Harmony of the Seas

Hi,

I’m also quite confused about Italy entry requirements, one page says I need a form, another says cruise visitors are exempt. Has anyone from the UK on here who has been on harmony able to advise if you needed to fill in a form to get off the ship in Italy?

thanks,

2 hours ago, mm8516_02 said:

Hi,

I’m also quite confused about Italy entry requirements, one page says I need a form, another says cruise visitors are exempt. Has anyone from the UK on here who has been on harmony able to advise if you needed to fill in a form to get off the ship in Italy?

thanks,

All passengers entering Italian ports of call need to complete the following form:

https://app.euplf.eu/#/

UK & Northern Ireland passengers are required to complete a antigen test the evening before (complimentary).

On arrival at Pompeii today everyone entering was asked to show their vaccine card/certs.

Whole process sounds more complicated but in reality it all went smoothly, albeit we were kept in our groups and no wandering off. 

Hope that helps. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, MelKaps said:

To those who already sailed, can you provide some summaries/reviews of the shore excursions you’ve been on? Curious to hear your experiences with the required excursions in Italy.

We went on two RCL shore excursions this week. In Palma we just got a taxi to the beach, everyone was free to move around.

In Pisa, it really felt like a school tour, corralled into our group, very little time at the tower in Pisa and then back on the bus.

Naples & Pompeii much more relaxed whilst still staying within the guidelines.

Both trips there was plenty of space on the buses, bottled water handed out and restroom stops. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 8:18 PM, Surfguyxxx said:

I am so sorry for you both.  I feel your pain; my husband got cancer about 1 month before a cruise a number of years ago and we asked the doctor if we could postpone treatment until after the cruise.  He said sure, but you're probably not going to live.  Thank god for insurance.  I'll be rooting for you!

Omg. So sorry you went through that. 

So, just to update the topic.

We are onboard at the moment.

There are 1200 passengers so it feels very empty and the usual buzz is missing. Consequently, the crew are falling over themselves to provide us with top class service.

Masks are required indoors whenever you are moving around, with the exception of the gym, where no masks are required.

Masks are not required outdoors but lots of people are wearing them anyway when moving around or if it's busy.

Masks are also required at all show venues.

The WJ is closed for dinner, Johnny Rockets is closed for breakfast and the Solarium Bistro is only open for dinner.

Shows must be booked in the app once you get on board so do it straight away. We boarded later because we visited the Sagrada Familia in the morning and by the time we got on board some things were booked out. We were not able to connect to the ship's wifi in the terminal.

The menus in the app are accurate if anyone needs to plan their dining. The food is good but there is less variety and quantity, of course, in the WJ.

I have not forgotten I need to find out about the teen club for someone who posted earlier in the thread. I will try and do that today. I have not seen any teens on board and only a handful of little kids.

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to find out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

The WJ is closed for dinner, Johnny Rockets is closed for breakfast and the Solarium Bistro is only open for dinner.

Thank you for doing this - it is really useful for those of us who are follow in your footsteps in the next few weeks.

PS one thing that would be very useful intel if you got to speak with one of the senior officers is what the ‘on board’ expectations are around what’s happening with the transatlantic at the end of October - what do they know, are they preparing for non US on o be on the sailing… basically anything! Thanks in advance for any intel.

45 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Thank you for doing this - it is really useful for those of us who are follow in your footsteps in the next few weeks.

PS one thing that would be very useful intel if you got to speak with one of the senior officers is what the ‘on board’ expectations are around what’s happening with the transatlantic at the end of October - what do they know, are they preparing for non US on o be on the sailing… basically anything! Thanks in advance for any intel.

Yes, I will try and do that for you, no problem. There is an Italian senior officer in the dining facilities who is actively engaging conversation with the passengers, so he may know. Failing that, there is a Captain's Corner on the last day that we usually attend. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Yes, thank you for all the info.  As BigRoger said it would be helpful if you were able to find out anything at all about the upcoming TA and whether it will sail with or without passengers.  Thank you again and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, s_kuegeler said:

We are travelling on Oct. 14th from Rome with two teens. If anybody cruises before us, could you please check if fuel and the living room is open for the teens and perhaps post a copy of the teens compass, if that's available. You can't find it in the app and only a few activities for teens are listed, like Karaokee or the flow rider.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Sandra

I just spoke with a member of the youth staff. 

The facilities are open for teens to hang out but they are not allowed to organise parties or discos for them (government rules). 

They do have activities such as the flow rider and sports for the teens.

There is not much on for them this week as there are so few but she said they are expecting larger numbers in the second half of October when a lot of European schools have their half term break. She said they would be organising more activities when the numbers are up.

There is a karaoke session every evening, so it is allowed and if the teens show enough interest it would be possible to do a dedicated teen one.

She said not to worry, for sure your teens will have a great time.

Hope that helps. 😊

Edited by FionaMG
Sp.
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know how strict RC are with leaving teenagers on-board. My wife and I are travelling from the UK on the 24th Oct with our 17 year old (almost 18, who will be double vaccinated!) and our 14 year old who will only have 1 jab.

