Cown and Anchor - Points for two staterooms

kw1816

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Debbie, I love you, but you're wrong.

In the beforevtimes we got 3 points for solo in a suite. Now we get 6. No idea what logic gets you to think it would be 8.

If Solo and Suite DOUBLED, then 8 with the current promotion is correct.

1 point doubled for solo would be 2.  Doubled for suite would be 4.  Doubled for promotion would be 8.

1 minute ago, SRF said:

If Solo and Suite DOUBLED, then 8 with the current promotion is correct.

1 point doubled for solo would be 2.  Doubled for suite would be 4.  Doubled for promotion would be 8.

Nope, not even a good attempt 

• Haha 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Nope, not even a good attempt 

Yes, IF points doubled for solo and suite it would be 8 with the double points promotion..

Since they DO NOT, you are right, under current promotion you get 6.

1 +1 for solo +1 for suite = 3.  Doubled is 6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@John&LaLa and @SRF are saying the same thing.... but John isn't realizing it.

The current promotion is DOUBLE the points.  That is the correct use of the word DOUBLE.

The point that SRF is trying to get across is that people need to STOP using the word "double" in reference to the normal, non-promotion point format for solo and/or suite bookings.

In general (not in reference to the current promotion), people tend to say you "get double points for being solo".... this is not actually correct -- the correct way of saying it is "you get an extra point for being solo".  

In general (not in reference to the current promotion), people tend to say you "get double points for being in a suite".... this is not actually correct -- the correct way of saying it is "you get an extra point for being in a suite".  

The reason that people need to stop saying "double for solo" or "double for suite" is because -- the current promotion notwithstanding -- THEY DO NOT DOUBLE THE POINTS .... they add one extra point for each extenuating circumstance (solo and/or suite).  

If it really was "double for solo" and "double for suite" you'd have to do the math the other way... you'd get double for being solo (which is 2) , and then you'd get DOUBLE OF THAT NUMBER (double of 2 is 4) for being in a suite for a total of four (which would be doubled to eight under the current promotion) which is NOT correct.  You get one for being on the cruise, one extra for being solo, and one extra for being in a suite for a total of three (which would then be doubled to a total of six under the current promotion).  

The current promotion is the correct use of the word double.... whatever you would have ordinarily earned before COVID will be doubled during the promotion.  

But solo or suite in general is NOT "double" the points -- it is "one extra point for each condition".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The current promotion is the correct use of the word double.... whatever you would have ordinarily earned before COVID will be doubled during the promotion.  

But solo or suite in general is NOT "double" the points -- it is "one extra point for each condition".  

Pretty sure this thread is about the current method of calculation 😇

John, who is well versed on solo point accumulation 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure this thread is about the current method of calculation 😇

John, who is well versed on solo point accumulation 😉

Yes it is, Brillohead and I have both pointed out that the current promotion is for DOUBLE points.  That is 2 times the number of points you would get normally.

And yes, this is about the CURRENT method of calculation, which has not changed for Solo and Suites.  Both of them are still EXTRA points, not double points.   Yes, with the current promotion, once you ADD up the points, you THEN double them, if you meet the requirements.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

Yes it is, Brillohead and I have both pointed out that the current promotion is for DOUBLE points.  That is 2 times the number of points you would get normally.

And yes, this is about the CURRENT method of calculation, which has not changed for Solo and Suites.  Both of them are still EXTRA points, not double points.   Yes, with the current promotion, once you ADD up the points, you THEN double them, if you meet the requirements.

Semantics, the current promotion is double points. It's marketed that way😉🤣🤣

Y'all keep interjecting a past misconception. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Semantics, the current promotion is double points. It's marketed that way😉🤣🤣

Y'all keep interjecting a past misconception. 

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue.

Both BH and I have always said that the current promotion is double what you would normally get.

What we have been saying is, the NORMAL points are EXTRA points NOT doubled points for Solo and/or Suite.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you die on day two of a seven night cruise do you still get double points for 5 nights in the morgue. 

I got the full points for a cruise were my Mother had a medical issue and my Dad and I got off with her to deal with it.

5 hours ago, SRF said:

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue.

Both BH and I have always said that the current promotion is double what you would normally get.

What we have been saying is, the NORMAL points are EXTRA points NOT doubled points for Solo and/or Suite.

Go read post #6 and explain that mistake 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Go read post #6 and explain that mistake 

I left out a step.

If points doubled for Solo and Suite you would get.

1 point for sailing.  Double would be 1x2=2 for a Suite.  Then DOUBLE for solo would be 2x2 = 4.

You get 1 point for sailing.  PLUS 1 point for Solo.  PLUS 1 point for Suite.  Max of THREE points.

Points for Solo and Suite are and ADDITION function not multiplication.

11 minutes ago, SRF said:

I left out a step.

1 point for sailing.  Double would be 1x2=2 for a Suite.  Then DOUBLE for solo would be 2x2 = 4.

You get 1 point for sailing.  PLUS 1 point for Solo.  PLUS 1 point for Suite.  Max of THREE points.

As previously stated, just use Royal's own wording and Royal's chart to explain their DOUBLE POINTS promotion. They use four categories: cruiser; single cruiser; suite; and single cruiser plus suite.

From Royal's website

Search your Frequently Asked QuestionsSearch your Frequently Asked Questions

Q

How many Cruise Points will I earn?

A

Just double the number of points you would normally get! Below is a chart to help you calculate how many points you will receive.

Standard Cruise Points Double Cruise Points Total Number of Cruise Points Awarded
Cruise 1 point per night 1 additional point per night 2 points per night
Single Cruiser 2 point per night 2 additional point per night 4 points per night
Suite 2 point per night 2 additional point per night 4 points per night
Single Cruiser & Suite 3 point per night 3 additional point per night 6 points per night
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SRF said:

I left out a step.

Royal says different. 😉

Pretty basic.  Whatever you typically earn is now doubled. Bottom line, end of story. 🎤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2