thoughts.   Great tip on Terminal parking.  We may do an offsite parking but even at $130 it's cheaper than Miami.

How was Big Chick for Breakfast?  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Sure thing. Those are both closed on port days which is today, tomorrow and Wednesday. We then have two more sea days and I’d like to do lunch at Cucina and Chibang those days. I’m up late for this cruise oddly but should be on an earlier schedule by then. I will get as much info as I can.

Very surprised about that.  On our Horizon cruise in August of 2019, we went to Jiji's and Cucina for lunch on embarkation day.  No biggie, we'll just go to Big Chicken.  A grilled Shaq Attack has been calling to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Very surprised about that.  On our Horizon cruise in August of 2019, we went to Jiji's and Cucina for lunch on embarkation day.  No biggie, we'll just go to Big Chicken.  A grilled Shaq Attack has been calling to me.

Big chicken is very good. Any of the fried chicken sandwiches for breakfast or lunch are good and the fries are flat cut and fresh fried, very well seasoned (salt +mild spices). Best fries I’ve had in years. Chicken pieces are just delicious, Shaq sauce is nom nom nom.

FF4831AF-F336-42A8-8E3F-1F5423902D29.jpeg

• Like 5