New Cruising Rules

abby1257

Ok, so I understand that Carnival does not accept mixed vaccines that include Astrazaneca .....I also understand that they will not allow any oxygen on board...We have someone in our group that has Afib...and sometimes gets a little short of breath and would like to take her portable small oxygen (she carries over her shoulder)....onto the islands, (just in case she over exerts herself)...My question is this:  These rules WERE NOT in place when we booked our cruise...Should WE be entitled to a full refund? TIA

5 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

Ok, so I understand that Carnival does not accept mixed vaccines that include Astrazaneca .....I also understand that they will not allow any oxygen on board...We have someone in our group that has Afib...and sometimes gets a little short of breath and would like to take her portable small oxygen (she carries over her shoulder)....onto the islands, (just in case she over exerts herself)...My question is this:  These rules WERE NOT in place when we booked our cruise...Should WE be entitled to a full refund? TIA

My understanding is that they are allowing full cancellations or rebookings for as long as the oxygen policy is in place - through the end of 2021, IIRC.  When are you booked?

It isn't "Carnival" not accepting the mixed AZ vax doses, it is the CDC and WHO.

40 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

Are they NOT accepting AstraZeneca vaccines at all.

As of today, AZ is approved by the WHO, so as long as you got both doses, you are considered fully vaxxed by Carnival because of this statement on their website:

Do you accept any kind of vaccine?

Any vaccine approved by the FDA or the World Health Organization (WHO).

Also, AZ is looking to get approval from the FDA for use in the US.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

As of today, AZ is approved by the WHO, so as long as you got both doses, you are considered fully vaxxed by Carnival because of this statement on their website:

Do you accept any kind of vaccine?

Any vaccine approved by the FDA or the World Health Organization (WHO).

Also, AZ is looking to get approval from the FDA for use in the US.

Are you saying Carnival will accept people with 2 doses of AstraZeneca, but not AstraZeneca mixed with Pfizer or Moderna?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abby1257 said:

You have some time it seems before you need to make a decision. Things are changing so quickly i would just wait for a bit. 

2 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Are you saying Carnival will accept people with 2 doses of AstraZeneca, but not AstraZeneca mixed with Pfizer or Moderna?????

yes. Astrazenica and Johnson and Johnson are the same type (believe it’s ‘viral vector’). Moderna and Pfizer are the same type (‘mrna). You can combine two vaccines of the same type (moderna and Pfizer), not different types (aztrazenica and Pfizer) per the cdc. I know europe and Canada feels differently.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Yes they are giving full refunds if their new COVID rules are preventing you from travelling.

I think the no oxygen dependent cruisers is a COVID issue so that would count.

As others have said it depends on when you are sailing.

Right now anyone with a cruise booked until December 31st can get a full refund. That is as long as the current protocols are in place.

I tried to get a refund for my cruise earlier but they would not do it until the protocols were "official".

7 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Unfortunately the protocols for March are not out yet  so you would not be entitled to a refund.  If and when the protocols come out and if oxygen is still not allowed then you would be entitled to a full refund at that time.  So basically it is too early to tell and you will have to wait. 

• Like 1

Good luck with any refund.  Can't even get into the phone system to be put on hold.  The recording says they have too many calls and to try some other day or time.  Well I have been trying other days and times but don't have 3 hours during work hours to sit on hold every day!