Harmony of the Seas

Barcelona were for us nearly the same. But People had to stay home between 1 and 6 o clock in the night. Many People al around in Day and evening time. 

Thy opened the Doors a little before 11. The online test proces did not work. So they did it with pen and paper. After that it tolk 1 jour to get our result. They couldn t find it. Other guests got their result more quick. We were aboard 12.30.

The rooms were ready, offcourse because we were the first guests in 17 Month. The crew is fantastic and we got a fantastic lunch in the Windjammer. We had a wonderful Celine Dion show in the evening 10.15. The siger was crying after the show because she has ben off the stage for 17 Month. I think we All were crying. It is very speciale to be the first guests for so long time. We Will never forget this Cruise. 

The cruisedirector is Michelle. A Nice Guy from Napoli in Italy. The captain is Patrick. I Can t tell hos many People we Are because I hear different. I Will find out. 

Now we Are in Palma. I have to see the wiew before we Will Come to our pier. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Barcelona were for us nearly the same. But People had to stay home between 1 and 6 o clock in the night. Many People al around in Day and evening time. 

Thy opened the Doors a little before 11. The online test proces did not work. So they did it with pen and paper. After that it tolk 1 jour to get our result. They couldn t find it. Other guests got their result more quick. We were aboard 12.30.

The rooms were ready, offcourse because we were the first guests in 17 Month. The crew is fantastic and we got a fantastic lunch in the Windjammer. We had a wonderful Celine Dion show in the evening 10.15. The siger was crying after the show because she has ben off the stage for 17 Month. I think we All were crying. It is very speciale to be the first guests for so long time. We Will never forget this Cruise. 

The cruisedirector is Michelle. A Nice Guy from Napoli in Italy. The captain is Patrick. I Can t tell hos many People we Are because I hear different. I Will find out. 

Now we Are in Palma. I have to see the wiew before we Will Come to our pier. 

Thank you for posting about your cruise, hope to hear more as the week goes on. Do you know how many passengers are on board?  Have a wonderful time!!!

We Are now in Civichaveccia. We have until now had a Wonderfull time onboard. We Are around 1000 guest. And 1000 crew. Now mask outside on the ship. Thats great. 

The ship feels most emty on nighttime. Very fue People on Royal Promenade, on the Boardwalk and in Central Park.There are music in the bars as usual but not many People. Windjammer is closed in the evening so then there is more People on deck 3 in the restaurant. Everything is running on the ship but only few People to use it. The crew realy do a Hard job. It is not easy when we Are so little guest so the service is great All over the ship and the food is exelent. People use the shoreexcurtions. In Palma we could go by our self. There were a shuttlebus running from the ship to the Cathedral and back. Price 10 Euro. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

We Are now in Civichaveccia. We have until now had a Wonderfull time onboard. We Are around 1000 guest. And 1000 crew. Now mask outside on the ship. Thats great. 

The ship feels most emty on nighttime. Very fue People on Royal Promenade, on the Boardwalk and in Central Park.There are music in the bars as usual but not many People. Windjammer is closed in the evening so then there is more People on deck 3 in the restaurant. Everything is running on the ship but only few People to use it. The crew realy do a Hard job. It is not easy when we Are so little guest so the service is great All over the ship and the food is exelent. People use the shoreexcurtions. In Palma we could go by our self. There were a shuttlebus running from the ship to the Cathedral and back. Price 10 Euro. 

Thanks for the update. It's very helpful and I am glad things are going well and you are enjoying your cruise. 😊

6 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Thank you so much more posting!  It must be interesting to be on such a large ship with (relatively) so few passengers.

You mention the shore excursions and that you explored on your own in Palma.   Do they require that non-vaccinated passengers use Ship sponsored excursions?  Or are there any restrictions on going on your own?  

Also, you mention that there is music in the bars.  Are the "big" shows operating?  Grease etc. in the main theater and the Aqua Theater shows?

Edited by Brucemcdou

8 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us ! Me and my wife are still considering to take this cruise mid September, but the situation around the mandatory RCL tours for the 3 stops in Italy is holding us back now. I would be really interested if these tours are indeed mandatory and if you are restricted to stay with the group or not. In other words, if we book the tour package, can we go ashore and go our own way instead of actually taking the tour?

On Mallorca its only adults there Are vaccinated there Can go by yourself. 

In La Spezia we had to stay in the group but we were in a bar where we could by Coffee, drinks and souvenirs. 

We were walkkng around many People at the Leaning Tower in Pisa. 

The iceskating show and the Aquashow is running. We have booked our shows when we boarded. 

In the teatre there is a singer doing Celine Dion songs very good, 4 fantastic singers called Forever and a danish young man doing Magic things very good. No musical and No acrobatic shows. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, dh1968 said:

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us ! Me and my wife are still considering to take this cruise mid September, but the situation around the mandatory RCL tours for the 3 stops in Italy is holding us back now. I would be really interested if these tours are indeed mandatory and if you are restricted to stay with the group or not. In other words, if we book the tour package, can we go ashore and go our own way instead of actually taking the tour?

That's beating the system..........great thinking. Sure glad we  shifted our Europe sailing to 2023 when things may be better.

Maybe they find out you left the tour and then when you come back to ship they don't allow you to board the ship? You okay with that?  Seems fair?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

I just don't get it. When booking this cruise I didn't see any informations on mandatory excursions in Italy. It simply doesn't make sense. You're able to exit Palma on your own, you are able to have free time in Italy during your mandatory excursions but you're unable to go out on your own without leaving your cc details. Also there are far more COVID cases in Spain than in Italy. Seems to me like a way to make additional money. I know we are in weird and tough times but I think RCI should be much clearer and more transparent on their terms. I will wait for their September guidelines but if the current policy still exists I will move this cruise to later date.

1 hour ago, dh1968 said:

In other words, if we book the tour package, can we go ashore and go our own way instead of actually taking the tour?

they will not let you back on the ship. There is precedent from this year in Europe, I seem to recall.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dh1968 said:

In other words, if we book the tour package, can we go ashore and go our own way instead of actually taking the tour?

Since @dh1968 wasn't the person quoted on the previous response:

I would very strongly suggest otherwise.  There has been a precedent set of putting those people off the ship in the current port when they are caught.  Please don't break the rules that are there for a reason.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very nice to hear! I would like to know is the shore excursions very expensive to do in italy if you are not able to go ashore by yourself?

And how about other activities on board: can you still surf and climb on the wall?

59 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Every Thing is running as usual without parties. We got 50 % discount on our excurtion. They Are expensive

Is that before or after Royal jacked up the price of the excursion?

• Like 1