My BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag HOME TEST Experience

chamorroroots

4 hours ago, eileen11 said:

I have the test kit but can't figure out how to download the code.  Please help.  I have an IPhone and an IPad.

Eileen

I don't think you have to download any code.  Just the Navica app.  the proctor will scan the code twice, once at the beginning of the test and once at the end when they are reading results.  Maybe someone will come along and clarify further but as long as you have the app, are signed up in the app and have the test kit, you should be good.

19 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I don't think you have to download any code.  Just the Navica app.  the proctor will scan the code twice, once at the beginning of the test and once at the end when they are reading results.  Maybe someone will come along and clarify further but as long as you have the app, are signed up in the app and have the test kit, you should be good.

I ( like several others) did a trial run on my laptop.  I went to the emed.com and it asked me to log into my Navica account.  It tested the sound and video camera and wouldn't let me proceed to the next step until all those checked out ok.  I stopped it there because I wasn't ready to do the actual test.  

5 hours ago, eileen11 said:

I have the test kit but can't figure out how to download the code.  Please help.  I have an IPhone and an IPad.

Eileen

Ok so I think if you do it from the app it makes you try to scan the bar code but if you go to emed.com and take the test from there you don't have to scan the bar code?  I just watched a youtube video where this seemed to be the case.  And if you have created an account on the app you log into emed.com with the same sign in.  I hope that works for you.

6 hours ago, eileen11 said:

Eileen

If you are referring to the QA code, you don’t do anything with it until the proctor instructs you to. They will have you hold the box up to the camera so they can scan it. Then once you open the test there is a matching QA code on the test itself and they have you hold that up to scan. 🙂

2 minutes ago, neongoddess said:

I have purchased the tests and downloaded the Navica app in prepared to test prior to my 10/2 cruise. Do I need to set an appointment with a proctor in advance, or is this done at the same time I take the test? 

No, it's like a walk-in, only using the App or via eMed.com.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

It looks like “other” changed to “none of the above.” I just did a test run, clicked “none of the above” and it started the test. 

3B63713A-D48D-4003-9E9F-DEA8761BA8A6.thumb.jpeg.6941403be2bbfc117a7b282ef33ccb5a.jpeg

If I understand correctly this is for taking the test once you have it in hand.  There are some of us trying to purchase the test and can't because we don't meet the requirements to be able to do so.  There are 5 reasons listed and you have to select one; none of which are other.  When you don't select a reason and just go to the next screen you're told you're not eligible to purchase the test.

12 hours ago, busymomintc said:

The "other" option has been removed at some point.  The only choices are have symptoms, been exposed, at high risk because of employment or living situation and need testing for re-entry into the U.S.   When you don't indicate one of these reasons and just click on next is says you're not eligible and don't meet the requirements to order a test at this time.  I was hoping this would be our solution to testing as you can't find a rapid test testing site around here unless you have symptoms or been exposed.  If you're just needing a test for travel and need it quick because of the 2 day turnaround time there's not any options.  Hopefully things will change.

I had the same problem so I picked the "Travel" option. I don't think it really matters. At least I'm hoping not. 

10 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

It looks like “other” changed to “none of the above.” I just did a test run, clicked “none of the above” and it started the test. 

3B63713A-D48D-4003-9E9F-DEA8761BA8A6.thumb.jpeg.6941403be2bbfc117a7b282ef33ccb5a.jpeg

That's when you are starting the test. She was talking about when she was trying to purchase the test. 

I just received my email from Carnival with information on testing resources.  It includes a link to purchase the BinaxNow tests from Optum and fortunately testing for pre-embarkation on a cruise ship is question 7.  After answering it says you're eligible to purchase.  The downside is they are a bit more expensive than purchasing through emed.

I didn't get the Carnival Corp email yet.  We have a HAL cruise on Oct 2.  I have been debating on what to do.  I just went on the Optum Store and ordered 2 for $69.99 plus tax and should get them in about 3 days.  We might decide to go with a local testing site if I can get an appointment and just have the Binax Now  tests to take with us for backup.  I didn't want to order the 6 from eMed , pay $150 and end up with  6 expired tests.  This has all been so confusing.   Thanks to all who have done all the research and shared information.  Jodie

7 minutes ago, Shirleybird said:

I had the same problem so I picked the "Travel" option. I don't think it really matters. At least I'm hoping not. 

I'm not seeing an option for travel other than the one for pre-departure testing for re-entry into the U.S.  Is what you're referring to?

28 minutes ago, busymomintc said:

I'm not seeing an option for travel other than the one for pre-departure testing for re-entry into the U.S.  Is what you're referring to?

Yes, I couldn't remember the exact verbiage. 

ETA: I have no clue what option other people are picking?!?!?!?

Edited by Shirleybird

45 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I bought mine here https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-and-devices/covid-19-home-tests

I just did a test to buy more and this is what I see. 

I hope this helps anyone having problems. 🙂

D7E11539-2151-4538-91C9-A4453E86CD1D.thumb.jpeg.0903550d91d0d01d4093772c1cdf02a8.jpeg985976B3-147B-4BC3-B322-DF2C5178DF60.thumb.jpeg.e04f4172316a1a62f3cb890a1bf389e4.jpeg67078A78-0E21-4E10-B4EF-D5607EA91081.thumb.png.a365c4827a59faab0c582911eeb44968.png

Yes, but the eMed site doesn't have "cruise" as an option. Only (paraphrasing because I don't have it in front of me) The "travel option" to re-enter the US from internationally. "health care worker" or "symptoms". Instructions say if non apply click NEXT. When you do it says "Sorry you don't qualify for a test". So just went back and selected the re-enter the US travel option. and proceeded.. 

I don't really seeing it being a big deal. How do they know why or should even care I'm taking the test?  I'm sure that they are trying to reserve the test for only those who need it BUT WE NEED IT!!!  lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shirleybird said:

Yes, but the eMed site doesn't have "cruise" as an option. Only (paraphrasing because I don't have it in front of me) The "travel option" to re-enter the US from internationally. "health care worker" or "symptoms". Instructions say if non apply click NEXT. When you do it says "Sorry you don't qualify for a test". So just went back and selected the re-enter the US travel option. and proceeded.. 

I don't really seeing it being a big deal. How do they know why or should even care I'm taking the test?  I'm sure that they are trying to reserve the test for only those who need it BUT WE NEED IT!!!  lol

I understand completely, but if eMed isn’t giving the option, buy from Optum. Carnival has approved Optum also. It’s the same exact test. That is all I was trying to convey. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

There are a number of Posts in this thread that stated the New Abbott BINAX Home Test expiration date is 12 months from date of Manufacture - That is not Correct

The correct date is a three month extension (to the original 9 month) expiration date.

We are approaching the time when many of the original manufactured tests are starting to expire (Mine included). If you attempt to do the proctored test with an expired test, you will not be allowed. The test proctor scans the barcode on the unopened package and will verify the expiration date. 

The new expiration date is an extension of the original 9 month expiration date to a 12 month expiration date (Add three months to the expiration date)

Here are some relevant official Links: ( https://www.fda.gov/media/147409/download),

and the here is the EMED Update letter where you can see the Expiration date Update. It is NOT 12 months from Manufacture date as some have stated.

: ( https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW™%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Update%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en),

Just trying to make sure people understand the somewhat confusing expiration date extension, and what is the correct extension date - and do not get...surprised with an invalid test when they through they were good to go with their purchased test.

• 1 month later...