Carnival Horizon 14 Day B2B Southern/Eastern Caribbean Review

jam19872016

Service here was even faster than the dining room, and believe it or not I actually enjoyed my entire meal in just over a half an hour. I was seated in front of the kitchen and it was amazing to see how fast they were cranking out everyone's orders.

Jiji's is my favorite dining concept on Carnival and I am disappointed that it is not being added on any more ships. Looks like only Vista class and the Sunshine will have Jiji's which is too bad because the food is simply amazing. I plan to eat here four times during my B2B since I will not likely be on any ship with this restaurant again.

Now the one slight disappointment. This has been a trend in the dining room as well but I was disappointed to see it here as well. The portions are definitely smaller than what you would get in the past. I understand the need to trim costs right now and I have a bigger appetite than most I would say, but to me the cherry on top of a great dining experience is leaving with that completely satisfied full feeling and I just did not get that. I would still highly recommend eating here and look forward to my return visits.

The menu in the dining room tonight.

Screenshot_20210810-185356_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20210810-185403_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20210810-185411_Carnival%20HU

Back in the room my mom had arrived back from her MDR dinner and already moved our towel friend for this evening.

20210810_190911-XL.jpg

We watched another movie and after that I headed out to try and do a few things this evening. The plan was to listen to some music at the Pig & Anchor and then head to the Silent Party in the Limelight Lounge.

First I enjoyed a bacon doughnut from JavaBlue.

20210810_215337-XL.jpg

Seriously, so good and totally worth $3 for an occasional treat.

• Like 1

Next it was off to the Pig & Anchor for a Bloody Mary with a contraband straw I brought with me.

20210810_222040-XL.jpg

Dang that thing was good! If you enjoy a good Bloody Mary, this is another must try. I am going to try to enjoy a few more of those this trip.

I tried to get into the music, but unfortunately there was a group of 16 right by the stage that was enjoying themselves and easily drowning out the singers. When they would try to sing louder, the group just got louder. Enjoy yourself, but maybe sit further back from the stage if you are a large group in a music venue.

I walked outside to take a walk and this is what I encountered on the Lanai.

20210810_223707-XL.jpg

I walked to the other side and encountered the same. I hope these are not closed off permanently I do enjoy being able to walk to the front of the ship on the ships with the full walk around deck.

I retreated to my room at which point my bed started calling me so I turned in a little early tonight.

Next up, Curacao.

32 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

walked to the other side and encountered the same. I hope these are not closed off permanently I do enjoy being able to walk to the front of the ship on the ships with the full walk around deck.

Me too!  

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Dinner was so fast tonight that they were still working on my room so I took a walk around the outside decks.

Aruba in the distance.

20210810_185858-XL.jpg

20210810_185908-XL.jpg

20210810_185914-XL.jpg

The sun was setting.

20210810_190133-XL.jpg

I can hear Star Wars music as I watch this. *lol* Gorgeous sunset ☀️  

9 hours ago, audcc77 said:

What is this?

It's a dance set up in an area where everyone wears headphones and there are usually 3 different songs to listen to.  You then dance around and try to figure out who else is listening to your song.  Sometimes the station you're listening to is tied into a certain color that lights up on your headphones 🎧

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's a dance set up in an area where everyone wears headphones and there are usually 3 different songs to listen to.

I’m only a closet dancer but this sounds like it’d be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, kskelley40 said:

Don't know if I missed it, but what were the procedures for the B2B transition?  Testing, day of second cruise etc?

I am wondering this too!  Does Carnival administer the test?  Is there a cost for filly vaxxed cruisers?

10 hours ago, 80sGal said:

I am wondering this too!  Does Carnival administer the test?  Is there a cost for filly vaxxed cruisers?

My understanding from other posts is that Carnival will administer the test either on the last night or once they take you off board to go through customs.  No cost.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UC2021cruise said:

This review is awesome! Leaving on Horizon on Sunday. Is there more to the review? I can't get enough of it!

We're less than 4 weeks out and appreciate everyone's feedback that has cruised recently.  

On 8/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, kskelley40 said:

Don't know if I missed it, but what were the procedures for the B2B transition?  Testing, day of second cruise etc?

17 hours ago, 80sGal said:

The cost is covered by Carnival. It is administered on turnaround day at the port. It was a bit of a mess, I will cover in greater detail when I get to that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 5:22 PM, audcc77 said:

What is this?

I've not made it to one yet but the other posters did a good job of explaining how I think it goes. Sounds like fun and one of these days I'm going to make it to one.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:50 PM, Terab85 said:

I can hear Star Wars music as I watch this. *lol* Gorgeous sunset ☀️  

Thank you.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, jimbri said:

Great review!

Thank you.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, JaniceB said:

Did you find out why the lanai was blocked off?

No, but I have a theory. I think to help with social distancing among the crew this area was set aside for them. There were some other areas up on Lido blocked off being utilized by crew to eat. If it is temporary I'm good with it.

My employer has made our lives more difficult than necessary with covid protocols like removing chairs so we can social distance on break, but with no alternate so we just have to stand around and eat. Coming in the back door for a temp check but still have to park in the normal spot and huff it around back sometimes in inclement weather. Little things that could make things more pleasant while working during a pandemic mean a lot to the employees and their morale.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, CruisingAgain said:

Great review. I hope there is more.     Which dining room is used for YTD?

YTD is held in the Meridian dining room located aft on Decks 3 and 4.

13 hours ago, eileen11 said:

Is the end to the review????   It was great!

Not done yet 🙂