Just canceled Horizon cruise for Aug 21

Iplayslots

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Bingo, no fear mongering for me.  There will always be something, I chose live for today, and doing it intelligently   

Best post of the day - or even the year!  😊  Life is short!  DH and I choose to go on about our daily lives, while doing so wisely - just like we did BEFORE CV19.  Yesterday is gone - tomorrow will worry about itself.  Live for today and count it as a blessing!  🥰

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, LHARTWICK said:

Best post of the day - or even the year!  😊  Life is short!  DH and I choose to go on about our daily lives, while doing so wisely - just like we did BEFORE CV19.  Yesterday is gone - tomorrow will worry about itself.  Live for today and count it as a blessing!  🥰

I lost 17 months of travel that was out of my control.  As you said, life is to short.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, Iplayslots said:

We just canceled our cruise for next week.  Too stressful to take a vacation with all these rules. Not the right time. 
stay home, stress free, no mask, no testing, no islands with restrictions, no flying with a mask on for hours.  
never thought canceling a vacation could feel so liberating. Strange, but true.  

I share your feelings...just so, so many hoops to jump .....We used to look forward to our cruises, now...maybe it's time to rethink until this craziness ends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topaz123 said:

I share your feelings...just so, so many hoops to jump .....We used to look forward to our cruises, now...maybe it's time to rethink until this craziness ends.

We thought a year ago it would have ended by today. I see posts saying can I move my nov cruise to next feb .. as if they think feb it will be gone.

Saying you will wait until its ended .. cant stay home forever or you might have other mental issues. There is absolutely no sign that covid is going away. Either live with it or you dont.

Patti and I are on the Horizon now,  and we feel that having to wear masks at times has not diminished our experience that much. We've  been wearing them for the last year and a half so no big deal for us. It's up to each individual as to whether wearing a mask at times is acceptable to them. If not, by all means cancel, get a refund, or reschedule. I feel that things will probably not change for the rest of this year. Cruise on! 😎

Just wanted to add that the most stressful part has been the Covid test 3 days prior!

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti and I are on the Horizon now,  and we feel that having to wear masks at times has not diminished our experience that much. We've  been wearing them for the last year and a half so no big deal for us. It's up to each individual as to whether wearing a mask at times is acceptable to them. If not, by all means cancel, get a refund, or reschedule. I feel that things will probably not change for the rest of this year. Cruise on! 😎

Just wanted to add that the most stressful part has been the Covid test 3 days prior!

Well said Jeff, enjoy the rest of your cruise.