My BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag HOME TEST Experience

chamorroroots

On 9/3/2021 at 3:38 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

24/7

They are 24 hours a day. When you get ready to do the test just click start test and the computer will give you a countdown shoeing you how long your approximate wait time is. 

to be prepared, have each person being tested download the NAVICA app and create a login and profile before you are ready to test. Each person being tested will need to start their own test. If you see a longer wait time go ahead and start the test for each person and y’all can wait together. But you will likely have different proctors. 

8 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

They are 24 hours a day. When you get ready to do the test just click start test and the computer will give you a countdown shoeing you how long your approximate wait time is. 

to be prepared, have each person being tested download the NAVICA app and create a login and profile before you are ready to test. Each person being tested will need to start their own test. If you see a longer wait time go ahead and start the test for each person and y’all can wait together. But you will likely have different proctors. 

If we have a  cruiser with a disability....can we help him with the test or do they require you to be alone doing the test..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

If we have a  cruiser with a disability....can we help him with the test or do they require you to be alone doing the test..

I have not done this test yet, but I do know that adults need to be present with a minor, so no you don't have to be alone.  I really can not imagine that they would ever say someone with a disability could not have assistance.  I think as long as they see the person who is signed up for the test having the swab done, even by someone else, it should be fine.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I have not done this test yet, but I do know that adults need to be present with a minor, so no you don't have to be alone.  I really can not imagine that they would ever say someone with a disability could not have assistance.  I think as long as they see the person who is signed up for the test having the swab done, even by someone else, it should be fine.  

Good answer. I agree totally. As they can see the person(or persons) on camera, everything should be fine.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 8:42 PM, lookitsmikel said:

If anyone lives in Ohio, the state gives these out for free. You can get them from most public libraries. If you go to Ohio.emed.com and click the “free test pickup”, you can find a list of locations. I asked my local health department and they happily gave me 4 of them no questions asked. 

Wait...seriously!! I was just getting ready to order as a backup plan becuse the rapid test appts are getting harder come by. I will check this out......

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

As others have said I think as long as they can see you and the test card and the swab at all times there shouldn’t be a problem. 

4 hours ago, topaz123 said:

We received our 6 pack last week and did a trial run to make sure we were all set for our October cruise. Myself and my husband were in the camera, although he is the only one who tested. We asked the proctor if it was ok, as I wanted to see the process. They said it was perfectly fine as long as the card, swab and my husband stayed in the cameras view at all times. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ladybug5 said:

On the Navica site, Is it possible to use 1 Iphone & 1 email address for 2 people? I created 1 account on my Iphone & it will not let me create another account with the same email.

you need a unique email for each account/person taking the test.  The online and app accounts link together. They send your results to both the email and the app.  One of the questions they ask during the testing video call is if you are the account owner.  

Hi.  Does anybody else have this lot # on their BinaxNow test?   It shows it expires in 10/5/21.  Yet I've seen where a lot have been extended for 3 months.  I just can't find info on my exact lot #    I've been on hold with the company for 2 hours.   Thanks.  20210909_175234.thumb.jpg.59f319f21c0ebe9807a0f0131acd47dd.jpg

19 minutes ago, Sgt. Jeff said:

Hi.  Does anybody else have this lot # on their BinaxNow test?   It shows it expires in 10/5/21.  Yet I've seen where a lot have been extended for 3 months.  I just can't find info on my exact lot #    I've been on hold with the company for 2 hours.   Thanks.  20210909_175234.thumb.jpg.59f319f21c0ebe9807a0f0131acd47dd.jpg

I received confirmation this morning in less than 10-minutes that the expiry date on the box is extended by 3-months by the FDA. As for multiple people, the testing staff don't know about the ordering process to my understanding. All that is necessary is separate email accounts and login to the Navica app. Essentially, the 6-pack should allow you to test 6 people.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 1:31 PM, Tiger0613 said:

Can two people use the same phone if they use different email addresses?  My mom doesn't have or want a smartphone, and her laptop is acting up.

After writing a long reply, I realized I misread your question.  So you are basically wanting to know if people can log in and out of the app under different accounts?  I haven't done it yet but I'll be curious to see what other people say.  I bet you can.

Edited by rlindholm

1 hour ago, rlindholm said:

After writing a long reply, I realized I misread your question.  So you are basically wanting to know if people can log in and out of the app under different accounts?  I haven't done it yet but I'll be curious to see what other people say.  I bet you can.

I'm wondering the same. I don't have a laptop. My husbands phone won't support the app, so that leaves only my phone and no camera on the desktop pc.

30 minutes ago, sammee said:

I'm wondering the same. I don't have a laptop. My husbands phone won't support the app, so that leaves only my phone and no camera on the desktop pc.

I won't test for another couple of weeks but I went ahead and downloaded the app and signed up just to see.  You can sign out and then create another account.  Just an FYI, when you sign up, you will have to be able to  check your email for a verification code, so if you are signing someone else up on your phone, make sure they have access to their email during the sign up process.

• Like 1