One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

A few other updates: I have not been down to the MDR yet, but getting into the WJ is a neat process - a crew member scans your SeaPass when you enter, and another scans when you exit (through a separate door) - this way they can monitor the level of occupancy. I will also say the WJ food was better (at least for lunch) than I remember.. could be that I went in as soon as I boarded, so everything was fresh, but still - I’m considering attempting it for dinner a night or two… I feel like at some point someone asked about bar service and if you were required to sign a ticket if you opted for a beverage package - I got the deluxe before my sailing, and have not been presented with a ticket yet - so pretty normal there (for those wondering, the onboard price of the deluxe package is $84 pp/pd). 
Another neat little touch is that a postcard sized form was waiting for me on my bed to request pool towels - you can request up to 6, and they will be delivered to your stateroom. The usual $25 per non-returned towel applies, and you return them to the towel station on deck 11 - you can also just pick them up at the towel station on deck 11 if you wish.

Oh, and the answer to the BURNING question on everyone’s mind, the “wash your hands” video has been substituted with a social distancing video (which of course has an equally “ear-wormy” tune…

Edited by JasonMason
Added to post
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JasonMason said:

I will also say the WJ food was better (at least for lunch) than I remember.. could be that I went in as soon as I boarded, so everything was fresh, but still - I’m considering attempting it for dinner a night or two… 

They are opening the Windjammer for dinner? 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are opening the Windjammer for dinner? 

That’s a good question, as a matter of fact they are not - there are still other “lighter” casual dining options if you aren’t in the mood for the MDR, but unless you want something from the Cafe Promenade, you are gonna be looking at either specialty, or MDR. We will see if the WJ hours change throughout the cruise, but I suspect not.

1 hour ago, JasonMason said:

Interesting… the 2BR GS next to my cabin still has their SeaPass envelope on the door, I wonder how many just didn’t make the trip at the last minute…

There was a thread from a poster on this board that said she was supposed to be in a 2BR GS on this sailing but tested positive on her pre board Covid test and had to cancel. I wonder if that’s her cabin? 

10 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

There was a thread from a poster on this board that said she was supposed to be in a 2BR GS on this sailing but tested positive on her pre board Covid test and had to cancel. I wonder if that’s her cabin? 

Just checked and that poster was due on Allure of the Seas. Sorry….

On a side note, latest models for soon-to-be-named Grace.

If this holds true, it’s good news for the 8/21 sailing but not sure how the current 8/14 sailing will move around this.

E62FAE38-C36B-434D-86C5-5F123D17D7ED.webp

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Just checked and that poster was due on Allure of the Seas. Sorry….

At least they were able to cruise! Glad it wasn’t a last minute cancellation due to COVID! Just attended the sail away party, it was a ghost town.. it is an eerie feeling to be on a ship with so few people, but this will for sure be a once in a lifetime experience.. I really have to hand it to the crew for how caring and enthusiastic they all are - I’ve never had a bad experience previously, but this team is truly a cut above!

1 hour ago, exm said:

On a side note, latest models for soon-to-be-named Grace.

If this holds true, it’s good news for the 8/21 sailing but not sure how the current 8/14 sailing will move around this.

E62FAE38-C36B-434D-86C5-5F123D17D7ED.webp

Oh boy… we will have to see!! Today was supposed to be pretty rough weather-wise, but we faired pretty well, I specifically held off on booking any CocoCay excursions due to weather uncertainty - but fingers crossed we will have good weather for the rest of the sailing!

Edited by JasonMason
Added to post
  • Like 1

My brother brought some self-tests from Europe. They are like a Euro each, so we did a quick test. They are not overly reliable but still, can’t hurt.

Some random notes from our flight yesterday:

- Anyone coming from the UK, please read my post above

- Coming from the US, only your health visa is sufficient. In the airplane they ask you to fill-out another form. It says “departure” form but it’s needed to enter the country.

- They are very strict with masks here, so bring plenty!