My understanding is as our youngest who is not double vaccinated can only get off at Mallorca and do an excursion, however if me and my wife wanted to get off could we leave the kids on-board?

Reading the stuff from RC it seems like only younger kids checked into kids club can be left but older teenagers can't be left alone. I'm assuming we could do a sort of tag team where me and my son get off for a few hours and the my wife and son get off for a few hours. I wonder if they would check though if me and my wife just got off?

Also anyone from the UK got any recommendations for where to get a PCR test for our 14 year old?

Incidentally we were booked on a similar cruise on the 23rd with MSC which we booked over a year ago. Thought we'd try MSC for a change as we've done quite a few RC cruises. MSC a couple of weeks ago changed their policy that all travelers over the age of 12 from the UK must be double vaccinated, ruling out our youngest so cancelled and booked this instead 🙂

Edited by turboless

17 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I just spoke with a member of the youth staff. 

The facilities are open for teens to hang out but they are not allowed to organise parties or discos for them (government rules). 

They do have activities such as the flow rider and sports for the teens.

There is not much on for them this week as there are so few but she said they are expecting larger numbers in the second half of October when a lot of European schools have their half term break. She said they would be organising more activities when the numbers are up.

There is a karaoke session every evening, so it is allowed and if the teens show enough interest it would be possible to do a dedicated teen one.

She said not to worry, for sure your teens will have a great time.

Hope that helps. 😊

Thank you so much Fiona. I hope you enjoy your cruise, even with all the questions we have.

Our Teens are really exiceted for the cruise. Our daughter will take part in the Cambridge Certificate Testing in December and hopes to meet some teens from the UK, so she can practice a bit on the speaking part. I think it's sad, that there are no parties for the teens, but I think the Disco for the adults is also closed, because dancing seems not to be allowed.

Nonetheless I think we will have a great time.

Sandra

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
26 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I've never tried Johnny Rockets for breakfast.  I'll probably give it a try on 10/20 cruise.  Thanks.

We’ve always loved JR for breakfast…. Not a huge menu of options but opportunity to sit outdoors and have waiter service is great

13 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

We’ve always loved JR for breakfast…. Not a huge menu of options but opportunity to sit outdoors and have waiter service is great

I love it, too, but, not a healthy thing on that menu!  I limit to once per cruise because I order The Works with a Sunnyside up egg on top at the recommendation of a crew member long ago. If JR remains closed on the TA, I saw something similar to the works has been added to the MDR menu. 🤤

• Like 1

Fiona MG, hope you’re having a great time. We’ll be in the 17 Oct sailing and I’m looking at excursions in Rome and Naples. Are you doing any? Just wondering how they are having to stay with the group etc. Also any thoughts on if they should be pre-booked or wait until on board?

Thanks so much in advance. No worries if this doesn’t apply to you, please enjoy the rest of your cruise 🙂

10 hours ago, jjsparkles said:

Fiona MG, hope you’re having a great time. We’ll be in the 17 Oct sailing and I’m looking at excursions in Rome and Naples. Are you doing any? Just wondering how they are having to stay with the group etc. Also any thoughts on if they should be pre-booked or wait until on board?

Thanks so much in advance. No worries if this doesn’t apply to you, please enjoy the rest of your cruise 🙂

We are enjoying our cruise. 🙂

We are not doing any excursions as they are outrageously expensive.

Definitely book in advance in the cruise planner; they are even more expensive on board. If you tell me which ones you're interested in I will get you the onboard prices.

Guest BigRoger
13 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Definitely book in advance in the cruise planner; they are even more expensive on board. If you tell me which ones you're interested in I will get you the onboard prices.

Yep we got the feeling that RC actually don’t want people to get off but feel obliged to offer something at each port (and then are disincentivising people going on the tours through pricing - and if too few end up booking the tour gets cancelled…).

I understand why though because the last thing they want is a press story about ‘Covid rampant’ when in reality it might be a couple of people who went on a tour…. They rightly want the stats that shows how many people have sailed and how many cases were found on board to ‘prove’ effectiveness of protocols…..

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

So appreciate all the information you are providing!

I am also especially interested in excursions. If you should hear anything specific about the Amalfi/Pompeii excursion in Naples (have that one booked but would cancel it if reviews are unfavorable) or in La Spezia (nothing booked there as nothing seems worth the price but you never know) I would appreciate it.

Also, I was wondering how difficult it is to make dining/show reservations. I will board in Rome so can't use the app and will be off timewise (i.e. when I board guests who got on in Barcelona already had four days to make reservations for the first two or three days of my cruise). I am also a little concerned because on the app it looks like everything is set up for guests getting on in Barcelona (e.g. tour of spa, Bingo with suite as price etc.). Any information on that would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Yep we got the feeling that RC actually don’t want people to get off but feel obliged to offer something at each port (and then are disincentivising people going on the tours through pricing - and if too few end up booking the tour gets cancelled…).

I understand why though because the last thing they want is a press story about ‘Covid rampant’ when in reality it might be a couple of people who went on a tour…. They rightly want the stats that shows how many people have sailed and how many cases were found on board to ‘prove’ effectiveness of protocols…..

Yes, but we can get off in Spain to do our own thing so it isn't really a bubble anyway.