One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

5 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

WooHoo —just got a Royal Up email 😊. OS here we come!!!

The joys of reduced capacity! On a whim we put in a Royal up bid with the minimum bid for a grand suite and got it! No email to notify but I looked at luggage tag and it was for 1288 grand suite! Only for week of August 21 then back to balcony for August 28!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JasonMason said:

The captain just made the announcement, due to the landfall of Grace in Cozumel, we will be skipping Cozumel and after a day at sea, returning to CocoCay for a third day… I for one am NOT disappointed!!

I’d be ok with Cococay, but we are there on Thursday.with Freedom.  Aren’t they still allowing unvaxxed adults on that ship?  In FL, aren’t they not allowed to ask for your vax card but just treat you as unvaxxed if you don’t offer to show it? For that reason, and hopefully it has changed, I’m not wild about a third day there. We will just stay onboard, I guess

Anyway, we want to be safe. Allure was due at Coz Thursday as well. They are staying at Roátan longer. And then heading back to FL. . 

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hi @3kidsncatsand @internetwhiz, I am still in suspense, please spill the beans on the deets regarding expected passenger numbers for the upcoming sailing.

Beieve I read current sailing is about 730?

The current passenger count is 727 for this cruise. There are more crew than passengers on this August 14 sailing. I’ve been told by both the concierge and the Loyalty Ambassador that our passenger count will be between 500-600 for the August 21 sailing, and we are b2b so we will experience even less passengers than this week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nich3cats said:

The joys of reduced capacity! On a whim we put in a Royal up bid with the minimum bid for a grand suite and got it! No email to notify but I looked at luggage tag and it was for 1288 grand suite! Only for week of August 21 then back to balcony for August 28!

We bid on a Grand Suite for the August 21 sailing and got email Tuesday evening that our bid up from a balcony cabin to a GS was accepted! We bid just a tad over the minimum bid of $200 a head. We will have a GS for less than half of its current cost!  excited!! Way under 2K. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

We bid on a Grand Suite for the August 21 sailing and got email Tuesday evening that our bid up from a balcony cabin to a GS was accepted! We bid just a tad over the minimum bid of $200 a head. We will have a GS for less than half of its current cost!  excited!! Way under 2K. 

Woo hoo. Are you near 1288? We have never had a suite so looking forward to this experience!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nich3cats said:

Is this due to cancellations or is this all they allowed to book?

I think it’s due to several things. When they changed to require more masking onboard and the shortened time to get an acceptable covid test, we were offered a refund instead of FCC, if we wanted to cancel. Some canceled then. We likely had sone cancel and choose a Florida or Texas sailing because of less hoops to jump through. Also, for anyone with heightened fear of increased covid numbers, you had an out, with money refunded. That’s my opinion anyway.  

9 minutes ago, nich3cats said:

Woo hoo. Are you near 1288? We have never had a suite so looking forward to this experience!

We currently have 1274. I requested to move to another one that’s showing open. When we get moved over, I’ll hang our Karen and Bill sign on the door. 1274 is fine though. Not an adjoiner. Excited about the room. It was the only cabin I bid on on this b2b. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

Yes, if you have unvaxxed members in your party, your dining is on deck 4, end in the theatre you must sit on deck 4 upper tier. 

The vaccinated all have a purple paper bracelet, and I noticed that some people people had a rubber one. I asked for one abs was told no. They did say when you are a b2ber  you get a rubber bracelet on turn around say. We shall see.  

Hmmm.  That’s ridiculous, especially since Freedom passengers are getting rubber ones for 3/4 night cruises.  Hopefully that’s just to placate people until they get a shipment.  

1 minute ago, internetwhiz said:

They are also out of Adventure blocks. We are due one on the Aug 21 sailing. A 490 milestone block. They say it will be shipped to my house. 

Better than having it make your luggage go over the 50lb limit 😊. Congrats on the milestone!!

• Haha 1

We’ve had a great cruise so far. Waited on hand and foot. People are good about masking and protocols. Here’s a few pictures from the last day or so. The one is masked dancers at Boleros tonight. Others  are random. Some at Oasis Lagoon. Also, Macarons substituted for loyalty fruit ganache truffles. The chicken sandwich, funnel cake, and chocolate brownie came from Snack Shack at Oasis lagoon - Cococay. 

4304CF14-A033-4D30-9CF4-2DA1D51E5672.jpeg

EB2E17B2-04C0-490F-9EF4-600BA2365B56.jpeg

4122F368-24F0-44F3-BF1B-DEACD8987616.jpeg

A04E1F6B-0EE3-4648-9D40-0484B35AE42F.jpeg

27FB2414-417B-4BB1-86F2-82D4E29FC9C2.jpeg

1B993A3B-B4F6-41F2-9980-7BAFEDF0BF03.jpeg

47D5D3F8-A2EB-4F8B-AB29-A8752D5256EB.jpeg

53424A35-B114-4625-85A7-887CEC5548A7.jpeg

B74870FB-13ED-4770-8D7A-261C6F635C44.jpeg

04E7C4DB-88A4-4291-815E-BB064A67DA52.jpeg

71475387-9714-4327-A3A4-C26BB0E10057.jpeg

DF59A0F6-DB88-41DE-98C3-17147B0F1F54.jpeg

84E16193-032B-4556-AA25-718308B77D21.jpeg

Edited by internetwhiz
  • Like 5

Doing our Antigen “at home” test now in The Bahamas. Here’s the process:

- Buy the official Abbot kid with eMed supervision

- Don’t open the box

- Login using Safari, connect to an eMed adviser

- They will have you open the box, put 3 drops in the tester, test each nostril (rotate 5 times), close the test kit, wait 15 minutes

- After 15 minutes an adviser comes back, reviews the results and it will be uploaded to the Navica App.

