Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

23 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

what happens if you prepaid your gratuities and the bid to a haven suite is accepted, does that mean you pay the daily service charge difference for getting the upgrade?  

Yes and an increase for insurance, if you have that the NCL 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

what happens if you prepaid your gratuities and the bid to a haven suite is accepted, does that mean you pay the daily service charge difference for getting the upgrade?  

I have been upgraded several times when I had prepaid gratuities and they did not increase.  (The latest was a May 2022 cruise on the Joy) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

I have been upgraded several times when I had prepaid gratuities and they did not increase.  (The latest was a May 2022 cruise on the Joy) 

thank you, i have heard so many versions, I am glad you have experienced it yourself. We weren't sure. 

For folks bidding on balcony upgrades, do they offer upgrades to an aft balcony? We're in an aft balcony on our upcoming cruise and there are only 3 left (60 days until sailing). I was kind of hoping being in a room with more limited supply might give our Haven bids a better chance, but I've not seen anyone here talk about bidding on an aft balcony specifically so maybe it doesn't make a difference.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, AnitaVacation said:

and the forward facing suite, you cannot use your balcony while the ship is moving (I found that balcony to be pretty useless) and also, the front facing balcony, the wall is so high that you cannot see anything if you are sitting or lounging...you pretty much have to be standing at the rail for a view... 

You're referring to the Jewel Class ships, not the Away Class ships, correct?

5 hours ago, CherWolf said:

You're referring to the Jewel Class ships, not the Away Class ships, correct?

Yes, that was on the Gem.... I have recently looked at some videos of the Away class ships and those front facing balconies do have glass so you do get a better view... I wonder how windy it is to be out there while the ship is sailing??  On the Gem, it was not pleasant at all, unless you like being in a wind tunnel 🤪

Booked for the Pride of America on November 19, 2022 with an extended balcony.  Have the opportunity to bid for the Penthouse Suite.

I noticed in many of the postings that people have stated the capacity of some of the NCL cruises have been at half occupancy or not 100%.  My cruise seems to be pretty well booked.(week of Thanksgiving) Is it worth bidding on? It's my 1st NCL Cruise, obviously upgrades are based on availability but?????      Any feedback would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, FloridaPhelps said:

Booked for the Pride of America on November 19, 2022 with an extended balcony.  Have the opportunity to bid for the Penthouse Suite.

I noticed in many of the postings that people have stated the capacity of some of the NCL cruises have been at half occupancy or not 100%.  My cruise seems to be pretty well booked.(week of Thanksgiving) Is it worth bidding on? It's my 1st NCL Cruise, obviously upgrades are based on availability but?????      Any feedback would be appreciated.

sure- you have nothing to lose with the bidding. You never know nowadays with Covid variants and regulations constantly changing what may make people cancel...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bundtkate said:

For folks bidding on balcony upgrades, do they offer upgrades to an aft balcony? We're in an aft balcony on our upcoming cruise and there are only 3 left (60 days until sailing). I was kind of hoping being in a room with more limited supply might give our Haven bids a better chance, but I've not seen anyone here talk about bidding on an aft balcony specifically so maybe it doesn't make a difference.

I believe I read that they do. I also have an aft hoping that it is a prime cabin so my chances will improve for Haven. 

Just to confirm my understanding, if you bid and it is accepted, they will select a cabin for you which could be in a less desirable location? So you are rolling the dice. You cannot move to another one after that or can you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Just to confirm my understanding, if you bid and it is accepted, they will select a cabin for you which could be in a less desirable location? So you are rolling the dice. You cannot move to another one after that or can you?

No moving. You get what they give you in the category you "win".

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

No moving, that's why its always good to do a mock booking to see what the possibilities are

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

No moving, that's why its always good to do a mock booking to see what the possibilities are

That’s a great idea to do the mock booking but also remember that when the upgrades happen it’s a snow ball type effect, the balconies that win havens give up their balconies etc. I was lucky enough on one of my upgrades to end up with a choice angled balconies (the ones like a triangle with like twice the space) when I got my upgrade from an inside the Friday afternoon before my Sunday sailing.  Great location too, deck 13 forward with cabins above and below, near elevator. But it’s the luck of the draw you could end up right below the buffet etc. and that’s what your stuck with so if picky about location don’t bid on upgrades.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FloridaPhelps said:

No reason not to bid just don't go too high, as long as you do not care about location.  For me I would not bid another category that had a smaller balcony that what you have if the balcony is important to you.  For me the side of the ship is usually important sunny side vs shade. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, travelgip said:

I just bid on a balcony from a studio for 1/21/23 sailing.  Hoping for the win.  Any balcony is better than any studio

I agree. I bid on balcony only myself. The oceanview on Getaway on deck 5 are fine, but I wouldn't want one of the forward facing ones on the other decks. 

14 hours ago, divincenzo said:

is anyone able to see rooms available for the NOV 7 Spirit Bora Bora cruise? Balcony & ocean view are only "best available" for me

So you must be in an inside.  You can only bid up 2 categories.

I am on Spirit right now and there is only 18 suites that are highly sought after. Only sold out category 

On 10/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, deweytrader said:

It depends upon what you are upgrading to. You will definitely pay more if you are upgrading to the Haven. I'm not sure about suites and club balconies (previously mini-suites.)

23 minutes ago, GALSews said:

It depends upon what you are upgrading to. You will definitely pay more if you are upgrading to the Haven. I'm not sure about suites and club balconies (previously mini-suites.)

Nort true, all the times in the past where I have upgraded from a Balcony to a Haven with prepaid service charges, I was not charged any more.  Latest example was my 5/1/22 Sailing of the Joy where I won an upgrade from a Balcony to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse.

• Like 2

May 

3 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Nort true, all the times in the past where I have upgraded from a Balcony to a Haven with prepaid service charges, I was not charged any more.  Latest example was my 5/1/22 Sailing of the Joy where I won an upgrade from a Balcony to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse.

May I ask what your bid was? Was it a 7 night cruise?