My BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag HOME TEST Experience

chamorroroots

14 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I won't test for another couple of weeks but I went ahead and downloaded the app and signed up just to see.  You can sign out and then create another account.  Just an FYI, when you sign up, you will have to be able to  check your email for a verification code, so if you are signing someone else up on your phone, make sure they have access to their email during the sign up process.

Thank you, that will make it a little easier.

This is what I found on the emed site. If I have read it correctly the expiration date is now one year after manufacture.           Angela Drysdale VP, Regulatory Affairs Abbott Diagnostics Scarborough, Inc. 10 Southgate Road Scarborough, ME 04074 Re: EUA202537/S002 Trade/Device Name: BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Dated: March 23, 2021 Received: March 24, 2021 Dear Ms. Drysdale: This is to notify you that your request to update the shelf-life expiration date of the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card to 12 months at room temperature (28–30°C) based on the results of your ongoing stability studies, is granted. Upon review, we concur that the data and information submitted in EUA202537/S002 supports the requested updates for use with the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card. FDA have updated the Healthcare Provider and Patient Fact Sheets to reflect more recent authorizations. By submitting this EUA revision for review by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), you have complied with the Conditions of Authorization stated in the letter authorizing the emergency use of the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card re-issued on December 16, 2020. Sincerely yours, ____________________________ Uwe Scherf, M.Sc., Ph.D. Director, Division of Microbiology Devices OHT7: Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Healt

1 hour ago, KyloRen said:

Hi all! I ordered the 6 pack bitax from the website. I can use this on all 6 guests right? (the box is here I just have not opened it yet)

People have said that they have used them on multiple people.  I don't remember anyone saying they used a 6 pack on 6 separate people,  but you should be able to.  The tests each come in their own box. For example I bought a 3 pack.  There were 3 boxes shoved in the packing envelope, so its not like they were packaged together originally. There is nothing that connects any of the tests to each other if that makes sense.  And there is nothing that connects the test to you just because you bought it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

hose aren't valid for Carnival. They aren't proctored by eMed. They are pretty much useless tests other than personal edification.

Yesterday I searched absolutely everywhere (locally and online) for these tests, and the only places I could find the proctored tests (accepted by Carnival) were eMed and Optum.  

Yesterday afternoon, eMed was showing "out of stock" however, it looks like they are once again selling them today, with a limit of one (6-pack) per order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KyloRen said:

Hi all! I ordered the 6 pack bitax from the website. I can use this on all 6 guests right? (the box is here I just have not opened it yet)

When I ordered my test kits from EMED, the website asked if it was for one or multiple individuals. I check multiple individuals. I then had to give the FN and LN + DOB of each individual that would be taking the test. I ordered it yesterday, said to be delivered before 8 PM today. That's all I know on the subject so far.

For anyone that has used this to board recently…….did embarkation staff accept your results via your phone OR did you have to present a printed copy? Asking because we will be taking our test in our hotel room and may not have access to a printer. Thanks for your help .. and as always … HAPPY HEALTHY SAILING!

Edited by debnrick
  • Like 1

You can always send it to staples@printme.com or officedepot@printme.com to print at Staples or office Depot respectively. Then you can go to a store and print it at one of the self service printer/copiers in the store.

It will probably print more legibly if you print to pdf and email that document.

Another option in a pinch may be to take a screenshot and print it as a photo at Walgreens or CVS. If you try this, please report on your success/failure.

Edited by zzdoug
More ideas
  • Like 1

Hope this helps to any one who only has 1 email. You can use 1 email for multiple people with each having their on login. When you are creating a login on the Navica app you will notice a circle with a person in the top right corner touch it and you will get the Account & Settings. Go mid way & you will see managed Profiles. Go to create managed profile and create another login for someone else. When it comes time for testing & you go thru Emed you will find all of the managed profiles available & then you can test each individually. You do each have to go separately and have your own countdowns & your own proctors, but all can be accomplished with 1 email and get all your printouts. My husband & I have gone thru the process to try it out and it worked. Will do for real next weekend. Good luck to all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Ladybug5 said:

Hope this helps to any one who only has 1 email. You can use 1 email for multiple people with each having their on login. When you are creating a login on the Navica app you will notice a circle with a person in the top right corner touch it and you will get the Account & Settings. Go mid way & you will see managed Profiles. Go to create managed profile and create another login for someone else. When it comes time for testing & you go thru Emed you will find all of the managed profiles available & then you can test each individually. You do each have to go separately and have your own countdowns & your own proctors, but all can be accomplished with 1 email and get all your printouts. My husband & I have gone thru the process to try it out and it worked. Will do for real next weekend. Good luck to all.

Thank you so much for this info!  I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

9 minutes ago, lidoplease said:

I wanted to buy the tests, but they first ask why I wanted them and none of the options were for travel, except returning to US. Perhaps this is new? But I couldn't lie and purchase them. The other options were symptoms, exposure,  etc. Nothing that applies to us.

Do you live in an area where cases are on the rise?  Then you have an increased chance of exposure.

The "other" option has been removed at some point.  The only choices are have symptoms, been exposed, at high risk because of employment or living situation and need testing for re-entry into the U.S.   When you don't indicate one of these reasons and just click on next is says you're not eligible and don't meet the requirements to order a test at this time.  I was hoping this would be our solution to testing as you can't find a rapid test testing site around here unless you have symptoms or been exposed.  If you're just needing a test for travel and need it quick because of the 2 day turnaround time there's not any options.  Hopefully things will change.

1 hour ago, busymomintc said:

The "other" option has been removed at some point.  The only choices are have symptoms, been exposed, at high risk because of employment or living situation and need testing for re-entry into the U.S.   When you don't indicate one of these reasons and just click on next is says you're not eligible and don't meet the requirements to order a test at this time.  I was hoping this would be our solution to testing as you can't find a rapid test testing site around here unless you have symptoms or been exposed.  If you're just needing a test for travel and need it quick because of the 2 day turnaround time there's not any options.  Hopefully things will change.

It looks like “other” changed to “none of the above.” I just did a test run, clicked “none of the above” and it started the test. 

3B63713A-D48D-4003-9E9F-DEA8761BA8A6.thumb.jpeg.6941403be2bbfc117a7b282ef33ccb5a.jpeg