I will send a screenshot of my results later… We need to do 6, for the kids the process is the same but we, the adults, need to swab the nostrils for them.

EE43C52B-2028-4BA2-8961-3BAC83FBE68F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, exm said:

Doing our Antigen “at home” test now in The Bahamas. Here’s the process:

- Buy the official Abbot kid with eMed supervision

- Don’t open the box

- Login using Safari, connect to an eMed adviser

- They will have you open the box, put 3 drops in the tester, test each nostril (rotate 5 times), close the test kit, wait 15 minutes

- After 15 minutes an adviser comes back, reviews the results and it will be uploaded to the Navica App.

I will send a screenshot of my results later… We need to do 6, for the kids the process is the same but we, the adults, need to swab the nostrils for them.

Please please please let us know if Royal accepts this test done yourself and being watched by the person. I can't get past the royal site that says (bolding mine):

"The Abbot BinaxNow Rapid Antigen test, if self-administered at home, is not accepted – it is only acceptable if administered by a medical provider with proper documentation provided." 

To me, that is much different than "watched by someone doing it" 

I have a friend that has to use this test and we are just so concerned about it. 

Today is a sea day, and tomorrow back to Cococay since Grace is headed toward Cozumel. We are off the coast of FL TODAY, the folks getting tested day 5, if you depart Saturday. 

B2b cruisers are tested on Friday. We also have champagne toast and then a lobster lunch I’m told for DP340 guests. No officer at the table. I’m sure we will be distanced and that’s fine with me. 

Two pics today. One of the beautiful sea and sky from our balcony. The other of the mocha lattes we got with one of our D+ Drinks. More later. 

9C7D4DC8-ABB4-4CD1-9C36-7EEF1C893BFD.jpeg

87ABD8C4-464C-4494-A7B4-A643715F9C5A.jpeg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, idkanything said:

Please please please let us know if Royal accepts this test done yourself and being watched by the person. I can't get past the royal site that says (bolding mine):

"The Abbot BinaxNow Rapid Antigen test, if self-administered at home, is not accepted – it is only acceptable if administered by a medical provider with proper documentation provided." 

To me, that is much different than "watched by someone doing it" 

I have a friend that has to use this test and we are just so concerned about it. 

This is from Royal- it says supervised, not administered:

Antibody tests will not be accepted. Additionally, home/self-tests will not be accepted unless documentation from a medical professional that they were supervised can be provided.

Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

4 minutes ago, exm said:

Antibody tests will not be accepted. Additionally, home/self-tests will not be accepted unless documentation from a medical professional that they were supervised can be provided.

Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

So I guess I can document that I supervised and administered my own test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I guess I can document that I supervised and administered my own test.

you are missing the “from a medical professional” part, unless you are one.

28 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

Today is a sea day, and tomorrow back to Cococay since Grace is headed toward Cozumel. We are off the coast of FL TODAY, the folks getting tested day 5, if you depart Saturday. 

B2b cruisers are tested on Friday. We also have champagne toast and then a lobster lunch I’m told for DP340 guests. No officer at the table. I’m sure we will be distanced and that’s fine with me. 

Two pics today. One of the beautiful sea and sky from our balcony. The other of the mocha lattes we got with one of our D+ Drinks. More later. 

9C7D4DC8-ABB4-4CD1-9C36-7EEF1C893BFD.jpeg

87ABD8C4-464C-4494-A7B4-A643715F9C5A.jpeg

Does Bill know you are having coffee with John?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, exm said:

You may need to clear your cache. That wording is form the old version. When I click that link, it says :

• Home test kits that are self-administered at home by the guest are also not accepted.
  • The Abbot BinaxNow Rapid Antigen test, if self-administered at home, is not accepted – it is only acceptable if administered by a medical provider with proper documentation provided.

I don't know what to believe anymore. The old version of the website, that you pasted above, totally says we can use this test since its supervised but the new version of the website clearly says we can't unless 'administered by a medical provider.' I"m so tired of stressing about this, which is why I just want someone who actually uses it, to report back and tell me YES! IT'S FINE! .. hoping I'll get that this Saturday. 🙂 It certainly seems that @exm is going to use it so #fingerscrossed. 

I'm not trying to start anything. I just want to know for sure. 

1 minute ago, idkanything said:

You may need to clear your cache. That wording is form the old version. When I click that link, it says :

• Home test kits that are self-administered at home by the guest are also not accepted.
  • The Abbot BinaxNow Rapid Antigen test, if self-administered at home, is not accepted – it is only acceptable if administered by a medical provider with proper documentation provided.

I don't know what to believe anymore. The old version of the website, that you pasted above, totally says we can use this test since its supervised but the new version of the website clearly says we can't unless 'administered by a medical provider.' I"m so tired of stressing about this, which is why I just want someone who actually uses it, to report back and tell me YES! IT'S FINE! .. hoping I'll get that this Saturday. 🙂 It certainly seems that @exm is going to use it so #fingerscrossed. 

We get it — there has been way too much conflicting info that matters, and all of us just want to make sure we have what we need in order to have a fun, and safe cruise.  We aren’t using the home kits (leaving soon to get our tests done at CVS) so I will leave it to exm to keep everyone posted on how it goes on Saturday.  

2 minutes ago, idkanything said:

Appreciate the information and I will let you know by Friday. I highly doubt they will deny us boarding, worse case is that they make us redo another test on the spot. Kids will be tested anyway.

All 6 of us are negative, yay!

• Like 5