Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Not sure what ship you are on, but we called and upgraded to the Club Balcony with a large verandah on the Escape. These were on deck 8 and very near the District Brew House. Great rooms and location. Problem with bidding on a club balcony from a balcony is you do not know where they are going to put you. We called and it was less to upgrade and we got to choose location than if we bid.

• Like 3

Many on our 2022.3.29 Jewel sailing have reported getting successful upgrade bids, many with minimum bids.  We went from inside to Balcony with min bid of Cad$160/p.

A few days ago someone reported 1,100 guests on this first sailing of the Jewel since the pandemic.

• Like 1

We received an upgrade from an oceanview cabin to balcony for our upcoming April 3rd sailing on the Encore. Very pleased, minimum bid of $25/per person. We also got an upgrade on our Alaska sailing last August from an inside to a balcony, again minimum bid. On both of those upgrades, we learned a few days before sailing. Prior to that, we have never won an upgrade, but I generally bid the minimum, and we normally get an inside comped by CAS, and bid on a balcony.

• Like 3

Just a bit of information since I paid to upgrade to a balcony from an inside cabin several days ago. I got a NEW offer to bid and now my choices include the Haven. So even if you pay for an upgrade late in the game, you will get a new invitation to bid on Spa Suites, the Haven. My ship leaves on 4/24 so pretty close.

I'm guessing I won't get the upgrade I bid on.  I just checked to see the availability of Haven cabins on the Joy sailing on 4/16 and all but the two bedroom suites are sold out.  

Has anyone received an email with a yes/no for their bid for this sailing?  Thanks!

On 3/31/2022 at 8:33 PM, Celltech said:

I decided to cancel my upgrade bids and pay for my upgrade so things were established rather than by chance.  Good luck to you all.

We decided to do the same .

Fares have been reduced for cruise at end of April.  

Price to pay for upgrade was about the same as a poor - fair bid would have been. 

KTmd435, We bid just over the minimum for a 2 bedroom family suite, and the haven (what the heck!). But looks like those are all sold out now, so I'm not expecting an upgrade. Sure would be nice tho, if they'd let us know already!

On 4/5/2022 at 10:16 AM, Herissica said:

Went from interior to balcony, absolute minimum bids for both cabins.

Congrats.  We read these reports a lot.  Absolute minimum bids being accepted.  I'm about to bid on an upcoming cruise and I believe that this is the approach I will try.  I really don't care much if we're upgraded (even at the minimum) or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Congrats.  We read these reports a lot.  Absolute minimum bids being accepted.  I'm about to bid on an upcoming cruise and I believe that this is the approach I will try.  I really don't care much if we're upgraded (even at the minimum) or not.

I have always won in poor, the latest cruise I’m bidding on the poor figure is only slightly below the normal price, if the price drops in the next 88 days I will call my PCC and just pay the difference…

I was keeping watch on prices for our upcoming May trip on the Star. Prices kept dropping to the point where I called my PCC and we could outright upgrade for less than what my bids were. Don't forget to check your prices after placing your bids... even the minimum bids kept getting lowered.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, gotscrapz said:

Has anyone received an accepted offer for the Bliss 4/17 sailing?

thank you 

We were upgraded from an inside cabin to a spa balcony for the minimum bid. It seems like when I completed the check-in process and gave them my credit card number, I received my upgrade notification a day or two later. 

was upgraded today for the 4/17 Jade out of Athens.  Balcony to Haven 2BR for $10 over the minimum bid.  

FYI on the timing.  Per my new daily ritual since I bid on the upgrades, I checked NCL page this morning and Haven was showing as sold out (there were about 6 cabins available yesterday).   I didn't hear anything, and my reservation did not change,  for at least 90 minutes after I noticed this on the NCL page. When I logged into my reservation, the whole "Let's Get you Upgraded" screen was gone,  there was no way to even see my upgrade bids status. 

I figured I was out of luck.  Then... voila,  a happy email!

Woohoo! 

• Like 3

One of the few benefits of Covid was there was a small golden window where quite a few people were able to snag Haven 2BRs for minimum bids.  Not many people were sailing with families so due to vaccine requirements so there was lower demand.  My Wife and I snagged a Cali to Mexico cruise upgrade for minimum bid on the Bliss.  In talking with other guests about upgrades (I know this is usually a no no topic because it pisses those off who paid full price), it seemed like everyone who was in a 2BR, as well as owners suite was there with an upgrade offer.  I think those days have mostly disappeared.

1 hour ago, kmurph22 said:

was upgraded today for the 4/17 Jade out of Athens.  Balcony to Haven 2BR for $10 over the minimum bid.  

FYI on the timing.  Per my new daily ritual since I bid on the upgrades, I checked NCL page this morning and Haven was showing as sold out (there were about 6 cabins available yesterday).   I didn't hear anything, and my reservation did not change,  for at least 90 minutes after I noticed this on the NCL page. When I logged into my reservation, the whole "Let's Get you Upgraded" screen was gone,  there was no way to even see my upgrade bids status. 

I figured I was out of luck.  Then... voila,  a happy email!

Woohoo! 

I wish I will have your luck, still waiting here for club balcony to Haven 2 BR out of Barcelona on 4/17. There were still 9-10 available this morning, but not it's all gone. No update on my front page, and not email yet. 

7 minutes ago, Buddee1977 said:

I wish I will have your luck, still waiting here for club balcony to Haven 2 BR out of Barcelona on 4/17. There were still 9-10 available this morning, but not it's all gone. No update on my front page, and not email yet. 

Check pending on credit card.