Up Up and Away Cost on Coco Cay???

julesbeara

29 minutes ago, julesbeara said:

How much does it cost to ride the Up Up and Away balloon on Coco Cay?

Like almost everything else in the planner it may vary by date/ship - shows $70 for me.

Edited by Biker19

November: Freedom 4-day: $69.99 USD Adult   $40.99 USD Child
November: Symphony 7-day: $74.00 USD Adult   $44.00 USD Child
April: Symphony 7-day: $65.99 USD Adult   $38.99 USD Child

May: Explorer 6-day:  $65.99 USD Adult   $38.99 USD Child

As to whether it's worth it or not, that's entirely subjective.  It's essentially an open-air elevator, it goes straight up and straight down.  Not worth it to me, but others might enjoy it.

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

OMG and I thought Disney's version was expensive...

well they have to re coup the cost of building Coco Cay.  And the cost of not doing cruising for almost a year.   I mean that is saying something when Disney is less in price for something.  ha ha.   And I do like DCL too.

2 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

FWIW... We were just off Freedom last week with 2 stops at Coco Cay, and due to wind the balloon never lifted off either Tuesday or Thursday.

I’ve seen some videos that were enough to make me NOT want to ride that balloon. Just saying I’ll be staying on the ship that entire day.

We did it when it was new (Think it was June 2019) and it was great.    Of course we only paid $24.99 per adult.   We were up for about 15 minutes.  It gets canceled a good bit because of the winds.  We could only go up half the height because of winds the day we booked.   The operator  is knowledgeable and provides lots of history and  info on how the balloon actually works.  Glad we did it at $24.99, as I doubt I would pay the current prices. 

Great views of Coco Cay from above.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well they have to re coup the cost of building Coco Cay.  And the cost of not doing cruising for almost a year.   I mean that is saying something when Disney is less in price for something.  ha ha.   And I do like DCL too.

Significantly too! It's $25 for adults or $20 for kids at Disney. 

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We did it when it was new (Think it was June 2019) and it was great.    Of course we only paid $24.99 per adult.   We were up for about 15 minutes.  It gets canceled a good bit because of the winds.  We could only go up half the height because of winds the day we booked.   The operator  is knowledgeable and provides lots of history and  info on how the balloon actually works.  Glad we did it at $24.99, as I doubt I would pay the current prices. 

Great views of Coco Cay from above.

M

last year, feb 2020, it was something like $35 pp but was canceled due to high winds.