D656B959-AAE0-47AA-905B-446821EEC538.jpeg

• Like 2

The DH just picked up a box of the home tests.  We know they are not acceptable for cruising but thought we might test a week before we cruise for added piece of mind before our antigen tests or we can use them post cruise before returning to work.  Again we know they are not as accurate but just another tool in the tool box we now use for covid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, exm said:

My brother brought some self-tests from Europe. They are like a Euro each, so we did a quick test. They are not overly reliable but still, can’t hurt.

Some random notes from our flight yesterday:

- Anyone coming from the UK, please read my post above

- Coming from the US, only your health visa is sufficient. In the airplane they ask you to fill-out another form. It says “departure” form but it’s needed to enter the country.

- They are very strict with masks here, so bring plenty!

The ‘form’ you receive on your flight into the Bahamas is the immigration form that is stamped upon ‘entry’ and is needed for ‘departure’ so make sure you retain as you will need when you leave the Bahamas.

3 hours ago, exm said:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The DH just picked up a box of the home tests.  We know they are not acceptable for cruising but thought we might test a week before we cruise for added piece of mind before our antigen tests or we can use them post cruise before returning to work.  Again we know they are not as accurate but just another tool in the tool box we now use for covid.

We got some from sams club and honestly it really helped reduce the stress.  We go for our official tests on Wednesday 🙂

Day 2. Had a wonderful day. This evening we went to Giovanni’s for dinner, went to see the headliner, a singer with the RC orchestra playing, and I had forgotten how much I love live entertainment. 18 months without being onboard. 

Then we went to the ice show. RC is the only line that does it. It’s awesome.  I added a clip of one of the 10 ice show cast. Not one slip or fall the whole show. I don’t own the rights to the music, so it may get partially muted. Very talented cast. We were wow’ed. You can see how distanced we are in the theater. They are adhering to the protocols. Masks at the ice show. 

Today, Day 3, is our first of two days at Cococay, RC’s private island.  Having a blast but  with much distancing And masks many places inside. Unvaccinated kids under 12 along with their families have a different story of the theater, and dining room for meals. Enjoy!

8574C916-1394-4CB1-8C88-5AF3546BBE9E.jpeg

C4361197-CFC4-40D0-8819-E1E153C84825.jpeg

2A585F4A-C15A-402D-A98F-1DBDF40AA01B.jpeg

B28891CB-0CBE-4870-9B70-F6B6E3CF8C39.jpeg

760CD191-B9BD-46DF-815B-BCB04B7CC511.jpeg

2AEE5EAC-73DA-43AB-A236-7D735CE979BC.jpeg

29835066-81BA-45A0-A43C-AD1DB40FE48F.jpeg

3C9E9C24-929E-4861-BF2A-BF0EB5336F2E.jpeg

4B7F71D6-1FF0-47F8-AA5C-81900F2E1D75.jpeg

9C1641F9-3228-41D0-A62F-C20FE0491D3B.jpeg

974A544A-43C2-4839-9E27-EAF3BA33B496.jpeg

• Like 8

On 8/14/2021 at 10:45 PM, JasonMason said:

At least they were able to cruise! Glad it wasn’t a last minute cancellation due to COVID! Just attended the sail away party, it was a ghost town.. it is an eerie feeling to be on a ship with so few people, but this will for sure be a once in a lifetime experience.

I am on Odyssey starting 8/22 and reports are there are only supposed to be 600 guests and that does not even include however many cancel at the last minute.  Should be interesting!!

We just got an email stating

"As a requirement to board, all guests age 2 and older will need to present a negative result from a PCR test for COVID-19 taken no more than 3 days before your sail date."

There Getting ready website states:

All guests age 2 and older — regardless of their vaccination status or the length of their cruise — will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal and show their negative test result upon arriving. 

So which is correct?

13 minutes ago, mpsrtpsi said:

"As a requirement to board, all guests age 2 and older will need to present a negative result from a PCR test for COVID-19 taken no more than 3 days before your sail date."

All guests age 2 and older — regardless of their vaccination status or the length of their cruise — will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal and show their negative test result upon arriving. 

So which is correct?

antigen should be fine.

3 hours ago, mpsrtpsi said:

So which is correct?

And people can't understand how some folks get denied boarding for not having things in order. RCI'a conflicting information does not help.

• Like 4