Sailing out of NY

11 hours ago, luvsboozecruises said:

I started this topic , so now My opinion, I don't think so, I think the Mayor of NYC Will want anyone coming to the city to stay in the city and go out to dinner and go to Broadway shows , not coming to the city and getting on a cruise ship, yes most people do stay a day or two before and after, also with the limited  countries allowed here now (who knows what Will happen Down the road with COVID-19 and variants) I'm really leaning to no cruising out of NYC In 2021, I hope I'm wrong, I live  ny and usually do 3  or 4 cruises out of ny And nj each summer, like most of you I do have a bunch coming up, If they sail.🛳️🛳️🛳️ 

I don't really agree with this. DeBlasio want tourists to come back, he wants everything open. It's additional jobs for people who work at the port. With NCL especially requiring full vaccination, I don't see why they wouldn't. It seems pretty in line with their current goals for the city: reopen and vaccinate. I think they are wise enough to know canceling cruises does not mean that people will come to the city instead. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Hope your right, we cancelled our January Oceania cruise and will be booking the Gem for January or February

With you Laszlo. It really feels like we are living the movie Groundhog Day.... get excited and book something / anxiously wait / watch the virus continue to rage / cancel or have cruise line cancel / rinse and repeat. Presently thinking may never  again book anything out of Florida...and probably not even anything out of NYC until late 1st quarter 2022 at earliest...and it truly sux  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

With you Laszlo. It really feels like we are living the movie Groundhog Day.... get excited and book something / anxiously wait / watch the virus continue to rage / cancel or have cruise line cancel / rinse and repeat. Presently thinking may never  again book anything out of Florida...and probably not even anything out of NYC until late 1st quarter 2022 at earliest...and it truly sux  

👍 With my luck will fly to Florida and one of us will test positive for the virus, not being able to get on the ship is bad enough. Then we can't get on a plane to fly home Lol. Nope, not going to chance it. At least going out of NYC we are 90 minutes from the pier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Bermuda posted its Cruise Passenger Travel Authorization requirements today and they are strict! I think the mayor or governor would have a hard time making a case as to why cruising wouldn't be allowed out of NYC. Bermuda is requiring a negative PCR test 4 days prior to embarkation, full vaccination for anyone over 12,  both NCL and Crystal (the two lines sailing out of NYC soon-ish) require antigen testing at the pier, and Bermuda requires another negative PCR test upon arrival in Bermuda before getting off the ship. All that testing, vaccination requirements, and the fact that Bermuda itself is ahead of the US on vaccination really make it clear that cruise passengers would be some of the safest travelers to have in the city!

Sailing 10/10/2021 out of NYC to Bermuda How many covid test are needed? A negative PCR test 4 days prior to embarkation out of NYC now ? Then one before we get on the ship? Then one to get off the ship in Bermuda? Then do we need one to get off the ship in NYC?

10 minutes ago, fsls40 said:

Sailing 10/10/2021 out of NYC to Bermuda How many covid test are needed? A negative PCR test 4 days prior to embarkation out of NYC now ? Then one before we get on the ship? Then one to get off the ship in Bermuda? Then do we need one to get off the ship in NYC?

As of right now, US travelers would not need a test when they disembark. Only non-US citizens or people traveling internationally would need tests.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@JamieLogical

Has NCL informed you officially of these requirements?

I have a feeling that people will be exercing the Peace of Mind guarantee.

Not yet. They were just published this morning on Bermuda's site so I imagine that NCL is still working on putting together communication about it. As of right now, NCL has told us to check back at 21 days out to complete the health & safety portion of our online Check-in, so I imagine the info will be linked there as well. But that won't be until September 5th.

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I hope I'm right too....booked, canceled, booked, canceled, booked, canceled....booked for end of March right now!

As far as I'm concerned....if all I need is the antigen test at the pier....and no masks on the ship....I'll be happy if it's a "cruise to nowhere"!

Agree, especially if it sails at 60% capacity, that would even be better.

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

👍 With my luck will fly to Florida and one of us will test positive for the virus, not being able to get on the ship is bad enough. Then we can't get on a plane to fly home Lol. Nope, not going to chance it. At least going out of NYC we are 90 minutes from the pier

I don't think a negative Covid test is required to fly domestically (possible exception is going to Hawaii.)

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I don't think a negative Covid test is required to fly domestically (possible exception is going to Hawaii.)

I think they meant test positive at embarkation, since NCL is requiring antigen tests prior to boarding. It would definitely suck to fly down to FL only to test positive at the pier and then not be able to get home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I think they meant test positive at embarkation, since NCL is requiring antigen tests prior to boarding. It would definitely suck to fly down to FL only to test positive at the pier and then not be able to get home.

