I Expect HAL to Announce Change to their Covid testing to be just 2 days

LAFFNVEGAS

This was not our experience at https://www.emed.com .  We did not choose any of the the options for needing for re-entry to the United States, experiencing symptoms, or that we are primary care workers. I believe the last options was something like “other’. We did have to enter our names and birthdates for the both of us but then we were allowed to purchase without any problem. We received a separate email after planning the order saying we were approved. I believe they treat it like a prescription for the test with their online medical staff needing to approve.

All of my research online indicates this is a reputable company. There are further videos from doctors on  Youtube recommending the service. Perhaps just try again? 

• Like 1

Thanks Xander93 for your quick reply. I misstyped the website on my post. However when I typed it correctly, still no luck. There is no "other" box. I picked the "myself and others" box and entered my name and birthdate and my wife's name and birthdate. The website says if none of the boxes for options apply simply select next. I did that and the next screen says I am not eligible. I tried this on two different computers. Three times. Same result. 

I’m sorry you are experiencing problems. I believe the Seattle cruises to Alaska are simply an anomaly that e-med has just not thought to address yet. Every other cruise leaving from a US port does leave the United States and stops at a foreign port (even if just Bermuda) except the Seattle to Alaska cruises. The Seattle to Alaska cruises needed a temporary exemption to the by Congress and signed by the President in order to sail this year. 

https://reason.com/2021/05/25/a-135-year-old-maritime-law-is-stopping-cruise-ships-from-returning-to-alaska/

In just speaking to my partner we both seem to recall not choosing any of the options on the e-med website and getting approved yesterday. I’m sorry you are having trouble today. From what I have seen, there doesn’t see to be any verbiage in the approval letter that they send to you after the test that indicates any of the reasons you chose to take the test. The video I linked was produced by a couple going to Alaska this week and not traveling Internationally either. Perhaps E-Med will make adjustments and offer another option sometime soon. If the customer service person suggested that you choose the international travel option then perhaps it is okay to do so.

12 hours ago, twodjs said:

Thanks again. I chose the re-entry to the U.S. option and it did go through.

Have a safe cruise!

I reached out to Matt who runs the Royal Caribbean blog about his experience and he said 

For the Abbott Covid test, you just select "To obtain pre-departure COVID-19 test results for re-entry into the United States as mandated by the CDC"
This is confirmed as a valid reason for cruise travel.

He was provided the tests by the company and they confirmed that is the correct box to check for cruise travel

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:39 PM, boze9999 said:

Hot off the HAL Email at 10:30PM  MDT: 

Please view our guest letter with an important update here: *****/3gVRJLG

Pursuant to new directives from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have updated our pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements. Effective with U.S. cruises departing from Saturday, September 18 through
October 31, 2021, all fully vaccinated guests must produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (medically supervised PCR or antigen test) taken within TWO days of their embarkation on all Holland America Line sailings. Guests must provide
this proof along with proof of full COVID-19 vaccination in order to board.

We strongly encourage you to be tested prior to traveling to your cruise in
order to speed your embarkation. We have partnered with Quest Diagnostics for testing near you: *****/QST_TST. There will be limited testing available at
the pier for a fee (to be determined) for a small number of guests if you do
not receive your test results in time for embarkation.

Did anyone get this email that is scheduled after October 31st?

We’re on November 6 sea of Cortez sailing. Guess this is the first sailing for the Zuiderdam and Thinking this requirement could be extended. Booked today our covid test rapid PCr antigen for 2 days before on November 4. In Tigard Oregon. At covid clinic Results within 2 hours  yes had to prepay but just way too much stress to wait.what’s a couple 100 $ when cruises are thousands.  We’ll probably book a back up at Pdx airport later that day just in case.  Remember when the most stressful planning was packing. Good ole days. Hope it’s worth it.   Counting down 60 days tomorrow and it’s my birthday. 

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING! We received an email overnight directly from Holland America listing the wrong 3 Day testing requirement for our NA cruise to Alaska this Saturday September 18. The requirement is a negative test 2 days before our cruise. Not 3. I can see this causing problems for lots of people getting on the ship. 

Important Notification for Booking #XK5GHQ, Cable.png

1 hour ago, Xander93 said:

WARNING! We received an email overnight directly from Holland America listing the wrong 3 Day testing requirement for our NA cruise to Alaska this Saturday September 18. The requirement is a negative test 2 days before our cruise. Not 3. I can see this causing problems for lots of people getting on the ship.

I wonder what HAL will do should someone follow the instructions in the e-mail? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xander93 said:

Important Notification for Booking #XK5GHQ, Cable.png

We got that same email, and I wondered if the policy had changed again.

The email also stated that the Mandatory Health Questionnaire is now available. I received the email at 9:03 PM yesterday. The questionnaire wasn't available until today. Very few of the "Important Notification for Booking #######" emails have actually been important or useful. We received three separate emails about getting any necessary visas for our Alaska cruise. HAL also sent out emails twice announcing that we have had a boarding time change or assignment and to check our boarding passes. 

Even though it seems that HAL is sending un-useful and contradictory information, I am pleased that it isn't another cancellation email like the ones we kept receiving over the past 18 months.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...