Why wouldn't @Laszlobe able to board a flight from Miami to Philadelphia?  There's no requirement that I know of to present a negative Covid test to the airline, just wear a mask.  Negative Covid tests are required to fly into the United States, not to fly between states (except maybe Hawaii.)

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Bermuda posted its Cruise Passenger Travel Authorization requirements today and they are strict! I think the mayor or governor would have a hard time making a case as to why cruising wouldn't be allowed out of NYC. Bermuda is requiring a negative PCR test 4 days prior to embarkation, full vaccination for anyone over 12,  both NCL and Crystal (the two lines sailing out of NYC soon-ish) require antigen testing at the pier, and Bermuda requires another negative PCR test upon arrival in Bermuda before getting off the ship. All that testing, vaccination requirements, and the fact that Bermuda itself is ahead of the US on vaccination really make it clear that cruise passengers would be some of the safest travelers to have in the city!

Is that for sailings into Bermuda or out of Bermuda as a departure port?  Do you have the link for the requirements?  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, psac said:

Is that for sailings into Bermuda or out of Bermuda as a departure port?  Do you have the link for the requirements?  Thanks!

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

This is for sailing *TO* Bermuda from a US port. Just posted today ahead of the Crystal Cruises sailings out of Boston that start on the 22nd of this month.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, luvsboozecruises said:

I started this topic , so now My opinion, I don't think so, I think the Mayor of NYC Will want anyone coming to the city to stay in the city and go out to dinner and go to Broadway shows , not coming to the city and getting on a cruise ship, 

I see zero chance that the NYC mayor would stand in the way of cruises restarting out of NY.  That would go against the stated push to re-open the city.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Why wouldn't @Laszlobe able to board a flight from Miami to Philadelphia?  There's no requirement that I know of to present a negative Covid test to the airline, just wear a mask.  Negative Covid tests are required to fly into the United States, not to fly between states (except maybe Hawaii.)

Technically speaking, if you have tested positive for COVID, you are supposed to isolate and not fly. When I checked in for my American Airlines flight a couple weekends back, I had a screen where I had to certify that I had not tested positive for COVID for the past X number of days. So if you test positive at the pier and get turned away from your cruise, you should not be boarding an airplane to fly home until after you have isolated the requisite amount of time.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, psac said:

Thanks!  Now I wonder if we also have the option of just not getting the authorization and just staying on the ship if we so desired? 

I called NCL in Miami. Since we'd be in Bermuda waters, even if we opt to stay onboard, we need to do all the Bermuda requirements.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Technically speaking, if you have tested positive for COVID, you are supposed to isolate and not fly. When I checked in for my American Airlines flight a couple weekends back, I had a screen where I had to certify that I had not tested positive for COVID for the past X number of days. So if you test positive at the pier and get turned away from your cruise, you should not be boarding an airplane to fly home until after you have isolated the requisite amount of time.

I stand corrected.  You're correct that if you are fully vaccinated and take a test and test positive, you are supposed to self isolate for 10 days.

Taking a test is not required for domestic air travel but if you take one, you're kind of stuck if it goes bad.  At that point I would probably look for a more reliable test than an antigen test but I think NCL will do further tests if you are positive on the antigen screen.

Someone help me out please.  We are scheduled on the Breakaway 10/31, but arriving NYC on 10/29.  So the 31st is considered the 4th day correct?  Which means we would have to get the PCR test done NLT 10/28.  Here the testing sites say up to 48 hours for results.  Which means by this scenario we would have to fly to NYC without knowing the results of the test.  Am I looking at that incorrectly?

10/28                  10/29                  10/30       10/31

image.png.2f8f9b7221f9fe2f0f279250eb8c606d.png

1 minute ago, quillwercruisers said:

Someone help me out please.  We are scheduled on the Breakaway 10/31, but arriving NYC on 10/29.  So the 31st is considered the 4th day correct?  Which means we would have to get the PCR test done NLT 10/28.  Here the testing sites say up to 48 hours for results.  Which means by this scenario we would have to fly to NYC without knowing the results of the test.  Am I looking at that incorrectly?

You will want to take the test on Wednesday morning for a Sunday sailing.

8 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

You are off by a day in your above columns. Departure Day should be the 31st.

1 minute ago, quillwercruisers said:

Thank you Jamie.  So the Departure Day is actually considered the "5th" day so not included in the 4 days.  I know, I'm overthinking it..  LOL...

Trust me, I thought about it a LOT this morning because I was worried about the implications for our B2B. It's not clear to me if we will need separate travel authorizations for each week and I was freaking out about how to get the authorization for our second week while still onboard our first week sailing. But then I realized we arrive in Bermuda on Wednesday. Bermuda will be administering PCR tests to all passengers in order for us to get off the ship. I should be able to use the results from THAT test for my second week's authorization, if necessary.

• Like 1